Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 24-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Ascender

I still must be honest, that I am quite happy to see you embracing this connection-- Because it needs to be understood, that if twin flames are even to matter, that it would be so apart of nature that it could be discovered within as well as without-- For my union was just recognizing them as completely the same--
Old 24-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
I still must be honest, that I am quite happy to see you embracing this connection-- Because it needs to be understood, that if twin flames are even to matter, that it would be so apart of nature that it could be discovered within as well as without-- For my union was just recognizing them as completely the same--

True. A natural unfolding of self aware of itself more so in these matters would be supportive to understand it deeper.

As for me embracing this connection. I travel many pathways so it was only natural in my awareness this week of gratitude for the pathway and a completion in me as one that I share those realizations. I wasn't really aware I would find myself back here again in twin flame forum but something called me back ...

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Knower

Naturesflow, that made me cry, so very very beautiful! thank you for posting it
Old 24-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBasket
Well-stated! May I ask how your journey concluded with your LO/TF? Did that person go through the self-awakening journey as well? What type of contact do you have with them today? Did you ever discuss the energetic thing between you?

Also, did you read the Dorothy Tennov book or find useful materials on limmerence for your own healing? I never read her book in full, just quoted passages. I heard complaints that she doesn't address how to heal from it, she just outlines the condition. I know limerence forums used to have users saying "it is all about you, not your LO" but never found much constructive advice beyond that.
Thank you RedBasket
I have not read her book. I was able to gain more insight into limerence from the limerence.net forums. Though I have to say, having a psychological breakdown of what I was experiencing meant I was able to see TF for what it is. Prior to having this knowledge TF didn't sit well with me because it made no sense. I needed it to make sense before I could go further into it - if that makes sense.

I don't like the jargon used in the TF forum because it literally didn't make sense - purging, surrendering, transcending, chasing and running, etc. To me, what was I purging? < terminology like that makes me think of the movie Exorcist where I'm having to purge the devil out of me and I don't believe for one second I am a bad person. And as for chasing, that is a psychological nightmare! Who wants to be a stalker right? But I did get the cat and mouse games which is explained on the limerence forums - which totally makes sense!

Because limerence gave me the guts behind what I was experiencing I can now see where my TF/LO comes into the picture, and this time, it feels good! Unbelievably so, lol.

As for how to heal, that is a tricky question and not something I want to share here because it is likely to get picked apart, so perhaps I will message you with what I know.

As for my TF/LO going through the awakening, I have no clue and I have no intention of seeing them again. Whatever happens will happen with that situation, happy to hand that over to the Universe ;)

That energetic thing between us was strange because it was TF who pointed out a few things in me (actually told me things) and I refused to look at them. Looking back, I can see that TF already knew stuff, felt stuff, but since that is in the past, I'm going to leave that there.

Essentially, we crossed paths, they fudged up my life, turned it upside down and inside out, I felt intense emotional and sexual feelings, and a connection beyond this world.

Though this self-awakening did not come about UNTIL I could make sense of it psychologically. And oddly, the result is I am doing the things that they wanted me to do in the first instance! Which I find rather amusing. But it doesn't mean we should be together, in fact, happy to not cross paths, well... not on purpose ;)
Old 24-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Experiencer

Also, just wanted to add that I can now feel, acknowledge and accept energy felt with others, which was the very thing I was avoided doing with TF because it was too intense and scared me. Now I am enjoying embracing these feelings and not running, lol... this is where life has taken on new meaning, this is my new playground :)
Old 24-09-2016, 11:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Purging is a term commonly used to refer to the important experience of consciously processing and releasing (purging) the sensitive emotional material (energy) from one's past, which had been stored within the body (nervous system) and was serving to create 'blockages'. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone being a 'bad person'.

Thanks wolfgaze, is there a list of terminology explained in layman's terms?
Transcending sounds scary too! I just don't understand the semantics unless it is described in psychological terms. The way you explained purging makes sense.
Though I'd hate to think I've have to go back to a past life, because quite frankly, if I had one, and quite possibly do, it is in the past for a reason I guess.

Ha! No wonder if feels like my heart chakra has opened - or at least it feels that way :)
Old 26-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Master
Some very nice sentiments here. They don't all resonate with me, but they are lovely and I do get a good bit of where you are coming from. It's lovely to share them and get a good mash of dialogue going on this, with all manner of perspectives.

My take is this...it doesn't matter what, how, or why, but the fact is that although we are all connected within a larger web of interbeing ...
Nonetheless, it is also true that some souls are closer to us than others, in every way we might interpret that. For one, our own soul (at least potentially) is always quite close to us ...just as Spirit is always close to us. Our closest soul mates and soul family are also quite close...perhaps shockingly so.

Accepting this simple fact, particularly when we are caught by surprise, is (again surprisingly) a particularly important and transformative one. Separation truly is an illusion, as is the illusion of total conscious control and mastery over our lives (that some have lived by and sworn by, to this point). Most importantly, the presence of Spirit and the lessons of both humility and great power make us both humble and more compassionate and gentle with ourselves and others...to whom we at first may seem perhaps mysteriously connected.

With regard to others, some are closer as family and/or beloved friends, or as partners, and some are closer for other reasons, perhaps as neighbors or fellow travellers. It is not better or worse. It simply is, and What Is is what we are here to experience and apprehend. In all of these relationships...there is the potential for an authentically loving relationship. Meaning, in our expression day-to-day. In our intent, our thoughts, our words, and our deeds. There is the potential to be loving to ourselves, and to Spirit...and these are beautiful realisations.

We've nearly all experienced this authentic love with our own mothers or other family, and also with our own children or pets. The further realisation of this truth in potentially every aspect of life, and potentially within every relationship, is also the fruit of the boundless authentic love of our closest soul mates, our closest soul family. Whatever we call them (IMO many of the current labels are not helpful). Whatever the word we use, the truth is simply the authentic love we are and the authentic love we share. In exchange, in communion, in union. It is a boundless source of the purest love, the kind that sustains all humanity and the universe at large. It is the ananda (the joy without which the universe cannot exist).

Most who have experienced this have probably just been a bit gobsmacked and have had to sort it on their own. But simply because we may follow the natural inclination to express the love in simple communication and kindness, and with a simple warmth and generosity doesn't mean we all "expect" anything beyond the same simple kindness and courtesy, particularly once we'd got a moment to sort things, hahaha :) .

Not everyone has "expectations" for anything "romantic", for a variety of reasons, whether geographic or just based on individual situations (some are broken, or cannot commit, or fear love desperately, or similar). Despite having all the love in the universe for one another. And likewise, however, all the love in the world means you forgive them always and everything, but lacking some basic courtesies and decencies, you may or may not be able to remain in contact at all times and still be authentically loving to both yourself and the other(s). All that is true, simultaneously.

In fact, a beloved friendship is nearly always the better option between genders where there is a true authentic love...certainly the first one and the most universal one. As the "romantic duo" option is probably the least likely path to an authentically loving connection, given the current status of humanity and its spiritual and emotional development. The framework for partnerships is currently just so poor and so imbalanced, that it is very difficult to bring an authentic love to a partnership without a very strong foundation. Meaning, without a strong authentic love of self and other(s), and without a new and wholesome concept of true partnership.

Basically...bringing the authentic love of close soulmates into the very concept of partnership and what partnership is, is certainly breaking new ground for humanity with regard to partnerships.

BUT also, the idea that all human relationships (from the very close to the very distant) are in fact ultimately also rooted in authentic love of self and others...is equally groundbreaking for humanity. These are both enormously important realisations we receive directly into our divine heart from this experience.

And at least one other huge reason for this experience is to accept the enormity of the love, to allow the love and the transformation to embrace the fear...rather than letting the fear of love shackle you spiritually. That requires grace, humility, and transcending the deepest levels of fear. Most especially, our predatory need for control and dominance of absolutely everything, including our own hearts. But most especially including Love or Spirit, which can never be dominated or controlled or caged.

Peace & blessings
and much love and light to all
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Just for clarification, in my prior post I simply indicated 'past'. Much of the stored emotional material/energy (forming blockages) can be tied back to experiences we've had in this current lifetime. - most often from during our childhood & adolescent years. That being said, if one subscribes to the notion of reincarnation (past lives) - there is the possibility that strong emotional impressions from past life experiences could be carried over from one lifetime to the next (until there is a resolution/clearing). Some individuals do report experiencing certain emotions (and even phobies) that do not seem to have any suitable 'cause' that can be tied to this current lifetime.

Thanks wolfgaze! :)