Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 23-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Master

I'm sorry Silver.
Old 23-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Master
Hi linen ,well I just came off the back of another experiment, not nice ,thought id try some cold pressed canola oil ,I'm good with the processed stuff off the shelf ,but wholey man just 4 drops and it was like poison to me ,wont go into the symptoms but they were terrible, so I go back to my 7 food diet ,you cant really explain this stuff to a lot of people ,all the trial and error you go through and the accidental inducements ,its full on ,so ive just gotten to where its like they'll never really get it and it just dosent matter just gotta keep calm and carry on mate,same with my cfs I'm learning to live with it, just gotta keep alert for what makes me worse and avoid it ,and I don't care anymore if no one else understands just as long as I do ,hey its still nice to talk to people that do know though cause you do sorta need some understanding and compassion a bit ,but I'm going to try just you know enjoy the rest of my life the best I can without trying to get others to understand, that way I will be able to be more like saint francis ,in his prayer Not to be understood ,But to understand, others you know ,opens up my universe more ,Love to you Linen and wishing you a Happy corn free day.....
Old 23-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Master

Hi Deepsoul, it's so good to hear from you. It's been a long time.

I do understand everything you are saying. And there is no way you can convey the symptoms when you get a reaction. You say body aches and they just don't get it. Foggy head the same.

I think you've got it much worse than I do.

Anytime, my friend, anytime you will have a listening ear.
Old 23-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Master
xoxoxo
Old 27-02-2016, 12:24 AM
Master

It took 2 days for me to find supplements and vitamins that don't have corn in them. They don't say they are certified gluten free but the list of ingredients doesn't send up any red flags. The company is Garden of Life. I've ordered a bottle of multivitamins, joint & cartilage, calcium and omega 3. I will follow up and let you know if they are safe.

Then I was doing some further research and found out today my toothpaste and mouthwash both contain corn. Almost all do.

There is one brand of toothpaste that is supposed to be corn free. The name of the company is Squigle (with one g) and I think I found a mouthwash that is safe. Oral Essentials Mouthwash. I will follow up on those as well once I try them.

It seemed that I hit an impasse. I was at a plateau that was titled, "I just don't want to know anymore right now", for the past 6 months. The learning curve was so vast in learning foods that were corn free, and when I finally did find alternate foods that I could eat without getting sick, I just stopped (learning) at that point and wasn't ready to go forward again.

But with the sinus issue getting worse, I finally rolled up my sleeves and researched the vitamins/supplements and the mouth hygiene.

I now only take my blood pressure pills (3 different ones) and my antiinflammitory meds that contain gluten. I know eventually I will have to find alternatives to those as well, but I'm at that plateau again saying, "Enough for now."
Old 27-02-2016, 02:18 AM
Master
Wow linen, you have mad researching skills! How do you know for example, that Vitamin C, etc. has corn if it doesn't say that? How do you go about ferreting out all that hidden info?

It was purely by accident a couple weeks ago that I discovered I had a serious B12 deficiency. I was just talking with a couple of people about it, and once I started supplementing and eating foods with lots of B12, I have not landed in the hospital since then! And get this: one of the many symptoms of B12 deficiency is rapid heart rate! None of my doctors were cued in, even though I suffered from almost all of the commonly listed symptoms. Now, that makes me do a slow burn, but I'm lettin' it go!

Old 06-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Master

Sorry I'm late in replying Silver. When a bottle of Vitamin C capsules or tablets say they are vitamin C, you need to read the ingredients and know what those ingredients are.

I looked up a common vitamin c brand and here are the ingredients: Main ingredient is ascorbic acid. Other Ingredients: Gelatin, vegetable stearic acid, rice flour, vegetable magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide and riboflavin.

Ok, from my list of corn ingredients I keep on hand I found ascorbic acid. Inactive ingredients are vegetable stearic acid which is also on the list, and the vegetable magnesium stearate is also made from corn (yep it's on the list to).

Here it the list I go by. There are others but they are all very similar. Good news is the gelatin capsule is safe. The vegetable capsules or veg caps as they are often called, are made from corn. Understand, corn is considered to be a "natural" ingredient.

http://www.cornallergens.com/list/co...ergen-list.php

As far as doctors they are clueless. You need to educate them. I have to hand them a list of the corn ingredients as the beginning of the appointment. I am having minor surgery tomorrow and I know anesthesia and iv's both have corn in them. So I know I might have a reaction during/after the surgery. But there is nothing I can do but talk to the anesthesiologist and give him/her a list of corn ingredients and hope.

Silver, the burden of responsibility will have to be put on your shoulders. We've been brought up to trust our doctors and consider them all-knowing. But when it comes to deficiencies and food problems we have to be proactive.

I'm glad you are better. It sounds like you had some scary moments there if you were having to go to the hospital.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Master
Oh thanks, linen, better late than never, hah! I appreciate it - really helps open a person's eyes - not that I think I have a sensitivity, but the fact that corn is almost virtually gmo in this country is something I feel I need and want to know. If I have a cup o' noodle soup, I pick out the little pieces of corn - but I guess that won't make a lot of difference because so many other ingredients are gonna be corn derivatives or whatever you call it.

Old 19-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Master

I was in the hospital last weekend and it was a trial since I couldn't eat anything on their menu besides whole apples, oranges and bananas. My hubby had to cook all my meals and bring them to me. It was a very hard time for both of us.

It was an experience having to take medications I wasn't sure were corn/gluten free. Surprisingly, for the most part most ended up being free of corn/gluten.

-----------------

I don't know where to post this since it isn't a corn or gluten thing. But I can't eat cooking sprays anymore. Or canned whipping cream or anything that comes from a pressurized can. It's the propellant.

My saliva starts flowing at a very fast rate and I can't stop it.

I've since starting using ghee (clarified butter) to prep my pans and it is working very well.
Old 20-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Master

Soft drinks and sports drinks are out with someone who cannot tolerate corn because corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup flow freely in all drinks made in the U.S.

I've heard in the past that Mexican Coca Cola is safe to drink because they use other sugars. I was hesitant because there is caramel color which is usually made from corn (in the United States). So today I felt brave enough to try a Mexican Coca Cola. It was good. I haven't had a cola in a very long time. And I didn't get sick!

In the soft drink isle of our supermarket they have single bottles of the Coca Cola. No six packs, but who's complaining. It's a Coke! They also had Mexican Sprite. I will try that next time.