Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-12-2010, 11:52 PM
eptah

requesting comments/ advise in the practice.

Hey

I would really appreciate some personal dialogue on this.

I practice yoga and meditation.
Up until 2 years ago.. I was simply following the motions of the exercises and techniques.. I could see a lot of character and personality change for the better but
Not a real, beyond any doubt experience.

Two years ago during meditation, I Felt the body inside flow like transparent light or smoke.. kind of lucidity in the body.
I would get these amazing feelings and experiences ( still not concrete or real like.. more on the subtle level.

Then a friend talked to me about astral traveling.
Fellow traveller.
it sounded interesting but I was not too drawn to it.

In the last year the meditations have become better in terms of increase in the subtle body. I can feel the subtle body inside my own body.
But not good clarity. BUT I WAS NOT ABLE TO GO BEYOND IT>
I am however opening my physical body more and more.
but what I mean is I am not able to drive it deeper.

then I joined this site, for some inspiration on how to drive my practice.
I saw the astral travel section... calling me.

I read some links.
I tried. but I feel like my mind is starting to imagine, my astral body coming out. I end up loosing the concentration ( which is normally on the sensations inside the body)
but I still feel like I cannot get beyond the sensations ( all amazing, up to a point) within the the still body.
If I try to get the astral or subtle body out.. I am just imaging it.
Like it switches from subtle awareness of senses to imagination.

During meditation.. sometimes, I see like a small square drop in the screen, in front of me.
Always on the bottom left corner.
It appears for a sudden second and disappears, when I pursue it.
This inch of a square appears very sharp and clear.
like ahhh something is going to happen.
I know
I should not expect anything
I know the body and mind needs to be chilled
and relaxed. not like a greedy dog.

any ideas , help comments.
no pills .. I don't want to go that route.. not yet atleast. lol
smokey.. yes , but I keep it at bare minimum. just small tokes.. once a day only.
I wonder if that is hampering it? the astral travel. hmm?

thank you all
be well.. good wishes on your travels in planet earth.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Master

Next time you see a square, do not pursue it. Just notice it is there and that is all. Make sure your mind stays relaxed otherwise the process will end. Talking to yourself will also end the process. When I used to see things during meditation, provided I did it correctly, my innerself would rise and I would be in my room or transported somewhere else.
One other thing, do not expect anything to happen, otherwise it probably will not happen.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Master
eptah... The best resource I know to help with the issues you are describing is a book by William Buhlman called "Adventures Beyond the Body".

You can get it in paperback, or free pdf form at: http://api.ning.com/files/nTSdV*CY*ywIHIm4D8CbwwHEN7RF9bXkD6C3pIfU-eo_/Adventures_Beyond_the_Body.pdf

Xan

Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Master
dont discount your imagination, imagination is a great and creative tool, it can be used for what you are trying to do, and it can be a greater help than you seem willing to give it credit for...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 AM
eptah

from the replies and going through the site
I guess I have to chill out
continue imagining
and continue being relaxed and not anticipating
ok
lets see
THankyou all
very berry much
Old 03-01-2011, 09:47 PM