Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 11-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr1stian
Augadelume, I have a slightly different view of lucid dreams. On the issue of control, I think we all control our dreams to a certain extent in order for us to understand what we are perceiving. I have gained greater control as time has gone on. When I was younger, I had some traumatic dreams (demons and the like) and my dream self developed various forms of control in order to deal with these things. On the issue of what a lucid dream actually is, I have realised I am dreaming in my dreams a number of times, but I have also had other lucid dreams where I have seen and perceived things extremely clearly, even more clearly or lucidly than I perceive reality when I am not dreaming. I recognise these as true lucid dreams, more than the ones where I realise I am dreaming.

Those would be "vivid" dreams

Old 12-02-2015, 02:52 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
Those would be "vivid" dreams

You are correct. The accepted definition of vivid and lucid dreams is as you say. Thanks for the clarification Rawnrr. I'd never researched and known the difference before. Cheers.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:35 AM
Master
It would seem that lucid dreams are mental projections into the larger system of nonphysical reality which is connected with the physical dimension like a gradient, a full spectrum of energetic systems of different frequencies.

Lucid dreams are actually very similar to astral projections, the main difference being the reference point of one's consciousness- LD consciousness being from the vantage point of the mental body, and AP consciousness being from the vantage point of the astral body. These different energy bodies are likewise connected to one another in a gradient, the mental body being of a higher frequency than the astral body (although these two classes of bodies exist in a gradient of vibrational rates as well, ie lower astral body, higher astral body, etc), with the physical body being the base of the gradient.

Many experiences, whether classified as a LD/OBE/AP, actually contain a combination of aspects of these different bodies and dimensional levels, and it common for an AP experience to shift to a LD experience and visa versa, so classifying them is not always an easy task, although I don't believe it is all that important to do so. What is important is what one does with the experience. You can use these abilities to goof around and fulfill the ego's sensual desires, or you can use them for personal growth and the attainment of spiritual knowledge and insight.
Old 18-02-2015, 10:31 PM
TesseLated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
It would seem that lucid dreams are mental projections into the larger system of nonphysical reality which is connected with the physical dimension like a gradient, a full spectrum of energetic systems of different frequencies.

Lucid dreams are actually very similar to astral projections, the main difference being the reference point of one's consciousness- LD consciousness being from the vantage point of the mental body, and AP consciousness being from the vantage point of the astral body. These different energy bodies are likewise connected to one another in a gradient, the mental body being of a higher frequency than the astral body (although these two classes of bodies exist in a gradient of vibrational rates as well, ie lower astral body, higher astral body, etc), with the physical body being the base of the gradient.

Many experiences, whether classified as a LD/OBE/AP, actually contain a combination of aspects of these different bodies and dimensional levels, and it common for an AP experience to shift to a LD experience and visa versa, so classifying them is not always an easy task, although I don't believe it is all that important to do so. What is important is what one does with the experience. You can use these abilities to goof around and fulfill the ego's sensual desires, or you can use them for personal growth and the attainment of spiritual knowledge and insight.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.
Old 28-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augadelume
I am new on my path and I have so many things about Lucid Dreaming but I have not been able to understand exactly what it is. Now I have been told and read that it is a dream in which you are aware you are dreaming but I have also been told that it is where you know you are dreaming and control the dream. I do not know which it is and am trying to understand. The reason I am wanting to understand this so bad is because I have always even since I was a young child known that I was dreaming in my dreams and every now and then I could control my dreams but now I am unable to control them no matter what I try but I do always know I am dreaming and can remember my dreams no problems.

Take a road trip for 3 hours then get out of the car and stretch your legs and walk a bit. Note the feeling. That feeling of familiarity with the act, from a moment nearly all but forgotten. Still there is no trying to walk, only the act of walking.

Stop trying, do it.
Old 26-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Master
its lk 1 dream wen u r dreamin or dreams it feals so real lk luced 1s its lk u can smell thngs u can
dnt no if im makin sesen sense i dnt

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 27-11-2017, 01:09 AM
Master

There is a quarterly Lucid Dream Magazine, driven by Robert Waggoner, a well known author in this field.