Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Pathfinder

"my" truth!

I constantly hear people say all the time "your" truth or "my" God. I never understood that way of thinking. That is like my blood brother calling our mother, just "his" mom when we are conversing. It's both of our moms.

The truth was my whole driving force to figuring out this life. The truth started my awakening and keeps me here in the present. So my question is how can the truth be different to one person on "Earth" and not be the same for another person on "Earth"?

2+2=4 that's true everywhere you go, but if your "taught" its anything else does that make it false?
Old 03-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Truth is truth but there are as many ways of interpreting that truth as there are stars in the sky. Lol.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskay
I constantly hear people say all the time "your" truth or "my" God. I never understood that way of thinking. That is like my blood brother calling our mother, just "his" mom when we are conversing. It's both of our moms.

The truth was my whole driving force to figuring out this life. The truth started my awakening and keeps me here in the present. So my question is how can the truth be different to one person on "Earth" and not be the same for another person on "Earth"?

2+2=4 that's true everywhere you go, but if your "taught" its anything else does that make it false?

It is an aspect of our creative nature. We literally create what we think. In that light, is one person's truth more valid than another's? If I create my truth and you create your truth then both are valid. Free will.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
It is an aspect of our creative nature. We literally create what we think. In that light, is one person's truth more valid than another's? If I create my truth and you create your truth then both are valid. Free will.

This is right. Also it should be pointed out that truth can come in many layers. A deeper truth discovered on the same matter does not necessarily invalidate a previous layer of truth. i.e. truth can both literal, metaphoric, allegorical, etc.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
So my question is how can the truth be different to one person on "Earth" and not be the same for another person on "Earth"?

It is all falsehoods and vain imaginations, there is no truth on earth. We all exist in a temporary illusion. What we think is "our truth" is only "our vanity".

mj
Old 03-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Master
gee, I just explained this in another thread by you, Eskay.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:

It's the nature of things. The truth is that truth has no boundaries, that you can never know more than that truth can't be known.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
It's the nature of things. The truth is that truth has no boundaries, that you can never know more than that truth can't be known.

This pretty much sums it up.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity

Capacity,

That is true. It is true because truth is subjective. Meaning subjective to the viewpoint of those attempting to witness to the truth. There is one truth from a crime scene with 1 witness.....a different truth emerges with 2,3,4 witnesses etc.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Capacity,

That is true. It is true because truth is subjective. Meaning subjective to the viewpoint of those attempting to witness to the truth. There is one truth from a crime scene with 1 witness.....a different truth emerges with 2,3,4 witnesses etc.
That's true but that's not truth. The ground of being is truth and has no boundaries and it cannot be known. It's nature is not knowable nor is it the subject. It is the ground.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness