Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 26-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Pathfinder
"Character Binding?"

They say everyone's experience is different, but there's always been something a little funny about the way my guides present themselves to me. Most of them like to match the appearances of fictional characters I've created for a webcomic I plan on making, though their personalities aren't exactly the same as their story counterparts. It's more like they chose the "best match" to their own personalities with respect to the personalities of the characters I've already created. So, when I'm working with my spirit guides, in my mind's eye it looks like I'm talking to a character I've created, except I'm aware of the ways in which they behave differently (or in some cases, personalized the character's appearance to suit their tastes) and I understand that the characters I'm seeing are not their true identities. My guides tell me they do this because they wanted to choose appearances that are comfortable to me, though it probably also has a lot to do with my soul mission since they're inhabiting the most important story I want to tell.

I'm not sure whether this is common, though just yesterday I heard for the first time the phrase "character binding." I can't find any solid information on what this means, but in context it sounded like it was being used to describe what I'm experiencing.

Can anybody else relate? If not, how do your guides appear to you? Do you ever question whether you're seeing what they really look like?
Old 27-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Deactivated Account
They are formless. To you, if you really want to see them, the best match would be 'Light'. (as in sunlight)

They do use symbols, which you are familiar with, so you can relate to them.

The phrase "character binding" is not important, probably they used it to describe how you attach their appearance to the familiar images. As you have created the fictional character images in your mind, so they are using them to make themselves noticed by you.

Only the experience which you have with them, is important.
The experience and the continuous connection is important. Do not engage in too many thoughts.

So now, your creativity may flow. You can ask them to present you a funny idea of their interaction, which you can use to draw your webcomic.

Good luck.
Old 28-02-2018, 01:14 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Only the experience which you have with them, is important.
The experience and the continuous connection is important. Do not engage in too many thoughts.

I found myself really centering in on this specific piece... I wrote a whole bunch about it, but then I deleted it because I realized I was doing exactly what you said not to do :)

I will summarize it, though... I realized I was seeking validation because deep down, I fear I'm making this all up. But they've proven themselves to me countless times, and on the whole their influence has been positive and welcome. They've given me nothing to worry about, so my fears should be irrelevant. Hopefully this realization will bring me closer to them! Thank you.
Old 28-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendaru
They say everyone's experience is different, but there's always been something a little funny about the way my guides present themselves to me. Most of them like to match the appearances of fictional characters I've created for a webcomic I plan on making, though their personalities aren't exactly the same as their story counterparts. It's more like they chose the "best match" to their own personalities with respect to the personalities of the characters I've already created. So, when I'm working with my spirit guides, in my mind's eye it looks like I'm talking to a character I've created, except I'm aware of the ways in which they behave differently (or in some cases, personalized the character's appearance to suit their tastes) and I understand that the characters I'm seeing are not their true identities. My guides tell me they do this because they wanted to choose appearances that are comfortable to me, though it probably also has a lot to do with my soul mission since they're inhabiting the most important story I want to tell.

I'm not sure whether this is common, though just yesterday I heard for the first time the phrase "character binding." I can't find any solid information on what this means, but in context it sounded like it was being used to describe what I'm experiencing.

Can anybody else relate? If not, how do your guides appear to you? Do you ever question whether you're seeing what they really look like?

I can relate to how my guides, especially my Primary Spirit Guide (PSG), presented themselves to me. I actually met my PSG in a story I was writing at the time. It was for the fantasy genre and I needed a Deity for a religion I created so I named him and wrote him into the story. Some time later during meditation, it was finally revealed to me that my PSG's name was exactly the one I wrote into the story. After a brief conversation with Him, it turned out I had made a connection with Him when I was creating a deity for the story. It seems that guides do want to help us with our creative endeavours.

I find guides can present themselves however they desire which is usually something we're comfortable with.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 28-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I can relate to how my guides, especially my Primary Spirit Guide (PSG), presented themselves to me. I actually met my PSG in a story I was writing at the time. It was for the fantasy genre and I needed a Deity for a religion I created so I named him and wrote him into the story. Some time later during meditation, it was finally revealed to me that my PSG's name was exactly the one I wrote into the story. After a brief conversation with Him, it turned out I had made a connection with Him when I was creating a deity for the story. It seems that guides do want to help us with our creative endeavours.

I find guides can present themselves however they desire which is usually something we're comfortable with.

Yep, that's pretty similar to how mine presented! I had already created some characters for a role-playing web forum and was investing heavily into their backstory. About 9 months later, I was walking to work, kind of depressed over a girl I liked. While I was lost in thought, I suddenly had the sense that my player character was standing next to a tree ahead of me. I couldn't see anything, but I felt as though the space in front of the tree was occupied by a person. As I was figuring this out, it felt like a mental voice other than my own popped into my thoughts to say "Hey, what's up?" It followed me around for my shift at work, staying out of my way but giving me subtle nods to let me know it was still present. When I got home, he introduced himself as my PSG and then I met almost a dozen more, all appearing as characters I created.

Today, most of those originals are still here, but there are others who came in later with their own character designs. The role play forum closed years ago, so I've adapted the setting for my own use as a comic. Over time, my guides have helped me refine the characters and find a really cool metaphysical hook to make this, I hope, the most unique story I could possibly ever tell. I know I've never seen a story told this way before, and I couldn't have arrived at the epiphanies leading to it without their help.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 AM
Master
I find it comforting knowing that They're available 24/7 and that They are truly involved with our lives if we allow Them in. I'm working on another story and I don't know how much They're helping me with it. Even in my flimsiest daydream, They want to join in. I wonder how far we, or anyone, can go with story telling with Their help. I'm also sure that They help with music, poetry, etc. My 'problem' is, I have too many volunteers.

Of course They help with more serious matters in our lives but it's up to us if we listen or not. Either way, it comes down to free will and They love us for who we are.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 01-03-2018, 02:04 AM
Pathfinder

I completely agree on how much help or inspiration they seem to lend when doing creative endeavors. I look back on journal entries from years ago that were written at 2am and am completely surprised they were written by me. It's not the same tone or depth that I'd normally write in at all.

I read a couple entries to my husband and he asked who wrote them. Lol. Even I don't recognize it but the message is always clear and carries intense insight that otherwise wouldn't be as present during 'mentally busy' times of the day.

However your inspiration, go with it :)

~journey
How far can inspiration take us? Can that one thing that inspired you, trigger something in yourself to create, and be an inspiration to someone else? I think so, I think its just a matter of passing along that feeling, even if its unintended.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:41 AM
Master
Hi.

This thread itself has been an inspiration to me, and a great read. It has inspired me as I have never thought about guides in such way. At least I do not think any of mine had introduced themselves via a story I was writing. And I have tried writing a couple short stories, but ended up giving that up.

My main introduced himself via a guide meditation first, and then during a probable self meditation as well.

My main was not my first. I remember when younger more than a handful of years ago, every time I would try and do a past life exercise (self hypnosis) from a book, this same Pharaoh would constantly show up in the exercise and I would always find myself in Egypt. It happened so frequently I was like alright.. what is the deal? This can not be past life related, I doubt very much so I have only been incarnated once before as a Pharaoh...

Not to mention, the Pharaoh didn't really feel like it was me, itself. So when I came here to SF and read up more on spirit guides, I decided to try and make a guide, or make a character a guide, sort of how you guys did with your stories, only I never wrote about the Pharaoh. I keep the stories in my head. So I actively meditated and went out with the intent to meet the Pharaoh a few times. Had some interesting talks/ experiences. And of course like always, he often likes to meet up in Egypt. (Haha.)

This thread is inspiring for consideration. I have found guidances to help with my own creativity just not story writing. I have found a lot of imagery for embroidering come to me in a way I attribute to my guides, so I understand what you are saying here, with the guides and creativity thing. Only they have not introduced themselves in an embroidered image or anything, but they do often give me creative ideas and inspiration.

Thanks for the thread. :)
Old 05-11-2018, 03:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Mine also manifest in a similar way. I've been writing a story in my head for at least 10 years now. Part of me honestly feels that I am just in the process of remembering past lives. And my guides appear as characters, as best friends along the journey with the character that represents a part of me.

I try not to get too tied down with these characters, as I honestly feel these are just past physical manifestations of their souls. I know that now they aren't going to be exactly like how I wrote them within my story, because they have experienced so many more lives like I have.

Yet, I do find comfort being able to connect with them in this way. I mostly connect with them via dreams and meditation, with thoughts that don't seem to be coming from myself alone. Being able to paint an image of who they once were is meaningful to me, I want to honor them in this way I guess, because I truly know that I love my guides with my whole being.

They are my family, through and through.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:54 AM
Knower

do you mean you heard/read this phrase in the context of how do spirit guides try to communicate with you?