Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 20-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I had another experience of patience today. I take myself to Macdonalds café for a coffee every so often and just of late it come to my awareness that the young girls are unaware of their handling of peoples cups when serving their coffee.

Your post reminded me of how my local supermarkets have those anti-bacterial wipes available next to the shopping carts and without fail, I see one person after the next grabbing the wipes and wiping off their hands and the carts handles.

Seems fine until you find out that the chemical in the wipes, triclosan, causes an abnormal endocrine system, thyroid hormone singling, is linked to eczema and asthma, abnormal cell growth, and reproductive toxicity. It is also now detectable in 75% of human breast milk, and blood and urine samples tested. It has also been found in 58% of US waterways. The FDA is currently investigating it for a nationwide ban.

I actually read up on the dangers of it years and years ago before it became a fad at supermarkets. So yea, people are not very informed about hygiene etc. Reminds me also of the bread chemical that was banned in Europe like 15 years ago and the USA got around to banning it this year.
Old 20-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Your post reminded me of how my local supermarkets have those anti-bacterial wipes available next to the shopping carts and without fail, I see one person after the next grabbing the wipes and wiping off their hands and the carts handles.

Seems fine until you find out that the chemical in the wipes, triclosan, causes an abnormal endocrine system, thyroid hormone singling, is linked to eczema and asthma, abnormal cell growth, and reproductive toxicity. It is also now detectable in 75% of human breast milk, and blood and urine samples tested. It has also been found in 58% of US waterways. The FDA is currently investigating it for a nationwide ban.

I actually read up on the dangers of it years and years ago before it became a fad at supermarkets. So yea, people are not very informed about hygiene etc. Reminds me also of the bread chemical that was banned in Europe like 15 years ago and the USA got around to banning it this year.

The after affects when we "bandaid" something when not looked at more precisely to see the ripple moving more complete of it's own creation, often show this kind of stuff in the world in lots of ways. The price of chemical warfare, going on in every way of chemicals. The price of creation incomplete of itself. It is life in everyway life is creating. Humans create things and humans pay the price of it's creation.

@Self=Personal responsibility for our own creation considers more than itself or the thing itself. If one is creating more open and aware of more than itself alone, it considers others and creations as one in the same light. So it is aware of it's own ripple affects more consciously.
Being a part of the world, we either flow with the world's ideas of what is "right " and "wrong" for us or I guess we can listen to ourselves more directly to know. Some humans take things as gospel, some do their own research and are informed with more choices.

I prefer to be informed and when I have a choice I usually listen to myself.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 22-11-2016, 04:03 AM
Master
Patience.

Being aware of others in their own process, I am coming to a place of silent awareness of their movements and experiences. My own process in all that is speaking to me silently aware of something moving, but with "no need" to instill/project/determine the awareness and movement that is showing me my own witness observer self in all that.

In the meditation shared space, I was open and very aware of myself and others in the shared space. In the deeper listening my discernment opened naturally to know to be still and present, without need to entertain, participate even as I was involved on some level with the process in the shared space. My visual awareness was showing me from within, to notice, be aware of, but not bring this into the physical state of being involved. Just allowing the silent awareness of another to just be and open and let go..

For me this opened up both the simplicity of being, awareness of others in patience of their process as they require for them and staying present in my own awareness and being space.

So often we when involved in some way of others, we can easily become entangled through the notion of needing to do, needing to participate, yet in the deeper awareness, the silent open state of knowing, feeling and being, one naturally listens deeper to discernment and allowing when and how one moves through that shared space.

In this instance it was about non doing. Aware of the space in myself not needing to do anything in this situation, but to just be aware of what was moving around me with regards to another and be present with that.

For myself in reflection of all this, I am aware of simplicity of being, patience with others process and compassion because I understand looking in to their process because I have been there too. I have compassion for this process in myself for myself which extends itself naturally in awareness of being that when around others in their own process.

In discernment and deeper listening in myself I am able to determine my actions in the shared space naturally, without effort or need in me, but awareness of more than myself..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 22-11-2016, 04:39 AM
Master
For me, simplicity means trying to be satisfied with less - to work towards that day when I shall be satisfied with nothing.

Downsizing externally is like downsizing internally - giving clothes I haven't worn since buying them to charity - only keeping about 7 changes, to cut down on laundry and cupboard space. The less you have, the less time is spent keeping it in order at the expense of doing other things.

Patience just means to wait longer than you had anticipated to wait for something, but set your limits - you can be very patient waiting forever for something that wasn't meant to happen in the first place when there are better things to do with your time...like making something happen instead of just letting it.

Compassion means to remember there are others in the same boat and as much as you have been led to believe you are unique, you're not really. Life is full of circumstances where you'll run into both comiserators and outright deniers of their suffering..."I am not suffering" they say...and act way differently to how they speak.
Old 22-11-2016, 04:55 AM
Master
“A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us.” ― Henri J.M. Nouwen

Old 22-11-2016, 06:51 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
for me, simplicity means trying to be satisfied with less - to work towards that day when I shall be satisfied with nothing.

Downsizing externally is like downsizing internally -

Nice quotes... :)
Old 22-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Master
" He who knows he has enough is rich "
My friend who is a Buddhist Nun has two sets of clothes, one to wear and one to wash... simplicity
The more material possessions we own the more our lives become complicated, the middle path works well for me
Old 22-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Suspended
The moment of waiting

The wise bide one's time, time and tide wait for no man. In situation don't to let the golden opportunity slip through your fingers. But every business can wait until after dinner. While waiting for the turning of the tide, the time with the congenital tastes and interests. Unexpectedly a storm broke out over the calm sea---- an undesirable event occurred.....be patient....... deal.