Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Mick in England

Ancient skies

ANCIENT SKIES by Mick
I'll never forget an incident about 10 years ago; i was sitting at my computer one evening after dark when suddenly it switched itself off and the light in the room went off.
At first i thought a fuse had blown, but then i realised the street lamp outside had gone off too.
I looked out of the window and there was no light anywhere, not a glimmer of any kind.
Power cut! (It lasted about an hour)
"Oh well" i thought, "i might as well make myself a cup of tea"..
But the kettle stayed cold because i'd forgotten it was an electric kettle, duh..
So i trudged into the other room to watch TV. Bad move, no electricity..
It was turning cold, so i tried the electric heating. Stone cold of course..
I ambled into the back garden to look around and see if i could spot a light somewhere, anywhere, but without success.
Then as my eyes grew accustomised to the pitch blackness, I glanced up to the sky, and was hit by the stunning sight of a trillion stars blazing down that took my breath away!
As a city-dweller i'd never seen them like this before because of light pollution, but now i could see the whole heavenly array in all their splendour, not just the usual bright ones but all the tiny faint ones like grains of sand, and the band of the Milky Way across the zenith, the whole show seemed to have an awesomely dizzying 3D depth to it.
It was a very spiritual experience, there i was, back in the stone age without electricity,cold, lonely and dying for a cup of tea, yet there were the heavens blazing down in all their glory, huge, powerful, majestic, eternal..
"..praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above,
whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)
---------------------------------------------
Old 29-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
welcome to the site mick, stars are beautiful i'd love to lie in fields at night miles away from people and noise and lay gazing til the sun comes up, i'm stuck in a city too but hopefully not for too much longer
Old 29-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Master
*giggles* Your retelling of that night reminds me of what my kids are like when the electricity goes out (around here that happens a lot.) It never fails, as soon as the lights go out they want to go watch tv in my bedroom or they want something warmed up in the microwave...etc, etc, etc. hehehehe

I live out in the country, and there are nights (when the bugs aren't too bad) I'll go out and lie down on the trampoline and just stare at the stars. I've always loved the stars.
Old 30-08-2006, 08:58 PM
BLAIR2BE

I Too Live In The Country So I Get To Enjoy The View On Any Clear Night. Yes The Night Sky Full Of Endless Stars Is Breathtaking And Awe Inspiring. A Very Good Atmosphere For Meditation.
It Always Makes Me Realize Just How Vast, Amazing And Mysterious Creation And Existance Is:)
Old 30-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
*giggles* Your retelling of that night reminds me of what my kids are like when the electricity goes out (around here that happens a lot.) It never fails, as soon as the lights go out they want to go watch tv in my bedroom or they want something warmed up in the microwave...etc, etc, etc. hehehehe

I live out in the country, and there are nights (when the bugs aren't too bad) I'll go out and lie down on the trampoline and just stare at the stars. I've always loved the stars.
do you want a lodger lol (only kidding)
Old 30-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
I Too Live In The Country So I Get To Enjoy The View On Any Clear Night. Yes The Night Sky Full Of Endless Stars Is Breathtaking And Awe Inspiring. A Very Good Atmosphere For Meditation.
It Always Makes Me Realize Just How Vast, Amazing And Mysterious Creation And Existance Is:)

you lucky people
Old 31-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
do you want a lodger lol (only kidding)
I'd say 'yes' but we really don't have a lot of room IN the house....lol...but we do have a camper sitting out in the pasture if you'd like to stay in there for a while
Old 01-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Enlightener

The Day of Dairy De Feet

I have heard it said that when you are looking up at the stars you are looking back at your past lives, all the past reincarnations that you have enbodied are up there happening just as you gaze into the heavens. There is no time, so technically you could visit one of these distant planets and meet yourself, in another body!
I think this clues to the idea that we are all one.

Enlightener
Closed Thread