Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 28-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Admirably put in my opinion.

Aldous Huxley gave his book 'Heaven and Hell' a sub-title, 'The Doors of Perception' and indicated thus, with this sub-title, our slight and rare excursions into the full scope of reality.
For those of us who have peeped through the slightly opened doors of perception or have seen the curtain quickly lift and drop there is no doubt that the instrument we call brain would tremble in fright at the prospect of facing that immense vista. Fortunately (if that is the right word) we have a collective unconsciousness which supports our endeavours by not leaving us high and dry.

There is nothing supernatural about this hidden reality, it's simply the place where everything belongs, each of us and every leaf is embedded in its Oneness.

It's tremendous.

Thank you! :) I was hoping it wasn't TOO graphic, but I find that viscerally unpleasant scenarios make great attention-grabbers for sometimes difficult-to-grasp concepts. Such as the nature of truth.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 31-05-2019, 04:55 AM
Pathfinder
I think this question is to a degree easier to answer as it looks. It seems to be a tricky question but otherwise are the questions about objective and subjective reality easier to explain as people make it. For example, if you have no money or a lot of money in your bank this is objective truth. If you are hit by a car, this is objective truth, It does not matter what your belief is, there is an objective fact and truth that you was hited by a car. So to claim there gives no objective truth is false. To claim or to position yourself to say: only subjective truth exist it's called: solipsism, almost all appreciated philosophers have rejected this position or philosophy of Solipsism through millennia. I have simplified it with my answer but yes, so easy is to show wrong claims in solipsism. With the question about objective and subjective reality and truth have deal almost all thinkers, philosophers,...I would recommend to check out David Makinster, a philosophy professor which explains objective and subjective reality and truths in one of his classes, how the old Greek philosophers answered this question, Plato..you can check it out here:
youtube.com/watch?v=RWVbPzPtgms
Old 02-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I used to believe in an objective truth. A truth which would be true regardless of peoples beliefs, opinions, perceptions etc. It has occurred to me that not many people here see it the same way.

There are many people here who seem to see it that truth depends upon how *they* see it. In the sense that what is true to them is the truth. This makes truth subjective. There can be no consensus as to what truth is because it depends upon each individual person!

I'm not sure! Is truth dependent upon HOW I see it? Is there no objective truth?

The Truth is about the timeless, and Spirit.

God is Truth.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Angel1

Busby and Aldous...you 2 are the best...embedded in your Oneness.

When one experiences Truth they know it...what difference is it if others
think differently.
You know what you know...cuz you exp'd it ...you were shown it.
And it is Universally true...
that's why Unseeking Seeker called it Absolute....It is the Truth
on every plane of existence....forever.
Someone says, 'No, it isn't', what does that matter?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I used to believe in an objective truth. A truth which would be true regardless of peoples beliefs, opinions, perceptions etc. It has occurred to me that not many people here see it the same way.

There are many people here who seem to see it that truth depends upon how *they* see it. In the sense that what is true to them is the truth. This makes truth subjective. There can be no consensus as to what truth is because it depends upon each individual person!

I'm not sure! Is truth dependent upon HOW I see it? Is there no objective truth?
You are making the mistake of "believing" in an objective truth, as it would forever exist irrespective of your belief in it (or not)....yours and others beliefs ABOUT your beliefs.

It is funny how that all works.

We are also limited to the scope of the English language (or any language for that matter) with all these discussions.

The proof of the "absolute truth" ...wait for it...

Everything you see, you perceive, IS true...but ONLY TO YOU!!!
Everything others perceive is ALSO true...but ONLY TO THEM!!

There may be some instances where the two may overlap, but many, MANY cases where it just does not.

We can see the general "communication disconnect" between everybody else and everybody around them too who say "my reality is the ONLY reality"!

This is how we know that the whole scenario is MAYA - it is an ILLUSION and whatever the "absolute truth" IS, it certainly ain't this...neti neti.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:11 PM
Master
Shivani you have essentially described solipsism. Which I was desperately trying to avoid. However it could turn out that solipsism is really the only truth. One day I will see for myself.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.