Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 28-02-2019, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Any of the sites I refereed you to I am not endorsing anything in any way. Except Martin High Bear and what comes from his own mouth.
Wise attitude perhaps since some of the organizations and people supposedly continuing Elder Martin’s legacy are said to be fraudulent.

Personally I wouldn’t believe in the positive nor the negative claims having never met the people.
I don’t even trust in my own mind-created judgements.
But if I did meet them, I’d ask Spirit to show me “What Is”.
And everyone has a ‘link’ to Spirit.

Here another example of the teachings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru4gvkNbDnc

Old 06-03-2019, 11:59 PM
Master

Yet another example of the 7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0GL24c_plU

Interesting that the 'Sabe' is mentioned.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Yet another example of the 7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0GL24c_plU
Thought that video was very good as it gave an insight into Native American Spirituality, and perhaps also how “non-natives stealing native spirituality” started.

Quote:
Taught by grandfather:
The 7 Sacred Laws have acted as a foundation of our way of life and connection to the Spirit and to the Land.
Here it also becomes apparent (to me anyways) that indeed – Native American Spirituality is NO “shamanism”.

The differences:
Very early on in my childhood, my grandmother had no commandments/laws/virtues to teach me - hence no achievements/merits either.

She belonged to that old generation of ‘simpletons from the forests’ who naturally had no ego, but only lived in connections to everything.

So instead of verbal teachings – she would *shift* my awareness into silence and stillness – into what I call Nondual “One Spirit”.
That *awareness shift* into “One Spirit” IS unconditional love, THAT JUST IS, without there being a giver nor a receiver to it.
And because the *shift* was both of us, yet neither of us, how could we claim ‘merit points’ for it - for ourselves.

Also, because that *awareness shift* is not a concept, nor does it have form – I just could not understand for the life of me - how Spirituality could possibly be stolen.

But I kind of get it a bit now how these 7 Laws with specific Animal Wisdoms attached to them coupled with ceremonial forms would attract New Age ‘wannabees’ and create the phenomena of “Plastic Shamans”.

Old 18-03-2019, 06:03 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Wise attitude perhaps since some of the organizations and people supposedly continuing Elder Martin’s legacy are said to be fraudulent.

Personally I wouldn’t believe in the positive nor the negative claims having never met the people.
I don’t even trust in my own mind-created judgements.
But if I did meet them, I’d ask Spirit to show me “What Is”.
And everyone has a ‘link’ to Spirit.

Here another example of the teachings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru4gvkNbDnc

I neglected to check back in on this thread.

I see you posted some good stuff.
I liked your links.
Your above quote seems to be one of a healthy attitude and it reminds me of my favorite teaching of Martin's.
People would always come to him and want him to answer questions for them. Many times I heard him say "What does the Grandfather Spirits say about that?" They may say well "what do you mean?" He would say " Have you taken your questions into prayer or into the sweat lodge or if need be to go up on the hill (vision quest) to get your answers?"
Old 19-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Your above quote seems to be one of a healthy attitude and it reminds me of my favorite teaching of Martin's.
People would always come to him and want him to answer questions for them. Many times I heard him say "What does the Grandfather Spirits say about that?" They may say well "what do you mean?"
It is sometimes difficult for people to comprehend that the spiritual dimension is actual reality, so they attach themselves to the Elder’s charismatic and enigmatic presence or image instead as if he/she was a figurehead of some kind of a personality cult and thus entirely miss the point the Elder’s presence and actions are making.