Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-12-2018, 08:51 AM
Seeker

That's interesting. Some times when I project it does seem like it was immediately after falling asleep, but after checking the time, when awake, I find that much more time has passed than I thought. In that case I would guess a person is deficient in R.E.M. sleep (for which body compensates the next time you fall asleep), and hence one phases directly out.

Thanks for the tip by the way. I'll try next time.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:55 AM
Newbie ;)

From what I understand, it can be achieved through meditation as well, though my waking mind is too chaotic to reach that point, and my meditation falls to pieces before I can hit that state. It's only when I'm at peace and close to sleep where I can relax. I'm not planning on giving up any time soon, though. Even if I fail a thousand times, I'll try a thousand times more if it means achieving my goal.
I wish I could have a sort of dream/astral coach for this sort of thing to help me with this, but I guess the only real way to master it is to experience it for myself. Still, I appreciate all the assistance so far!
Old 10-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Seeker

I am like you, very bad at meditation and concentrating, very chaotic mind. That's why I find that for types like us, it's better to pay attention to R.E.M. sleep patterns method ( 90 min cycles, and REM being the last part of a cycle. Best to wake self at those intervals and go back to sleep. That induces sleep paralysis from where you easily separate from your body.)

It's paradoxical because once you let go of that wish, it happens.

One has to put less effort in one sense, except maintaining awareness.
Have you ever experienced random chaotic visions right before falling asleep?
Closed eyes, drifting away.? Especially when really tired you get into that trance state quicker. So try to maintain 50% awareness, without any effort. Just observe it, let the vision go its own course, the more random the better. The only thing that stays alert is the ''observer'' in you. The awareness that ''observes the observer'' for e.g. when you meditate.
That should help as a first step.

Sometimes I start seeing surroundings through closed eyelids. Hallucination or not, it's usually a sign for me that either later that day I will A.P. or next day.

What goes into it, isn't just preparation beforehand. It's what state you're in the whole day before.

Few things that helps me:

1. Doing breathing ''exercises''. Breathing deeply when laying down, getting heart rate up but at the same time not moving, produces a feeling in me of vibrations/ being on a swing. (Why this helps it's because the same happens naturally without trying before projection. Reverse engineering - Learning what happens when it happens naturally and then emulating it to induce it.)

2. When in pitch silence, notice if you hear a frequency in your head. It's like tinnitus but not that lol, more subtle. Sometimes it sounds like shakers, white noise, etc. If you do notice it, try to raise it's frequency. With focus you can control it. (Earbuds in, no music,helps you notice the sound.)
Some people experience it before separating from their bodies. All kinds of sounds, it's like subtle energy body/ vibes/ etc. idk what it is exactly, but practicing this, and paying attention to these subtle sounds and sensations in your physical body will heighten them and inevitably you will achieve it. (It could be that point 1 and 2 are the same things, feeling AND hearing vibes.)

3. During the day, set yourself reminders to return awareness back at yourself. Scan your body and relax every part of it, maintaining awareness of yourself, the surroundings and all the sounds at once. Let your senses open to contain everything at once effortlessly.

4.Self suggest. Anything is more likely to be a success if you first lead your mind through the scenario first. Repeat a mantra right before sleep. For e.g. '' I am Astral projecting'', over and over until you fall asleep. (Study showed athletes performing better after they visualized their routine step by step successfully.)

5. Keep a dream journal. Or at least write down the most important/interesting parts of your dream every morning. Even better is to keep a thorough record of as much as you remember. It is time consuming, but a good exercise for your brain to dig up and remember every detail. This exercise declutters your subconscious, brings a sense of peace, and is paramount to knowing yourself, healing, and growing psychologically. Dreams are your subconscious, it's sorting everything you experienced throughout the day and it's showing up in symbols, archetypes and situations, communicating all that was hidden from your conscious mind. Introducing consciousness into subconscious by bringing awareness to remembering dreams is the way to achieve lucidity in dreams and experience astral projections. Basically your subconscious has less overload, work to do, so it's way easier to project.

6. Check out Robert Monroe for more information, research, etc.

And final tip, is to actually try it all. In combination with what you know already. I think everyone can do it. Like riding a bike, once you know how to do it, it's easy.

Last edited by OmDaath : 10-12-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 14-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Newbie ;)

D.M.T. was also mentioned earlier. It seems the legality of it may be somewhat muddied, so I'm not sure I can actually get anything that helps stimulate it. I am doing the breathing exercises regularly, and trying to boost my own self-awareness.
Old 15-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Seeker

I wouldn't suggest using DMT, if it's possible and better to do it naturally anyway.

Good luck