Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 13-01-2011, 07:58 AM
-River-

Can Faith interact with Science?

Perhaps, science and spiritualality is another illusion. yes indeed there are irrefuedible congruencies but is spirtitually just purely faith? for faith can be generated by factual information but can factual information be generated by faith? by this i mean is science created to supply this phisical realm of "illusion" as so many put it before the things that cannot be explained threw known sciences?
Old 13-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Animus27

Can you expand on this a little further? I am unsure what you're trying to convey.
Old 17-01-2011, 03:39 PM
whiteride

science is but fragmented faith, structured to the minus until it is quite ordinary. The extraordinary developments in science have long gone. Long gone are the days where an invention grabs the front page. Because faith was always within science. But science has taken the magic and creativity out of us all to the point that to invent anything with a genius factor is near impossible.

They will not merge. We will transcend all modes of life as we know it, and to project this dimension is to be there, and we are not there yet.

But we had to hit a rock-bottom first. Not a rock-bottom in all ways. But a rock-bottom in purpose. There comes a time when there are endless whys and meaningless ways, that the only way is to explode or implode or both the same, and dream.......a dream from a blank canvas of nothing

But before we get to that, many walls must be broken down, because pride and other things get in the way of this.
Old 17-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Ascender
I have always believed that once science and spirituality meet, there you will find truth.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 17-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteride
science is but fragmented faith, structured to the minus until it is quite ordinary. The extraordinary developments in science have long gone. Long gone are the days where an invention grabs the front page. Because faith was always within science. But science has taken the magic and creativity out of us all to the point that to invent anything with a genius factor is near impossible.

They will not merge. We will transcend all modes of life as we know it, and to project this dimension is to be there, and we are not there yet.

But we had to hit a rock-bottom first. Not a rock-bottom in all ways. But a rock-bottom in purpose. There comes a time when there are endless whys and meaningless ways, that the only way is to explode or implode or both the same, and dream.......a dream from a blank canvas of nothing

But before we get to that, many walls must be broken down, because pride and other things get in the way of this.

Pretty cool post there.
Old 18-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Ascender
I agree Gem, whiteride is on the right path. Science can only explain what is seen and known, or atleast theorized within the boundries of known reality. This is a growth though and in this case very massive and slow. If a result is to be expected in your lifetime you might be dissapointed. The idea is real though and the journey in yourself is where a result will be for sure aquired and saught after. Finding purpose is what drives us, and that purpose being recieved is the road on wich we drive. Its only a matter of time before the roads cross. Even with this it will still have to be noticed, perhaps our "cross" is right under our noses and just hasnt been seen yet.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Newbie ;)

I think of faith as something I wish I had more or. I think of science as something that is very limited in its scope of measurements.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by -River-
Perhaps, science and spiritualality is another illusion. yes indeed there are irrefuedible congruencies but is spirtitually just purely faith? for faith can be generated by factual information but can factual information be generated by faith? by this i mean is science created to supply this phisical realm of "illusion" as so many put it before the things that cannot be explained threw known sciences?
It can, but they'll always be at odds with each other.

It's when science and faith mix that 'pseudo science' is thus born.

However, when 'pseudo science' gets results better than science, we must start asking questions.

I find that quantum physics is somehow very spiritual indeed and that pure mathematics is the 'language of the gods'.

What if I told you that the technology already exists for us to see and hear dimensional beings with 100% accuracy?

Many sceptics still doubt the authenticity of such experimental tech because:

1. It's still 'experimental' and
2. They are sceptics who would still believe that the earth is flat if their science told them so.

Faith can also be expressed fractally in the form of a Metatron Cube, a Fibonacci spiral or a Mandelbrot Set.

It reminds us of 'the golden ratio' or the universal constant - the language of The Divine.

*I just noticed the date on this thread...ah well. lol
Old 10-05-2016, 01:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Star
I have always believed that once science and spirituality meet, there you will find truth.
Exactly!

*10charrule
Old 10-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by -River-

You would first have to be clear as to what your definition of "Faith" is.
Faith does not generally require facts, it is just something that is believed deeply.
Science on the other hand requires facts to work with and build on before moving forward.

Science can confirm many things that some people hold as faith. But since peoples faith is as varied as there are people, then some people may end up proven wrong under the weight of facts.
So yes...science and faith can work together, but it wont work out for faith in alot of circumstances.