Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 20-07-2019, 08:16 AM
Master
It's just a thought about the process that is required for progress, and such a process is the continual ongoing adaption to harder and harder tasks. For example a new pianist learns "Three Blind Mice" but then one has to try something harder to become good at playing piano. It takes years to be adept at playing the great concertos, and it takes a lot of practice simply to maintain that ability... so at first it's enough to strive for a goal, to get better, but ultimately it's all about loving the process.
Old 20-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's just a thought about the process that is required for progress, and such a process is the continual ongoing adaption to harder and harder tasks. For example a new pianist learns "Three Blind Mice" but then one has to try something harder to become good at playing piano. It takes years to be adept at playing the great concertos, and it takes a lot of practice simply to maintain that ability... so at first it's enough to strive for a goal, to get better, but ultimately it's all about loving the process.

Indeed. The process holds within it, an abundant source of interconnectedness, that we can overlook, if we simply get too fixated on the goal. I’ve never been goal orientated, that’s my learning. I have great and deep trust in the process now, but having goals would serve me to really connect through the whole and of course receive through the whole. So I’m directed this way now, more so.
Old 20-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Indeed. The process holds within it, an abundant source of interconnectedness, that we can overlook, if we simply get too fixated on the goal. I’ve never been goal orientated, that’s my learning. I have great and deep trust in the process now, but having goals would serve me to really connect through the whole and of course receive through the whole. So I’m directed this way now, more so.

The goal for me is an imagined self image doing a thing, so there is a long term project putting things in place to make the vision become real, and there's a list of things that have to be done to put the little bits in place. I like to have to have a goals book broken up into a page of the long term outcomes, a page of what it should look like half way through, and a page of short term things to get done in the next week to month or so. Then I can open that book every morning and write a list of things to do today that I can do to move toward the final long term reality. A lot of people say just visualise and the universe provides, but to me there;s there's a difference between being a dreamer and being actively involved in making things come true. In weight lifting, you have to do what it takes to make the goal come true. You can't just visualise a heavy lift and the universe will make it happen. You have to visualise the heavy lift and then do the training that makes it possible. Then if you take the necessary steps, you will lift what you imagined. That is a lesson that applies to the rest of life.
Old 20-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The goal for me is an imagined self image doing a thing, so there is a long term project putting things in place to make the vision become real, and there's a list of things that have to be done to put the little bits in place. I like to have to have a goals book broken up into a page of the long term outcomes, a page of what it should look like half way through, and a page of short term things to get done in the next week to month or so. Then I can open that book every morning and write a list of things to do today that I can do to move toward the final long term reality. A lot of people say just visualise and the universe provides, but to me there;s there's a difference between being a dreamer and being actively involved in making things come true. In weight lifting, you have to do what it takes to make the goal come true. You can't just visualise a heavy lift and the universe will make it happen. You have to visualise the heavy lift and then do the training that makes it possible. Then if you take the necessary steps, you will lift what you imagined. That is a lesson that applies to the rest of life.

Very true. You get what you work for, not what you wish for.
Old 25-07-2019, 04:15 AM
Master
Since I live in an area, where people don’t even own a pair of shoes – only thongs ….

Today on the street of our township, we watched in total awe as these two men – dressed in white shirts and black suits walked past – tall & erect like all starched up.

What were they?
Men in Black?
Extraterrestrial life forms?
Shapeshifting entities from another dimension pretending to be humans yet totally missing the mark in blending in …..

Just as well I had my cymbal bells in my pocket to clear the air

I mean one doesn’t have to have Kundalini rising happening for things to take on a weird, dreamlike, surreal turn in one’s ordinary life.
Or if ordinary waking reality also had ‘dream signs’ – signs to remind you that the waking state is also a dream – that would have been it.

Old 25-07-2019, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

I’m a dreamer that sometimes doesn’t have to make things happen, they just happen out of my control. Like last night I dreamed a dream of someone who was a biker and was into psychic phenomena, I was chatting away about readings and stuff. He walked away saying. We are all evolving into love..

Fast forward 9.30 am, I meet a man randomly. He is a biker, medium, healer who shared about his gifts from age 7. His final comment to me. Since that age, I always believed it’s all about love.
Old 25-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
I’m a dreamer that sometimes doesn’t have to make things happen, they just happen out of my control. Like last night I dreamed a dream of someone who was a biker and was into psychic phenomena, I was chatting away about readings and stuff. He walked away saying. We are all evolving into love..

Fast forward 9.30 am, I meet a man randomly. He is a biker, medium, healer who shared about his gifts from age 7. His final comment to me. Since that age, I always believed it’s all about love.

I'm a great day dreamer with an imagination of wonderful things, but I also do things that don't come easy. This thread was inspired by doing something hard: getting a fitness business off the ground. It's so hard to do because there are skills I need that I don't have, I have to adapt and overcome personality traits that don't work for me. A few things just happen and fall in my lap, but overall it's being proactive. I learn my grit from heavy lifting. I know it took consistent effort for a very long time to lift the amounts I now lift, and how much more training it will take before I'm ready for the platform. I daydream of the platform every day, but I also do what it takes to make it possible.

I'm having mild success in the fitness business, but every day I just scrape by by the skin of my teeth, and then do it the next day as well, but I believe if I keep chipping away something's gotta give eventually and everything I've done will add up to create the momentum to take off
Old 25-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm a great day dreamer with an imagination of wonderful things, but I also do things that don't come easy. This thread was inspired by doing something hard: getting a fitness business off the ground. It's so hard to do because there are skills I need that I don't have, I have to adapt and overcome personality traits that don't work for me. A few things just happen and fall in my lap, but overall it's being proactive. I learn my grit from heavy lifting. I know it took consistent effort for a very long time to lift the amounts I now lift, and how much more training it will take before I'm ready for the platform. I daydream of the platform every day, but I also do what it takes to make it possible.

I'm having mild success in the fitness business, but every day I just scrape by by the skin of my teeth, and then do it the next day as well, but I believe if I keep chipping away something's gotta give eventually and everything I've done will add up to create the momentum to take off

Hard/soft, hard/easy, life is fuelled with many streams of doing and non doing. I guess in my showing, I’m aware that we are dreaming ourselves into being, sometimes we don’t have to do anything, things will come most naturally, spontaneously, to reflect and support our cause in the non doing of the co creative partnership we seem to have working one with us as we create our lives. Their is me waking up each day, moving through life, creating that life, by going to work, opening the shop, setting it up, ready for those co creative reflections that work one with the whole creation at play in that shop. So even as i am moving and doing, participating and making things happen, I’m also not making things happen. I’m meeting the non doing aspects of myself aware of the nature of alignment.

The grit and grind, the heavy hard approach will no doubt swing the pendulum the other way when it’s time. The nature of ones inner balance calls it eventually.
We can also see how inner balance can work in that flow moment to moment. Where hard/light or hard and soft (how ever you perceive it’s opposite) work as one, alleviating all one way..

Proactive, inactive can still yield results, it just depends where your looking or not looking into the whole stream of your creation.

I am around lots of males who’ve pushed hard to prove and achieve physically. It seems to have been a great catalyst of personal growth, focus and achievements they never imagined they could do or be. I know the pushing hard but was important in someway for their own ignition and place in the world. A few talk of their early years of life struggling to fit in with the mainstream masculine, that didn’t allow for them to be as they knew they were, when young. I see with some they have become wonderful motivators to push through, keep going, don’t give up. “You got this”...

Everything woven from the dreamer into action, into life, is us and life as a whole source. When your the main source, it can mean you do all the work, so the hard parts will be more amplified, the lighter parts less at the forefront, but in time I guess the hard becomes the lighter or softer aspects , then you don’t notice any of them at all..it’s all blended into one creation where your achievements recognise their own results..
Old 26-07-2019, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Hard/soft, hard/easy, life is fuelled with many streams of doing and non doing. I guess in my showing, I’m aware that we are dreaming ourselves into being, sometimes we don’t have to do anything, things will come most naturally, spontaneously, to reflect and support our cause in the non doing of the co creative partnership we seem to have working one with us as we create our lives. Their is me waking up each day, moving through life, creating that life, by going to work, opening the shop, setting it up, ready for those co creative reflections that work one with the whole creation at play in that shop. So even as i am moving and doing, participating and making things happen, I’m also not making things happen. I’m meeting the non doing aspects of myself aware of the nature of alignment.

The grit and grind, the heavy hard approach will no doubt swing the pendulum the other way when it’s time. The nature of ones inner balance calls it eventually.
We can also see how inner balance can work in that flow moment to moment. Where hard/light or hard and soft (how ever you perceive it’s opposite) work as one, alleviating all one way..

Proactive, inactive can still yield results, it just depends where your looking or not looking into the whole stream of your creation.

I am around lots of males who’ve pushed hard to prove and achieve physically. It seems to have been a great catalyst of personal growth, focus and achievements they never imagined they could do or be. I know the pushing hard but was important in someway for their own ignition and place in the world. A few talk of their early years of life struggling to fit in with the mainstream masculine, that didn’t allow for them to be as they knew they were, when young. I see with some they have become wonderful motivators to push through, keep going, don’t give up. “You got this”...

Everything woven from the dreamer into action, into life, is us and life as a whole source. When your the main source, it can mean you do all the work, so the hard parts will be more amplified, the lighter parts less at the forefront, but in time I guess the hard becomes the lighter or softer aspects , then you don’t notice any of them at all..it’s all blended into one creation where your achievements recognise their own results..

The main thing is, nothing will work out without the proactivity, and when that is the case, giving it an honest best effort is as much as you can do. But you can't be half baked and the later say you tried your best.

Occasionally something just happens and it falls in my lap, but rarely, and doing things that are hard take effort. if it's really hard it takes a max effort. If it's too hard, then even a max effort is not enough. Not making an effort is never going to work, so I do not believe the spiritual 'ask and receive' so much as I believe 'God helps those who help themselves' - I would say 'you can't do a decent deadlift unless you train for it'. The iron makes it simple. You can dream of it and you should, but you have to do what it takes to make it happen.

The smaller elements are interesting because I may have an idea, a dream, a vision, but I don't know what's going to actually happen. I have to keep that part of me aware of what's happening moment to moment so I know what is happening now, what I'm doing now, without knowing what's going to happen next and be comfortable in the uncertainty, but then again, this is easy-peasy for the complacent who don't put anything in, but not easy for the one who took it seriously and put a lot into it. That lift is important only because it was trained for, and you only train for it because it's important. See what I mean?
Old 26-07-2019, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The main thing is, nothing will work out without the proactivity, and when that is the case, giving it an honest best effort is as much as you can do. But you can't be half baked and the later say you tried your best.

Occasionally something just happens and it falls in my lap, but rarely, and doing things that are hard take effort. if it's really hard it takes a max effort. If it's too hard, then even a max effort is not enough. Not making an effort is never going to work, so I do not believe the spiritual 'ask and receive' so much as I believe 'God helps those who help themselves' - I would say 'you can't do a decent deadlift unless you train for it'. The iron makes it simple. You can dream of it and you should, but you have to do what it takes to make it happen.

The smaller elements are interesting because I may have an idea, a dream, a vision, but I don't know what's going to actually happen. I have to keep that part of me aware of what's happening moment to moment so I know what is happening now, what I'm doing now, without knowing what's going to happen next and be comfortable in the uncertainty, but then again, this is easy-peasy for the complacent who don't put anything in, but not easy for the one who took it seriously and put a lot into it. That lift is important only because it was trained for, and you only train for it because it's important. See what I mean?

Yes. I’m seeing what you mean.

In your case and life where your focused right now, it’s showing in being actively engaged gets the results. It’s important to the lifestyle your choosing. It’s your choice and it’s requirements are quite rigorous and require dedication, repitition and focus..In this case even if the business doesn’t take off the way you would like, even if in competition you fail to win, there is you as the dream who has gained from all this. Your fit and healthy, you can do things you couldn’t do before and so the process has been your gain, the results may not have reached the mark you anticipated could or wanted to be, but your a winner anyway..

And you know what they say about winners don’t you? ;)

The new age thought about imagining yourself into being, most definitely works for some things in life. It’s been well documented by those who practice it and see results. It could well be people need this process to start to see the link between mind and reality as outlet reflection. So those times life somehow magically intercedes at just the right moment in our need often opens people to not only change their thoughts, but also see that life does support us at times. Those times can and often are a catalyst to transfer from pain and struggle, to seeing how life can be when we change. It’s in those moments the potential begins to rise above its pre conceived ideas about itself and life. We see we can do anything, if we apply ourselves in how we think about those things and how we feel. We shift the pendulum and it’s amazing what the pull in this away can awaken in people. So as I shared where you are, doing what your choosing, it’s not going to happen overnight, but it will happen and yes it’s a choice that requires more than your imagined self. Well where you are now in yourself it does.

I went to a seminar once whereby the speaker talked about studies done on those who imagined themselves as their goal. Strangely there were things mentioned about seeing changes in them, that you where you are and me where I am might see as “not possible” People were showing physical changes in their bodies through the power of thought and imagination. It’s a hard concept for me to fathom, but who knows? The potential of the mind/body in positive light might be something we just haven’t imagined yet?