Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodat
Why is the world not in better harmony? Because it is a work in progress and we are the workmen. Would you criticize an artists preliminary sketches and ignore the finished work? If and when it is in perfect balance our work will be done and its physical form will disappear to be replaced by its spiritual form.

Agree completely. Human development is a work in progress, and I am confident that there is a Divine Plan seeking full expression on our planet. This expression is hindered by the current limitations of human form, but as humanity evolves so we will become a clear reflection and expression of this Plan.

Peace
Old 18-08-2019, 05:01 AM
Seeker
My view about it

Hi utopiandreamchild,

To my view, hardships and tragedies are not the work of God; it is the work of the one against God and his followers.
God respect free will and so everyone has the choice to be on his side and follow his guidance to do good or the opposite for who they decide to follow. We should not forget how powerful God can be and that at any time he can bring back to him how he will also; By praying and following God teaching individually, we all helps blocking the shots of the evil doers...the ones really responsible for those tragedies and hardships.
We help God Win over them.
It is written in some books of different Faiths, and with the concept of Karma after death, that when we die we will be judge according to our doing...and that is where it will be decided where we will go; The evil doers that have win anyways, making some hardship and tragedies, will have judgment according to it after they die.
It is unfair and terrible to see certain horrible things happening...but i try to respond by praying more to block more of those horrors and call on God...unfortunately we don't always know in advance were they will hit and it is difficult to prevent horrors to happen...But it does make a difference for the world...
Old 18-08-2019, 05:12 AM
Master
Imagine a person growing up on an isolated island after both parents died when he was 8 years old.
When he became 18, he went to another island and met an 18 year old woman who had similar circumstances.

Note: none of the parents had any religious beliefs nor taught their child about any religions.

What kind of beliefs would the 2 young people have?

Would they believe in God?
Would they be seeking spiritualism?
Would they be looking forward to going to Heaven?

Lots of questions?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Master
My perspective and 'attitude' dovetail with hallows, I think. From the second chapter of my treatise:
The second point I want to be sure I get across (because it is counterintuitive to those who are still philosophically wrapped up in a body-ego based, and hence physiosocially focused, calculus) is that the pains and losses (etc.) that are suffered and shared in the course of incarnational Life, even as horrific as these will undoubtedly be experienced as being in the course of the apocalypse that is presently unfolding, are not something to be either feared or lamented (not really, that is). It is the very unavoidability of such experience that motivates (nascent) souls to break out of and jettison the ego‑shells which they would otherwise ‘naturally’ not be inclined to do, because it then becomes unmistakably clear that personal pleasure-maximizing and pain-minimizing schemes and strategies amount to no more than vain attempts to climb and/or carry others up to a higher deck on a sinking physiosocial ‘ship’.

Though self-gratifying physiological and social support systems as well as imaginative projections which lead people to hope and emotionally anticipate that they will, even if not right away, at least experience relief, ease, fulfillment, happiness, etc. in the future may indeed be Love and Joy sustaining up to a point, the fact remains that soulfully encountering and experiencing the kinds of ‘troubles’ that are, in the final analysis, inescapable* aspects of being ensconced ‘in’ a physically limited, temporally transient personal body that is subject to frustration, pain, loss, ego‑defeat, death, etc. is necessary for the kind of selftranscendental ‘i’dentity expansion and psychospiritual growth spoken of in this chapter to be situationally ‘called’ for and stimulated to ‘come’ forth.** A soul’s capacity for psychospiritual fortitude and interpersonal empathy (stemming from cognition and appreciation of the ubiquitousness and transcendency of the Presence and Power of Life Itself), for instance, would never develop otherwise; albeit these are just a couple of a whole host of psychospiritual awareness and adeptitude based capabilities which must be conscientiously directed and devotionally deployed in service of Life Itself for a nodal soul to transcendentally e‧merge from the ‘womb’ of its embryonic other-dependency and infantile selfishness (note: I use the word 'must' here only to state what is functionally necessary for such outcome, not to assert any kind of moralistic ‘should’ in this completely free-choice regard.)

[Footnotes:
* As Jesus said: “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
** Here’s a ‘fable’ worth contemplating in the above regard: “God ‘gives’ people every (kind of) thing they could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then, one by one, takes these away from them and/or places the possibility of their ‘having’ them (again, in the former case) out of reach, such that all they are then left with (that is, should they then choose to themselves be and continue so) is the Love and Joy they were thereby soulfully introduced to, which Love and Joy is Life Itself!”]
Old 19-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Hitler is often used as an example - rightly. But he's just one of many in various forms and positions, there are plenty of others often hiding away as 'heroes', let's say pilots who drop bombs because 'it was an order'.
The flags fly afterwards and the anthems are played while the injured and maimed bodies of 'the enemy' are lying convulsed in rubble.

So let us indeed spread love and not hate - this means nothing other than helping each other not telling each other what to do or how to live.
Yes indeedy, Busby. But don't forget the already-in-progress coming 'extinction event' which will make WWII appear to have just been "child's play". Also from my treatise:
I don’t mean to be dismissive of the gravity of our world*ly situation. The fact that the superordinate Flow of Life (i.e. of Love and Joy) will ever‑continue to be ever‑accessible by any soul that opts to be a part of It (by electing to remain and continuing to be Loving and Joyful in relation to and with others), doesn’t mean that what happens (or doesn’t) to embodied beings presently on our world stage, or to said stage itself, is not consequential and so not really worth caring about, or not much so. (Sad to say, as a result of being ‘shocked’ and ‘turned off’ by the degree and intensity of the pains they have personally experienced and/or see being suffered by others here, in pursuit of ‘liberation’ from being affected thereby, a sizable number of folks just dissociate from and so stop being soulfully engaged in relationship to and with others in the context of The Flow of Love and Joy on Earth, for the present at least just ‘numbing’ out.) I only wish to emphasize the fact that, regardless of how troubled and troubling and conceivably near‑term terminal the particular sequence of history we are in may be, it is the Love and Joy developments that take place ‘in’ the souls of the ‘actors’ (including oneself) in the course of their ‘playing’ their ‘parts’ on our world’s ‘stage’ which, because of the ever‑ongoingness of said developments, are more important than what happens in terms of the story-line of ‘the play’ or to ‘the stage’ itself. In other words, it is the psychospiritual, not the body‑ego related physiosocial, aspects of one’s and others’ contextual experience and expression that are most Ongoing-Flow-of-Life (d/b/a Love and Joy) consequential and so most worth attitudinally and intentionally focusing on and relating to. (This bears repeating: All personal and collective physiosocial-‘i’dentity related features of Life’s Being-n-Doing eventually dissolve and disintegrate in any and every case no matter what!)"
Old 19-08-2019, 11:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
We lack because we as a people see ourselves as separate from each other. We would be better off to have a unified one world government. These would be stepping stones towards a unified planet and a means of ending most forms of unnecessary sufferings. (Devinely inspired). Amen thanks god.

agenda 21 has more to do with more power from fewer people. spreading the power gives more power in the hands of the people. sorta like comparing a store whom only carrys one product. versus a store that has many products to chose from.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 20-08-2019, 02:01 AM
Seeker
Thank you for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Imagine a person growing up on an isolated island after both parents died when he was 8 years old.
When he became 18, he went to another island and met an 18 year old woman who had similar circumstances.

Note: none of the parents had any religious beliefs nor taught their child about any religions.

What kind of beliefs would the 2 young people have?

Would they believe in God?
Would they be seeking spiritualism?
Would they be looking forward to going to Heaven?

Lots of questions?

Indeed BigJohn, I liked your input...it helps staying open mind and toward tolerance to understand that everyone has or have had different circumstances in life and we are all coming form different "places"...it is more about people behavior then about the words they choose as the concept of God and heaven could be inner and in the heart, but maybe a person might never have the words for it, or maybe not the same words, or maybe see or express it in images differently...
As i study or listen or learned about different type of people, culture, practices, philosophy, religions... i try to keep in mind that maybe we are saying the same things... but only in different ways.
A step towards World Peace :)
(This is my opinion and point of view and not a "truth")
Old 22-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Master
I thought this Q&A, shared via the newsletter I just received from progressingspirit.com. , also spoke to the the OP question:
Q: By Adrian

If God is all loving why do we have disasters like earthquakes, famine and war?

A: By Bishop John Shelby Spong

Dear Adrian,

Your question has been asked by religious people in every generation of human history and no one has answered it satisfactorily yet.

The question points to a logical dilemma. If God is all-powerful then the existence of tragedy would demonstrate that God is immoral. If God is all loving, the existence of tragedy would demonstrate that God is impotent.

I think the problem is actually located in the operative definition of God that people use unconsciously. I call that definition 'Theism.' Theism says that God is a Being, perhaps the Supreme Being, who is supernatural in power, dwelling somewhere outside this world, usually thought of as "above the sky" and who periodically invades the world to accomplish the divine will. It is that definition of God that, I believe, creates the problem that elicits your question. It is also the definition of God that is universally dying today. Our expanded consciousness has rendered that God to be immoral since God has the power to stop tragedy but does not use it. Our expended knowledge has rendered that God to be unbelievable since natural laws are not given to miraculous interpretation in history.

Does this mean that God has become immoral and unbelievable? I do not think so. What it does mean is that the theistic definition of God that human beings created must now be seen as immoral and unbelievable. That drives us to seek new ways to conceptualize God, a God beyond theism.
Old 22-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I think the problem is actually located in the operative definition of God that people use unconsciously. I call that definition 'Theism.' Theism says that God is a Being, perhaps the Supreme Being, who is supernatural in power, dwelling somewhere outside this world, usually thought of as "above the sky" and who periodically invades the world to accomplish the divine will. It is that definition of God that, I believe, creates the problem that elicits your question.

The belief in Christianity of a Trinity maybe the source of the 'confusion'.

In Buddhism and Hinduism, they believe in a Trinity in which the Trinity composes the Supreme God - Trimuriti.

In Christianity, the Trinity does not compose the Supreme God.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Master
Lack of meaning-full relatedness (hence solipsism) is a mental-emotional condition that is now epidemic - hence also present here - all over the world stage.

I think this is the condition that Jesus referenced in statements like: "They seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."

Which he followed up with: "But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. ... But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

I am not sure - there may be a better way of of navigating such 'infected' world, by my present thought is it may be best to just work around (in the sense of by pass) such folks 'spirits' - 'giving them' to 'God', so to speak - and focus on engaging with those who do 'see' and 'hear' communally consensual truths.

The 'ignore' feature available via the User CP page on this forum may be helpful in this regards.