Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 05:19 AM
Master

Miss H, great you revived this informative thread!

... a subtle background sound we sense if we tune in, otherwise silent but ever present and which we can hear if we choose to even in the midst of loud external noise or music. Tinnitus on the other hand probably varies over time and has to do with Zinc / B12 deficiency ... the key thing being that it’s disturbing whereas the background astral sound is not.

In deep meditation ... at the vibrant void level in stillness the primal sound AUM in as a deep reverberation is heard. Whether we say it as Aum or Om or Home or Naam or on the same lines possibly has to do with our cognition through enabled sentience.

Kind of like the sound of the Sun https://youtu.be/FcZqGQ8Ra5U

Old 14-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, I just got a message regarding this thread....this needs to be 'brought up'!

It should be of interest to many here! Funny for me I mention 39 years of listening to the Word,
the Sound Current, Sat Nam, the Tao, AUM...so many names...now
it's been 46-7 yrs ..if I count the very first time I became aware of It.

Om is a human way to imitate It. Imagine hundreds of Buddhists making a continuous sound chanting Om...ringing brass bells and
singing bowls-beautiful ...but still only an imitation.

We have a need to connect with It;
this all pervasive vibration or sound that is all around us like air...and never ends.
Everywhere we go, It's there.
Concentrate on It and It leads to more than just a little sound.

Tell us more ... please!

Old 15-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Tell us more ... please!

You can look up Shabd Yoga or Nada Yoga for more information about meditation on the inner sound current.

There are many groups and teachers who teach this, so just be aware that each may present their own slant according to their traditions.

For myself, the inner Light & Sound was revealed through shaktipat, but some groups teach that the inner Light & Sound can be contacted through concentration without the need for any kind of initiation.

Peace
Old 16-08-2019, 05:02 AM
Master

Thanks iamthat your gracious prompt brought me in touch with this video ... half way through it as of now https://youtu.be/H60**2Ztpt4

On a directly experiencing note however, there is this continuous subtle sound in the background which we can listen to anytime & anywhere even in the midst of a noisy disco for example. It we choose to pay attention, it is always there.

Yet, it is a harmless sound ... an astral sound without magnetic pull.

Going in deeper, devoid of resistance and disassociated from identity in as much as we are able, to share my experience, the inner sound transitions to the omnipresent reverberation of Aum as It resounds in a subtle pulse of life energising, life enabling renewal.

I am asking because possibly the manner of experiencing may manifest differently through each consciousness filter. For we are, as yet, layered.

Old 27-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, I just got a message regarding this thread....this needs to be 'brought up'!

It should be of interest to many here! Funny for me I mention 39 years of listening to the Word,
the Sound Current, Sat Nam, the Tao, AUM...so many names...now
it's been 46-7 yrs ..if I count the very first time I became aware of It.

Om is a human way to imitate It. Imagine hundreds of Buddhists making a continuous sound chanting Om...ringing brass bells and
singing bowls-beautiful ...but still only an imitation.

We have a need to connect with It;
this all pervasive vibration or sound that is all around us like air...and never ends.
Everywhere we go, It's there.
Concentrate on It and It leads to more than just a little sound.

Thanks for bringing this thread to light. I had been hoping and thinking of talking about cymatics and wondering why no one seems to care much. As it is a great way to see the relationship between sound and matter. And it is a short leap between that and mind and matter.

People talk a lot about vibrations but don't really explore it deeply and just skirt the surface with metaphor. But for me all of material reality consists of standing waves. And with standing waves you can literally see through paradox. What is both standing still and moving at the same time? A standing wave does this just fine.

There is a cosmic song that is the prime mover of all creation. Eternal and ever-present. What is interesting is the source of the song and the dance as a living expression of the source.
Old 27-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Master
aum..........................
Old 28-08-2019, 02:51 AM
Master

It seems that there are different sounds. Possibly, each hears a bit differently as it filters through to us.

In my case I heard the Aum reverberation ... deep and renewing in the vibrant void. Otherwise, the everpresent background sound is like a ... how to explain ... night sound of the trees as a benign buzz.