Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-07-2014, 12:23 PM
bluewhale

How do I help my mom and son find peace?

My step father recently passed. Most people who knew him called him "the saint". He is the kindest, gentlest soul I have ever met. I don't know how far I would be in my recovery had I not had the opportunity to know him. His passing was sudden and unexpected even for him. The whole situation was very stressful and sad. The first three days I kept hearing this sound of bells tinkling every time I would go into a screaming grief fit. Then I started hearing and feeling him. From what I understand his physical job was done, but now his job is to lead and encourage me during the next leg of my journey. So, even though I miss his physical presence, his hugs and his smell and all those comforts, I am not able to grieve like the rest of the family, because he's still here.
He's not able to communicate with my mom and son. I don't really understand why, but it has something to do with rules. Both my mom and son are dealing with a lot of guilt and anguish, and they're kind of mad at me and my dad because I can hear him but they can't. How do I help them see that the guilt they hold onto is unnecessary? How do I convince them that he still loves them and looks out for them, but he's busy working on his next assignment and isn't allowed to directly communicate with them at this time? How do I help them understand that my feeling him doesn't make me more special or important to him than they are? And the question that eats away at my own head, is this all just my imagination?
Old 07-07-2014, 01:44 PM
VisionQuest

Your mom , her son , need to find Peace on their own; that is their task!

You can encourage Peace but little more, the choice belongs to each.

Your Step Fathers presence will grow less and less.

Because you sense him, you are in part aware "Death is an Illusion" , it is just a change in Energy, Consciousness cannot die.

Many books are written by those who passed over and returned , perhaps it would aid you to study them. One example "Into the Light" , can't recall the authors name ....... Damion??? something.

Is it just your imagination??

Well, Yes, No, both are True. All is Imagination , the Universe is the Divine Imagination! You are INTER-ACTIVE within that Imagination. You can hear in a more expanded sense than the rest of your family. Explore this, but be silent around those who CANNOT understand, for their sake as well as your own. "SuperMind by Vernon Howard is a good place to start.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale
My step father recently passed. Most people who knew him called him "the saint". He is the kindest, gentlest soul I have ever met. I don't know how far I would be in my recovery had I not had the opportunity to know him. His passing was sudden and unexpected even for him. The whole situation was very stressful and sad. The first three days I kept hearing this sound of bells tinkling every time I would go into a screaming grief fit. Then I started hearing and feeling him. From what I understand his physical job was done, but now his job is to lead and encourage me during the next leg of my journey. So, even though I miss his physical presence, his hugs and his smell and all those comforts, I am not able to grieve like the rest of the family, because he's still here.
He's not able to communicate with my mom and son. I don't really understand why, but it has something to do with rules. Both my mom and son are dealing with a lot of guilt and anguish, and they're kind of mad at me and my dad because I can hear him but they can't. How do I help them see that the guilt they hold onto is unnecessary? How do I convince them that he still loves them and looks out for them, but he's busy working on his next assignment and isn't allowed to directly communicate with them at this time? How do I help them understand that my feeling him doesn't make me more special or important to him than they are? And the question that eats away at my own head, is this all just my imagination?
Dear Blue Whale: may I offer my heartfelt sympathy for the passing of your stepfather. It sounds like the two of you shared a special bond indeed.

Honey, sometimes grieving a loss of a loved one brings out weird "negative" emotions - and I put this in quotes because so many of us are very uncomfortable with guilt, anger, depression, etc. - the painful part of letting go of a relationship we knew in the physical realm. And emotions can lead us to acting in resentful ways without really meaning to - grief can put us off balance and react to the pain in a less loving mental state.

I can't offer any explanation other than to encourage you to keep honouring your own wisdom. We can't always explain why some people in this world are more sensitive to communication with spirits, or why some relationships allow for a stronger spiritual communication than others.

An Uncle and Elder I love deeply crossed over back in May. I hear his voice and feel his presence, yet we had no "blood" bond - but definitely a soul bond. His granddaughter is sometimes a little resentful or jealous, I think, of my ability to communicate with him when she can't or is unable to yet. I tell her that maybe he has specific guidance to give me to work on this lifetime, also that I am naturally sensitive to spiritual energies.

Don't get me wrong - I think we all are sensitive - just some of us have done more work developing our sensitivity abilities, which I have simply through a devoted spiritual practice and a loving attitude of openness, trust, and belief.

Maybe if your mom and son are open to the idea, you can help guide them toward ways to develop their own sensitivity so they too can connect with your stepfather. But if they are not open to it, it is their choice and should have nothing to do with your connection to your stepfather. Pray for them to receive comfort and healing and continue on connecting with your stepfather - guilt free - because it is obviously meant to be that way (otherwise it would not be that way.)

Take good care of yourself, and again, honour your inner knowing.