Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 18-04-2019, 08:38 PM
janielee

Attenborough on the World's Survival - Environmental Action

Sir David Attenborough has issued his strongest statement yet on the threat posed to the world by climate change.

In the BBC programme Climate Change - The Facts, the veteran broadcaster outlines the scale of the crisis facing the planet.

Sir David says we face "irreversible damage to the natural world and the collapse of our societies".

But there is still hope, he says, if dramatic action to limit the effects is taken over the next decade.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47976184
Old 18-04-2019, 10:52 PM
Pathfinder
Has anyone ever thought about the best way of healing nature is to
a) stop polluting, and
b) let nature heal herself?
After all, I've messed with many healing wounds and zits trying to tidy up the appearance of them, only to make the situation worse and take even longer to fix itself :P

On another note, how come there's no initiative taken to fund the picking up of trash? Here in the city there is basically no economic incentive to clean things up. What about the turning of things like cups into biodegradable materials? Is plastic really that cheap and easy? What about a worldwide recognition that the entire global economy is based on oil, a non-renewable resource, with cars and the petrodollar, and all of the things we make with oil? (innovativewealth.com/inflation-monitor/what-products-made-from-petroleum-outside-of-gasoline/)
Old 19-04-2019, 03:08 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dather12
Has anyone ever thought about the best way of healing nature is to
a) stop polluting, and
b) let nature heal herself?
After all, I've messed with many healing wounds and zits trying to tidy up the appearance of them, only to make the situation worse and take even longer to fix itself :P

On another note, how come there's no initiative taken to fund the picking up of trash? Here in the city there is basically no economic incentive to clean things up. What about the turning of things like cups into biodegradable materials? Is plastic really that cheap and easy? What about a worldwide recognition that the entire global economy is based on oil, a non-renewable resource, with cars and the petrodollar, and all of the things we make with oil? (innovativewealth.com/inflation-monitor/what-products-made-from-petroleum-outside-of-gasoline/)

I also thought last night of the concept of "planned obsolescence" - I mean besides more profit, what an awful thing to do.

We already have TOO much rubbish, and keep polluting for what?

What about Zara and other fashion houses, where clothes are designed to last for a year and people keep buying more and more.

I'm also guilty of consumerism, I wish we could all wake up together and I really think we need governments to do the big jobs, but then they are bought by the corporate and money elites.

Maybe there will be some way out of this, I don't know.