Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Kinesiology

Old 24-06-2011, 04:22 AM
infinity00lights

need spiritual guidance for depersonalization/split pers. .suffering w/ hope :)

Hi.This is my first post,im tiffany,ive had Depersonalization disorder(detatchment from ones self) since 2007 on and off.I was CHRONICALLY suicidal for like 3 years and hospitalized almost 100 times for giving over my will to live so many times..however,once i started on my spiritual path,i found alternatives, although it is coming back now.I believe this is gods way of trying to get me on a higher plane.But its challenging to hold onto faith when i feel the loss of my soul,day in day out.I just want to feel alive again,and comfortable beneath my own skin.It causes terrifying social anxiety,personal anxiety and pretty much affects every facet of my life.The TYPE OF ADVICE i benefit best from is that which i can "read between the lines" I dont want easy answers,i want to have to figure it out for myself.to do the homework."give a boy a fish,he'll eat for a day,teach him to fish,he'll eat for a lifetime",i firmly believe this..has anyone gone through this ?Insights would be much appreciated,and if you could thoroughly explain what you mean,thatd be awesome!thanks and namaste,love to all
ALSO-i would like to steer away from labels of psych disorders so im trying to redefine this.
Old 24-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Master
need more information. "detatchment from ones self". there are people on this forum whose whole goal is to become detatched from themselves or whatever it is they feel is their ego. what is your meaning? (not that of the psychiatric community but YOUR meaning.) you appear to be some pain here so in what way are you detatched? what is the faith that you feel so challenged to hold onto? loss of soul? what do you mean? what is "soul" to you that you feel you can lose it?

clarify if you can, please. i'd like to understand.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Gerryh

Hi!
First of all congratulate yourself on going close to commiting suicide but listening enough to your soul not to do it.That should tell you that you have a purpose to fulfill on this plane of existence.Any idea what that is?In my world everything happens for a reason good or bad. Once the lesson is learnt,You don't have to keep repeating it and can let it go forever.Once you do that you are healed.
What is your passion in life? What do you want to do or become?What gifts were you born with?
Love and Light
Gerry
Old 17-07-2011, 03:02 PM
jjj

I agree... diagnostic labels can be very destructive. :( And it's another way that sometimes people either get themselves 'stuck' or judge themselves.

There are a couple of tools that may help during depersonalization episodes. Using something hot or something cold may help to bring you back into your body. Some examples of this could be using ice on your wrists, a cold pack anywhere on your body, a heat pack, a hot or cold shower, a cold or hot drink, etc. Another is an essential oil such as orange oil or patchouli (used similarly to the way they used 'smelling salts' to bring someone back from shock). It may be a type of shock that you are experiencing and I would recommend working with a therapist who is skilled in mind-body work (Heart Centered hypnotherapy would be very effective). Mindfulness exercises (look under Buddhist teachings or DBT teachings) would also be very helpful. "Checking out" of our bodies happens when we perceive that the world or our bodies is threatening. It may be that you are also referring to soul fragmentation and a soul retrieval may help you. This would need to be done under the guidance of a trained person. OH... and Yoga would be AWESOME!!!!!!!! for you! Check out a Yoga instructional DVD or attend a class. VERY GOOD way to connect with your body, mind, and spirit!

Mindfulness:

Stay present in the moment (this is a skill that we all need to practice): What does your body feel like in the chair? How do your fingers feel as they strike the keys? Notice... observe and describe (emotions, scenes, people, yourself) without judging. Have a 'Teflon mind' .... let things slide in and out, clinging to nothing and pushing nothing away. Try this with washing dishes, sitting in a nature spot, etc... and try it when negative things come up. Rather than avoiding, let yourself be fully and nonjudgementally present.

Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy:

http://www.wellness-institute.org/home.html
Many blessings~

Copied from a paper I'm procrastinating working on at this moment :) If you are interested, it is relevant:

One of the four modules of DBT is Mindfulness Training. Mindfulness is one of the concepts that Linehan borrowed from Buddhist teachings. Although the practice is quite old, it is a relatively new concept within Western Psychology. Mindfulness or “sati” as Buddhists term it is a state of keen awareness of mental and physical phenomena as they occur. It is a practice of focusing our attention. Mindfulness focuses on bodily sensations, states of mind, and interactions between one’s behavior and the universe. With this training, thoughts and feelings are not ignored, suppressed, analyzed, or judged for content; there is a type of “calm abiding” with one’s current experiences. Mindfulness meditation in Buddhist teachings is thought to achieve self-acceptance (maĆ®tre). Four aspects of maitre are fostered when mindfulness meditation is practiced: commitment, awareness, willingness to experience emotional distress, and attention to the present moment. Buddhism teaches to see oneself not as good or bad but as part of a changing universe.
Old 17-07-2011, 03:15 PM
mattie

TRUST Self

You haven’t lost your soul. You may feel as if you have done so though.

TRUST self.

Let me know if you want a few more lines filled in.
Old 17-07-2011, 03:31 PM
mattie

More Information Helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
need more information. "detatchment from ones self". there are people on this forum whose whole goal is to become detatched from themselves or whatever it is they feel is their ego. what is your meaning? (not that of the psychiatric community but YOUR meaning.) you appear to be some pain here so in what way are you detatched? what is the faith that you feel so challenged to hold onto? loss of soul? what do you mean? what is "soul" to you that you feel you can lose it?

clarify if you can, please. i'd like to understand.

Very useful to provide more information about how this is affecting you.
Old 17-07-2011, 10:43 PM
jjj

p.s. I experienced shock a great deal when I was younger and may have been diagnosed with something like this if someone was given the chance (among other diagnostic criteria that may have applied). I still tend to check out of my body and certain times and when certain 'triggers' are present but I am healing at very deep levels. I commend you for wanting to do the work!!!!! You might find some benefit in studying Buddhism or Mindfulness or Distress Tolerance skills. I really think it has a great deal to do with acceptance and self-love. And I personally believe that Heart-Centered hypnotherapy is a good way to get there. It will help to identify life patterns and heal trauma at the source.
Old 17-07-2011, 11:23 PM
northstar

you need to loose yourself... to find yourself...
Old 18-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Guide
http://www.dpselfhelp.com
Old 25-07-2011, 03:34 AM
MYFIGO

Tiffany,

Look for a Private Message from me.

Love and peace,