Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy
Yes, I definately have learned through this experience.

I didn't post this hoping for answers, more like getting it off my chest as it is eating away at me.

So pleased I haven't been shot down for my error.

I reckon that as long as you were honest about a) your abilities and b) what you saw in the cards, you made no error.

People go to tarot readers in the knowledge that there's a "death" card (which doesn't of itself mean actual death, as you know). But there are other cards with awkward implications that can add up to nasty things.

Perhaps it's time that seasoned, quasi-"professional" readers started their spiel with "What I read may not necessarily be pleasant. Are you prepared for that?"

It comes down to how diplomatically you can interpret your reading, and - bluntly - your competence as a reader. You have to be honest about that.

If there's one thing I can't tolerate it's dishonesty and deceit in spiritual matters, among which I include prediction. How could you trust a reader if you think they won't give you the deal? Why bother to go to them?

A tarot reader unable to deal with a subject like this is like a doctor who won't tell a patient they're terminally ill, which would otherwise give them time to, e.g. write a Will, to make peace with those around them.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Everly

This topic has been addressed in another thread with similar responses. There is no sensible comparison between a tarot reader and a physician. And even if there were, it wouldn't matter. Just because one person does X does not mean others should or should not also do X. There's no real correlation here with doctors and psychics.

Here's my last post in the other thread. You can also see the thread here:
Tarot and death
-------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Can't agree. If the whole reading indicated death then death it is. No ethical reader (to me) would be dishonest enough to hide something quite as important, if the reading showed it.

And I responded:
I know of no professional reader who would ever, ever tell someone they were going to die. I've been a professional for many years and know a fairly large and wide group of professionals all over the world. Not one of them would ever do such a thing.

First, no one is 100% correct, and second, there is always free will. (And just our own free will affects us, so does the free will of others.) For those reasons alone it would be stunningly cruel to tell someone s/he's going to die.

Another consideration is that we create our experiences. Why on earth would you put that in someone's head when there's even a slight chance you're wrong? Jeez, what a horrid thing to do to someone.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Perhaps it's time that seasoned, quasi-"professional" readers started their spiel with "What I read may not necessarily be pleasant. Are you prepared for that?"

A tarot reader unable to deal with a subject like this is like a doctor who won't tell a patient they're terminally ill, which would otherwise give them time to, e.g. write a Will, to make peace with those around them.

I would never start my reading with such a statement, which IMHO, would create a negative atmosphere and, more than likely, fear within the client. A Tarot reading is supposed to help the client make important life decisions, it's not all about just "predicting".

Most Tarot readers are quite capable of dealing with death but, like most doctors, it is not their favourite thing. You have to be aware of doing psychic damage to a person. And, to my mind, a doctor telling a person they're going to die after presumably performing many tests and trying to cure whatever the patient is suffering from is a vastly different thing than a Tarot reader telling a person they're going to die. As well, there is seldom just the Death card in a reading predicting death. There are other cards which usually show up and point towards that event.

If a person has been dealing with a deadly illness and they ASK if their time is fast approaching then the reader can ask the client if they truly wish to know and are they fully prepared to know.

But to simply out of the blue predict a person's death can be too damaging to the client, I and many others, feel - and what if the Death card is simply indicating an ending of something else in the person's life?
Old 05-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Knower
I did not say the querant was going to die. It was someone they knew. The rest of the reading (over the next 3 to 12 months) all related to the death. This included family arguing about money and the frustrations the person would feel (Sod this, sort it out yourselves).

I guess some would want to know about death and some won't. This makes me wonder why we are given information about a death if it's unethical to speak about it.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Everly

Quote:
This makes me wonder why we are given information about a death if it's unethical to speak about it.

Hm. If I'm reading your post right (not all of it quoted here), you're referring to information about something that is already known. That's different from predicting the person's death and I'm sorry I misunderstood your original post.

But this poses an interesting question. If the person already knows s/he is terminally ill, and you get information about it, then it's probably alright to offer that information. Unless I'm missing something, this seems to be no different from someone knowing they're going on vacation and you getting information about the trip.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Master

I guess some would want to know about death and some won't. This makes me wonder why we are given information about a death if it's unethical to speak about it. QUOTE

When a person is going to pass on, the person's spirit will be aware of this fact even though the physical person is not yet aware. This energy can be ascertained by a skillful reader.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Knower
Everly, when I told him about the death, he was unable to figure out who it could be, he still can't.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:55 AM
Suspended
Quote:
It's been an experience that I regret.

Don't worry about it, it's done now next time you will remember this and not do the same thing, congratulations on your learning experience

everything will be fine.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:56 AM
Everly

Quote:
Everly, when I told him about the death, he was unable to figure out who it could be, he still can't.

Oy. Okay, now I've got it. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

I do think your experience underscores what a mess we can create when we tell people this kind of thing. I think you're courageous for being so open about this.

Someone else wonders why we would be given the information if we're not supposed to do something with it. Why would this situation be different from hearing something about another person in everyday life? Are we supposed to repeat everything we hear? What if the information is wrong? What if we misunderstood it?

Sometimes we get information for ourselves, to help validate our abilities (which we usually find out later). But it doesn't mean we vomit it all over the client. Discernment is the key. And if we don't have the ability to discern what's appropriate and what isn't, we ought not be reading for others.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:44 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Don't worry about it, it's done now next time you will remember this and not do the same thing, congratulations on your learning experience

everything will be fine.

Oh yes, I'll be thinking twice before blurting it out