Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Can this be real?

Hello All,
My dad passed away a year ago. Since two days after he passed, I felt him around me. I know he is there because first I see a bright light in front of my eyes and then hear him talking to me in my mind. If my sister asks him questions , he will give answers to me. He tells me to tell my sister things without even me knowing what the questions were. It is more obvious when I visit him in his resting place, he was extremely close to me and my sister, it happens almost every day and it is so real. He even said he and two other people will be by my side and help me to help others.

Can this be real? Can any one please help me.
Old 28-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadspirit
Hello All,
My dad passed away a year ago. Since two days after he passed, I felt him around me. I know he is there because first I see a bright light in front of my eyes and then hear him talking to me in my mind. If my sister asks him questions , he will give answers to me. He tells me to tell my sister things without even me knowing what the questions were. It is more obvious when I visit him in his resting place, he was extremely close to me and my sister, it happens almost every day and it is so real. He even said he and two other people will be by my side and help me to help others.

Your moniker and this question reminds me of someone long before your join date.

In answer to your question though, it's real for you and your sister, anything else doesn't matter. I used to work in mental health and no, I'm not saying you're a headcase but what you're experiencing isn't unheard of, it's quite normal for people who have suffered trauma to go through something similar. People have different ways of grieving, of coming to terms with loss and this is yours. Whether it's going to last or not only time will tell, but for now this is you and your suster's realities. Nobody can tell you different. People who are psychic or mediums would be quite comfortable with this - myself included.

If it's real to you that's the only reality you need.

Our Loved Ones are always by our sides, and sometimes the best thing we can do is move on with our Lives. If he's going to be by your side to help you help others, wouldn't helping others bring him closer to you?
Old 28-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello All,

Of course it can be real. It need not be just your imagination or wishful thinking or part of the grieving process. Does consciousness survive the death of the physical body? It has to. Those who are close to us may remain with us for a time after death; they want to make sure we are OK, but usually we cannot see them or hear them. In your case you can, so enjoy the contact. At some time your Dad may continue his journey further into the astral realms and you will lose contact. But when the time is right for you to leave your physical body behind, I am sure he will be there waiting to greet you.

Peace.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hello All,

It sounds to me as though you have mediumistic abilities. Yes, it can be very real. My own father died at the age of 82 in January of 2012 after battling a long term illness involving his heart. He was not predicted to live past the holiday season of 2010 once he was diagnosed as terminal but he made it well past that prediction. When he died that was actually the catalyst for my awakening because I had a lot of paranormal experiences I could not explain as well as my gifts starting to come into play.

Anyhow, the one I will share with you may resonate with your experience is that I was riding a roller coaster of grief after his passing, I'd have good days then some bad days. I remember being in my upstairs master bath room sweeping some cat litter onto a wisk broom on my hands and knees and having a bad spell thinking of him being gone. I remember saying out loud "Dad, why'd you have to die?" and as soon as I said this across the hall I could see into our bedroom and on my dresser top was a jewelry box that I never really go into for years because it holds a lot of miscellaneous costume jewelry that I just don't wear and that music box started playing on it's own for about a good 20 seconds. It had not been wound in years and in order to get it to play you must pull out the bottom drawer to activate it even if it is wound up (which it was not). So my association became that my dad was letting me know he was around me and heard my anguish.

About a week later after I told my other half and my daughter about this happening we had our elderly cat take a bad turn in her health and I knew she was not going to make it thru the night. She was about 18 years of age so I tucked her in our computer room on a soft cat bed and gave her few kisses good night saying my goodbyes knowing she would not be with us come morning more than likely. I went upstairs to brush my teeth, and when I entered our bedroom my rationally skeptical fiance' said to me, " Remember what you shared with me a week ago about your dad and the jewelry box playing? Well if there is any spiriutal rationale to that happening I felt I owed it to you to let you know that while you were brushing your teeth I think our kitty crossed the rainbow bridge and your father has her with him. The jewelry box starting playing all on it's own while you were brushing your teeth for about 30 seconds straight." With him telling me this, I raced downstairs to the computer room and sure enough our beloved cat Cinders did in fact pass away. I know my dad was an animal lover too and it was his way of using the association of the music box to tell me he had her with him.
Old 23-04-2018, 01:36 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Hello All,

Yes, I believe it can be real, well, its always real, but I think it could be an actual connection to the consciousness that was previously your father. Life is just a state of mind in which we focus our consciousness on a particular story (currently a human animal). The human experience, like all form based experience, is a narrowed, filtered and focused state of consciousness, death is merely the releasing of this focus and becoming aware of the larger, wider, and eternal state of awareness. In this wider state of awareness you father may be able to access your consciousness (because you allow it), even though your consciousness remains focused in your life experience. Sort of like someone whispering in your ear when you are engrossed in a good book, or asleep and dreaming. Time and space do not really preclude this as they are illusory in nature, just practical constructs of the mind created as part of the human experience you are having.