Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 17-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Fire7

Should I just be Straight Forward?

So, I'm working at this job and this is my last week as I've put in a 2 week notice of resignation. I work at a call center and there are a lot of handsome, sexy men here. but I, of course, have never tried to get at any of them for obvious reasons--it's the workplace. But I won't lie; there is this one guy there who is beautiful. He was the first guy I noticed when I came there to put in my application. He must be Hispanic or something but he is absolutely stunning! And unlike the other gorgeous dudes who seem arrogant, he actually seems kind of approachable.

So, I'm thinking, since it's my last week and I have nothing to lose...but my pride...should I just go up to him and be like "Hey, this is my last week, so I just thought the heck with it, can I get your number?" I've never seen so many beautiful men in one place (not even at a night club) and I feel like I have to get at least one number before I leave, but I'm so self conscious about my looks, I'm not the best dresser (don't have the greatest outfits, rather), and I'm a nerd with no game or swagger who gets extremely clumsy around dudes I like...hence why I'm 32 and still single. So, I know that what I plan on saying is probably the wrong thing to say, but can you help an old swaggerless guy out?

I know some might suggest asking him out for coffee or something, but that seems like a lot of fluff. I don't drink coffee, don't smoke, don't drink, don't have a car, still live at home, so I don't really have much ** to offer, so I'm thinking I'll probably be turned down, anyway, so maybe I just go into *don't care* mode and let it all hang out? Even then, I'm still terrified of rejection...probably why I get so clumsy around dudes.

Oh, and I am gay, so no one's confused.
Old 18-11-2014, 01:31 AM
primrose

Like you say, all you have to lose is your pride. Don't be so hard on yourself, you must have some good qualities as we all have. So I say, go for it.
Old 18-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Titanoboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire7
So, I'm working at this job and this is my last week as I've put in a 2 week notice of resignation. I work at a call center and there are a lot of handsome, sexy men here. but I, of course, have never tried to get at any of them for obvious reasons--it's the workplace. But I won't lie; there is this one guy there who is beautiful. He was the first guy I noticed when I came there to put in my application. He must be Hispanic or something but he is absolutely stunning! And unlike the other gorgeous dudes who seem arrogant, he actually seems kind of approachable.

So, I'm thinking, since it's my last week and I have nothing to lose...but my pride...should I just go up to him and be like "Hey, this is my last week, so I just thought the heck with it, can I get your number?" I've never seen so many beautiful men in one place (not even at a night club) and I feel like I have to get at least one number before I leave, but I'm so self conscious about my looks, I'm not the best dresser (don't have the greatest outfits, rather), and I'm a nerd with no game or swagger who gets extremely clumsy around dudes I like...hence why I'm 32 and still single. So, I know that what I plan on saying is probably the wrong thing to say, but can you help an old swaggerless guy out?

I know some might suggest asking him out for coffee or something, but that seems like a lot of fluff. I don't drink coffee, don't smoke, don't drink, don't have a car, still live at home, so I don't really have much ** to offer, so I'm thinking I'll probably be turned down, anyway, so maybe I just go into *don't care* mode and let it all hang out? Even then, I'm still terrified of rejection...probably why I get so clumsy around dudes.

Oh, and I am gay, so no one's confused.

Wait, how do you know he's gay? I must be missing something... But anyway, if you're confident, then why not? You did say he's approachable. So give it a try. Good luck! :)
Old 18-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Deactivated Account

I think the only thing that is tricky in your situation is your sexual orientation, your in the minority, so the probability of him being gay as well is very unlikely. If your interested beyond friendship,I would make sure if he is gay too, I would hate for anyone to be mean to you, people in the workforce can be so cruel, this I know too well.

all in all, positive people love being around positive people. On a wider spectrum, maybe try some affirmations and manifesting techniques to attract a mate that vibrates on your same frequency.

Old 18-11-2014, 03:36 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orris Root
Wait, how do you know he's gay? I must be missing something... But anyway, if you're confident, then why not? You did say he's approachable. So give it a try. Good luck! :)

I don't know if he's gay. I assume every guy I'm attracted to is straight (one reason I anticipate getting turned down) because I'm attracted to dude dudes, not the uber-gay or obvious ones, so I can never tell, anyway. I just like who I like, and if he isn't gay then that will come to light.
Old 18-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Pathfinder

Yes, it is tricky. And he was actually right next to me in the break area today (using the other microwave) and I wanted to say something so badly, but I was frozen; I couldn't bring myself to even make eye contact.
Old 18-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Titanoboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhu999
I don't know if he's gay. I assume every guy I'm attracted to is straight (one reason I anticipate getting turned down) because I'm attracted to dude dudes, not the uber-gay or obvious ones, so I can never tell, anyway. I just like who I like, and if he isn't gay then that will come to light.

I say build a connection. Do you know him personally? Start by being friends. It is best to know for certain if he is gay or not.
Old 18-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Master

Hmmm...couple thoughts came to mind when reading over your post.

First, copy/paste/print it out. Then highlight all of the negative things you are saying about yourself in the post. Why? We are vibrational beings, and where you are vibrating is what you are attracting. So, you will attract a mate that has all of the negative qualities that you are vibrating from.

Once you realize what you are saying to yourself about yourself, the next step is:

Second: stop caring what other people think about you. If you have nothing to lose by going up to someone and asking them out, then first you have to not care what they think about you. Start by only caring about what you are thinking about them. It's kind of like going into an interview. If you are your happiest self, at your most funniest, happiest self, and you walk into an interview, not caring what they think about you or if they are even going to hire you, but you walk in just for the fun of it, to just have fun with this small moment in time when you get to learn more about what this company has to offer you - and you go in with the intention of interviewing them - it sets the stage for your interaction.

So, you want to set the stage for your interaction. You want to intend your way into what you would like it to be, what it would feel like if it all went the best way it could ever go.

But you have to start with where you are, and the work is feeling your way to what feels better, a little bit at a time. It does take time to "walk" your way up the emotional scale, so what you might do is remember a time when you were feeling on top of the world, at your very best, feeling the fullness of the person that you are, having the most fun, laughing at the world just because everything feels good because you feel good, if you can find that place inside yourself in a memory, then bring that memory into your today. Focus on the feeling of that, so that you activate that feeling into your day. If you can stay there for 17 seconds, another thought like it will join it, then another and another and you can build up some momentum.

Treat it like its a new game you are playing - how to stay in the feeling good space.

Because, no matter how beautiful he is, you are worthy of your love, and once you feel that, you will attract more beautiful men than you can possibly pick from, but the beautiful men that you will be attracting will be on that same wavelength.

So, which wavelength do you want to be attracting from??

Have fun with it, and don't beat yourself up about it. Life is for fun, and finding your joy.

Here is an audio of Law of Attraction and how that works, by The Other Side (Abraham) as channeled by Esther Hicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj80nxCR5Hk

And here is one, just because it feels good, about fine tuning gay rights. This is one of my favorite videos, and I love the feeling in it, so I share it when I can :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_c7NWWiUnk

Be easy with it, prepave your way, and most of all, have fun!
Old 18-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Knower

Since you don't know if he is gay or not it doesn't seem like a good idea to try to get his phone number aka "hitting" on him. Get to know people for who they are as people and then your similarities will allow for mutual attraction to grow or not.