Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 10-01-2016, 06:21 AM
Master
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
It is truly hit and miss.

I am beginning to think it is not that the MEDIUM is wrong, but that the information they get from the entity on the other side or their spirit guide is wrong.

and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRoyal
A big problem with mediums not getting it right typically is that the information is being filtered by their ego's, quite often distorting, diluting, or misinterpreting the information. Churches tend to seek truth from a superficial finite perspective, while spirituality seek truth from within, from an infinite source.

It reminds me of the 'info trail'...In a battle, the general sent a message to his troops; "send reinforcements, we're going to advance" and after this message gets passed on about a dozen times, it loses a bit in the translation...in the end, the message received was "send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance".

It is very much 'hit and miss' because not all entities are truthful and neither are all mediums.

After being a medium myself for about 8 months and seeing all this 'from the inside'...not being able to contact any specific soul directly, from my dead granny to Elvis, and having the spirits play endless jokes on me (I wonder why they haven't pretended to be my granny or Elvis by now). lol

After experiencing all this, I doubt there is any medium who can be 100% accurate. Why haven't the spirits told them anything about the end-of-life process or where they currently reside and how they communicate? Why leave the human race 'in the dark' like this?

I honestly believe that the information mediums receive is for the medium only! This has been reinforced by those umpteen skeptics who have said to me; 'prove you are a medium/clairaudient'. The simple fact is, I cannot. I cannot summon their 'dead sister' and prove it is their 'dead sister'.

I'm also a mentalist who would put Patrick Jane to shame! I am pretty good at it too...I can do a cold read from a mile away, not to mention what happens if I get just a slight bit of information. I am also very observant and can notice stuff like when a person is lying, when a person has 'hidden trauma' etc

If I wanted to fool people and make money from this, I could do it easily, but:

1. I won't pass on the 'facts' to other people unless I am totally sure of them (and of myself) first, and the spirits haven't said anything worth telling another person, really.

2. The more 'fake mediums' there are out there, the more paranormal investigating won't be taken seriously and I am first and foremost a paranormal investigator...being a medium is only secondary to this and I don't want to add to the growing list of those who fool others and make the investigator's job a lot harder.

Anyway, I am rabbiting on again, but I hope this helps explain it from my position. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Master

I was not born with any abilities but had a huge spiritual'awakening after studying reiki. I really had to work hard on knowing my true self (totally agree with adamkade above). The more I would work on myself, the more the spiritual world would open up to me. This is how it works. I was getting pretty good at recieving messages when healing people. My healing abilities also increased as I opened my heart. My vibrations went up further and started to communicate with my guide word for word like I speak to anyone else. He would give me the wrong information to test me so I would listen to my heart instead of just trusting whatever he told me. I am at the point where I can usually tell when he gives me false information but still I am not always accurate. Some people are just born with the abilities but if they have not worked on themselves and are not true to themselves they cannot get accurate information from spirit. They would need an awakening and increase their vibration/frequency. That is how I understand how it'works. It id through the heart where the real truth lies.
Old 16-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello,
Yes the big thing about spiritual mediums is the fact that they attracted so many charalatans cashing in. These people caused untold damage to a genuine movement. Its just so hard to find a genuine medium anymore but there are some great ones out there.
Old 19-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Master
Adding my two cents from a similar thread on a different forum.

There aren't that many charlatans out there. The problem is in the quality of the work the medium does--if you want to be a clear channel, you have to be completely free of Ego, or at least dang well close to it in order to channel a message though without distortion.

I wish more people would realize that, rather than assuming that these people are charlatans--most I believe are generally trying their best.
Old 19-02-2016, 10:21 AM
Pathfinder
I thought in channeling it's the spirit talking through the person? That's what I experienced. I don't see how the person can mess it up. Is it just the information or communication is going on between the channeler and the spirit and the guy/gal is interpretating?
Old 19-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmallpanda
I thought in channeling it's the spirit talking through the person? That's what I experienced. I don't see how the person can mess it up. Is it just the information or communication is going on between the channeler and the spirit and the guy/gal is interpretating?

Depends on the type--most people are familiar with trance channelers and that is the type I'm referring to. If the channeler has Ego issues, it will distort the message to the person who is hearing the spirit speaking through the channel.

As for conscious channeling or automatic writing I cannot say--I would suspect the same rules apply though, esp for conscious channelers.
Old 24-02-2016, 05:47 AM
Guide
Not for me no. My ego doesn't interfere. Consciousness is very direct. YOu see the thoughts and consciosuness of the being you are channeling clearly. Its as if you become them, almost. And so there is never a problem interpreting them, you nearly can become them. At least that is what I have done.
Old 24-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 Useful information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity69
Most of the messages received at my local Spiritualist Church were wrong

This was within a period of 6 months

Only one medium stood out giving messages to everybody in 5 minute segments

She told me something that only me, my dad and my stepmother knew

Anyone had the same experience?
IMO, the whole point of any reading is to walk away satisfied that you received some kind of useful information or had a loving, friendly connection with a departed loved one or pet, etc.
Going there expecting or wanting correct and/or perfect responses and information or to prove the Reader was WRONG may set you up for a huge disappointment if and when the Reader fails to satisfy your need for some kind of "proof" or accuracy.
My late, psychic wife may or may not have been "accurate" but she was always able to give Sitters something of value EXCEPT the few, hostile, confrontive and cynical Guest who were there to win a fight or "expose" her. With those, she just said, "thank you for coming" but did not charge them a penny for her time. She often spoke of those who want to know and get something and those who DON'T. She had nothing to offer the Cynics and Challengers! IMO, the Sitter pretty much impacts the reading with their attitudes and their needs way more than either the Reader of visiting spirit entities can so, the Sitter walks away with whatever they came for or needed. Some leave very happy and some leave very disappointed. Oh well.........

Old 24-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Sincere and open

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Hi,
It may take 7 visits before you get a message yourself.
IMO and experience, if one is open and sincere a "message" (whatever that means) can be had in 7 seconds or less. It all depends on the needs and openness of the Seeker but most of them are AFRAID which will spoil the reading!
Old 24-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Right and wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immie07
Yes I've witnessed this a lot. I always remind myself that if the message doesn't make sense, either the medium is wrong or the recipient is failing to place the information correctly. Spirit are never wrong.
IMO, it's usually a failing or fault in the Seeker but being right or wrong is not the point!