Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Knower
Brain injury causes beer-drinking man to take up cross-stitch

I would love to hear what others think may have caused this man to suddenly take up cross-stitching? (apart from the obvious physical injury to the brain). I've come across other articles over the years that have cited similar cases, but which involved organ transplant patients. I've always found these occurrences a curious thing.

AN ABUSIVE, heavy-drinking man was transformed into a teetotal perfect husband after suffering a brain haemorrhage.

Ken Merryweather, 44, from Glossop in Derbyshire, central England, used to go out on all-night drink binges before returning home to argue with his girlfriend.

But his personality was completely transformed after he was struck down by the life-threatening condition.

The change was so striking that his girlfriend even agreed to marry him.

"There was no way I would've married him before but he has totally gone the other way," Tracey Merryweather said.

Mr Merryweather said that although the hemorrhage caused him several problems, he was glad it had made him "a nicer guy to be around”.
"I used to be so verbally abusive - especially after a few pints. When I used to work I used to go straight to the pub and not get in until 2am to 3am in the morning."

He added: "There are things I can't do now but there are other things I can - I can cross-stitch and I do an awful lot of sewing and cooking."

Mr Merryweather had been drinking heavily just hours before he suffered the haemorrhage. He was found the next morning collapsed on the floor.

"I lost 50 to 70 per cent of my memory, I had to learn to walk and talk again. I asked if it was down to the alcohol and the doctors said no. It was basically just a time bomb ticking. I don't touch a drop now. Tracey says it's turned me into a better person," he said.

Last edited by *whitefeather : 03-10-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Master
Maybe it was one of those soul-exchanges happening to him...
Old 03-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Knower
Well Silvergirl, soul exchange is what had occurred to me too. I posed my question because I wanted to see if anyone else thought this as well.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Checkers

Could it be the brain injury helped him find his 'feminine side'??? Lucky him!

Checkers
Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 PM
starfish

it could be that he was obsessed by a discarnate (causing his heavy drinking)

the effect of the brain lesion removing the entity , and returning the fellow to what would be his normal self.

if youv'e ever read 30 yrs among the dead by Dr. Carl A. Wickland, M.D
who along with his mediumistic wife spent his life removing obsessing discarnates from people , and curing them.

here is a free version:

http://new-birth.net/booklet/30_year...g_the_dead.PDF

Old 04-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish
it could be that he was obsessed by a discarnate (causing his heavy drinking)

the effect of the brain lesion removing the entity , and returning the fellow to what would be his normal self.

Yes another possibility starfish .... but could you really say that this man who has gone from being a heaver drinker to suddenly cross-stitching, cooking and cleaning is his normal self?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:02 AM
starfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by *whitefeather
Yes another possibility starfish .... but could you really say that this man who has gone from being a heaver drinker to suddenly cross-stitching, cooking and cleaning is his normal self?

hey whitefeather,, i cook and clean well maybe not the cross-stich part.

a lot of the people in wicklands book were obsessed by many discarnates.
maybe anohter has taken over , when the drinking one left

its possible , who can tell..

Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
ThinkingAloud

From a physical point of view, it's difficult to explain why brain injuries seem to change people's behaviour. Though science will obviously say the injury affected the part of the brain which creates personality, or something like that I'm sure.

But, I've always felt really that the consciousness activates the brain, rather than the other way round, rightly or wrongly.

I wonder if it's possible that he had an experience whilst unconscious which he isn't aware of. Much like waking from a dream and you have a different outlook on life or a problem in your life.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Master
The question that showed up in my mind was, Did this guy have a near death experience during his hemmorage?

People who go through that sort of thing often have dinstinct personality changes afterward. It's possible he did have but either doesn't talk about it, or forgot it.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 07-10-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Knower
Well that would be very likely Xan.