Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Deactivated Account

On Salvation

What does it mean to be saved?

We see that in John 1:12, the Logos came and to as many believed, He gave them Power to be called Sons of God. And we see that Power to be in the early part of the Book of Acts where Jesus Christ said "when power comes on high", and this Power is His Spirit.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mankind even after now has been eating of the same tree whose fruit is sin, uncertainty and death, and the only way in which one can be saved is through Jesus Christ who died for us to allow us to partake in the Tree of Life once more and its fruits. And by dying with Him through Baptism, we arise into newness of life; we are a new creation and temple that the Holy Spirit can dwell in.

The days of estrangement to God are all over. As God was a friend of Abraham and Moses and many others, He also wants to be a friend of yours and wants this relationship more than you want it yourself.

Let us repent of our sin and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of sins, and Let us be among the witnesses of Jesus Christ in all the world as we wait upon the Holy Ghost.
Old 15-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

when those following Jesus first came out of the baptismal waters, they could say "we are now saved." because at that point all of their past sins had been washed away. BUT!... from about 5 hours after one was baptized, WE sinned. either willfully or unknowingly. so guess what?, we once again became sinners! which meant we again had to continue to fight to be saved. Jesus said this ,(John 3:17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but rather so that through him, the world might be saved). (NOTICE the word "MIGHT?"

People believe that all one have to do is get baptized, believe, and that'll saves them. well, satan believe too, but he still will be destroyed ,(James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble). we have to first acknowledge the "ONLY TRUE GOD", like we feel we know Jesus. as Jesus showed, if we want to be saved, (John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).

we have to make sure we're truly trying to follow Jesus lead. NOT focusing on our own selfish desires, (Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). NOT being "LOVERS" of the world or what it offers ,(1John 2:15-17 and James 4:4). and like Jesus, be NO PART of this world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world).

and lastly as Jesus said, to "DO his Father's WILL" if we want to be saved. just believing in Jesus WON'T save our lives, (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). Remember at John 3:17, when Jesus used the word "MIGHT?" here's what he said that will happen if we basically obey ,(Matt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same "SHALL" be saved). peace
Old 15-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:

We see that in John 1:12, the Logos came and to as many believed, He gave them Power to be called Sons of God. And we see that Power to be in the early part of the Book of Acts where Jesus Christ said "when power comes on high", and this Power is His Spirit.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mankind even after now has been eating of the same tree whose fruit is sin, uncertainty and death, and the only way in which one can be saved is through Jesus Christ who died for us to allow us to partake in the Tree of Life once more and its fruits. And by dying with Him through Baptism, we arise into newness of life; we are a new creation and temple that the Holy Spirit can dwell in.

The days of estrangement to God are all over. As God was a friend of Abraham and Moses and many others, He also wants to be a friend of yours and wants this relationship more than you want it yourself.

Let us repent of our sin and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of sins, and Let us be among the witnesses of Jesus Christ in all the world as we wait upon the Holy Ghost.

[quote=Aknaton]What does it mean to be saved?

Upon conversion to Christianity, all people go through the following process:

Confess that they are a sinner in need of a Savior
Repent from that sin
Acknowledge and believe that Jesus is the One Savior who can take away their sin (because of His deity, and His death and resurrection)
Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah
Receive the Holy Spirit to guide them in daily life
Have their names written in the Lamb’s book of life, where upon death they will not be destined to a life separated from God – instead, they will be ‘saved’ from eternity in hell, and receive access to heaven and eternal fellowship with God
The term ‘saved’ simply refers to the standing a believer has in Jesus Christ. With the guarantee of heaven, believers are ‘saved’ from eternal damnation in hell. All who are believers are sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ, and seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord…’saved’ to be with God in heaven.
Old 15-08-2019, 04:08 PM
ImthatIm

[quote=sky123]
Quote:

Upon conversion to Christianity, all people go through the following process:

Confess that they are a sinner in need of a Savior
Repent from that sin
Acknowledge and believe that Jesus is the One Savior who can take away their sin (because of His deity, and His death and resurrection)
Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah
Receive the Holy Spirit to guide them in daily life
Have their names written in the Lamb’s book of life, where upon death they will not be destined to a life separated from God – instead, they will be ‘saved’ from eternity in hell, and receive access to heaven and eternal fellowship with God
The term ‘saved’ simply refers to the standing a believer has in Jesus Christ. With the guarantee of heaven, believers are ‘saved’ from eternal damnation in hell. All who are believers are sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ, and seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord…’saved’ to be with God in heaven.

Saved also speaks of the transformation that is needed for wholeness
which leads to Holiness and Righteousness rooted and grounded
in Divine Love.
Here is my JUDGMENT, many Christians I witness seem to believe
bingo bango say the magic words and one is saved.(some are)
Like buying insurance.
Yet again my JUDGMENT sees them walking and living with little Love.
Of course not all but many I have witnessed.
))((
^^^^
Old 15-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Master
[quote=ImthatIm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

in Divine Love.
Like buying insurance.
))((
^^^^

This was taken from a Christian Site. Sounds more like blackmail to me....
Old 15-08-2019, 06:09 PM
ImthatIm

[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

I did not intend to try and pin it to you.

I did not think you woke up thinking in a totally new way.

I just felt like rambling on a bit.
Old 15-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Master
[quote=ImthatIm]
Quote:

I did not intend to try and pin it to you.

I did not think you woke up thinking in a totally new way.

I just felt like rambling on a bit.

Some Mornings I actually do wake up thinking in a totally different way, but after a cup of coffee I reverse to the old me I'm not 100% sure if that a good thing
Old 15-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Master

[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

That's very sneaky of you.
Old 15-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Master
[quote=ImthatIm]
Quote:

in Divine Love.
Like buying insurance.
))((
^^^^

' Like buying insurance.'

Reminds of the Kings/Queens/Noblemen etc : who summoned the Priests/Bishops to their deathbeds and paid vast amounts of money to receive salvation from their sins, obviously these Gold coins filled the Churches Coffers, a lucrative blackmail system.....
Old 15-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Master
[quote=ThatMan]
Quote:

That's very sneaky of you.

You have mixed the Posters up ThatMan, very sneaky