Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 01-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Master
Here is something I watched the other day out of interest;

Kashmir Shaivism and the Quantum Holographic Principle by Maria Syldona:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXO7oKtNWA

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 01-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Knower
Thanks for that. Quite interesting. Parallels with physics and Kashmir Shaivism.
How the universal consciousness have taken the form of the universe..and how our real nature is That universal Consciousness called Shiva/Shakti at the highest Tattvas (principle).

This Ram Dass quote did turn up in my facebook flow yesterday:

""What I used to do is wait in line and I’d do mantra or breathing. I’d go into my vipassana meditation. But now I’m interested in whether waiting in line at the bank can itself be the thing. I notice my impatience, notice the feeling in my feet as I am standing there, notice the different levels of reality of the people I’m looking at. Am I seeing a bank teller or am I seeing the Divine Mother as a bank teller? I allow myself to play with the moment more, still dealing with the stuff of the moment rather than going away." - Ram Dass

I thought it was quite sweet quote. And also a kind of Tantric teaching, of seeing the sacred in the mundane. Not fleeing off into space using "spiritual devices" like mantra and such.
This is very familiar with me. Using mantra as a crutch when things get nasty here. Not something wrong of course to do. But maybe more skillful is to explore the energies and seeing it as divine. As it's the truth. Divine Mother playing as Bankteller in this quote. The Shakti playing her divine Sport. The tantra teaching that nothing is not sacred.

Sally Kempton says this verse of Spanda karikas is being wiewed as key verse for tantric practice.

Quote:
Text of the 5th Verse

Iti va yasya saipvittih kridatvenakhilani jagat/
Sa pasyan satatam yukto jivanmukto na sanisayah//5

TRANSLATION
Or he, who has this realization (viz. identity of his Self with
the whole universe), being constantly united with the Divine,
views the entire world as the play (of the Self identical with
Siva), and is liberated while alive. There is no doubt about
this.

This means that in meditation seeing all witnessed manifestations as thoughts, feelings, body sensations or other things as manifestations of Shakti rising and subsiding within Consciousness. Which are One's own real identity btw.

As well as like Ram Dass being able to do more and more seeing his bank teller as well as his boredom, impatience et.c. as a manifestation of Divine Mother (shakti) playing.....
Old 01-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*

This means that in meditation seeing all witnessed manifestations as thoughts, feelings, body sensations or other things as manifestations of Shakti rising and subsiding within Consciousness. Which are One's own real identity btw.

As well as like Ram Dass being able to do more and more seeing his bank teller as well as his boredom, impatience et.c. as a manifestation of Divine Mother (shakti) playing.....

Why do you believe that is what it means in meditation? Isn't the path more about the realization in daily life more so than in meditation?

Also do you believe the Witness is the end state? To me it is just the first stage or realizing silence in daily life.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Why do you believe that is what it means in meditation? Isn't the path more about the realization in daily life more so than in meditation

Both are important imo.

Quote:
Also do you believe the Witness is the end state? To me it is just the first stage or realizing silence in daily life.

I don't believe that is the endpoint.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:20 AM
Master
Namaste.

I often browse Hindu Dharma Forums and there's a member on there called Yajvan, who I read with great "lapping-upness":

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...mp-destruction
http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...578#post128578

This may help others too.

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
because you are identical with śiva

*notices the spandanirṇaya does not say "because you ARE śiva" it says "because you are identical with śiva" and therein lies the whole difference imho.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Knower
Nice..

I have read that fellow Yayvan too before.

He is initiate on kashmir Shaivism path with a Guru I believe..

Very knowledgeable guy..
Old 03-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

I often browse Hindu Dharma Forums and there's a member on there called Yajvan, who I read with great "lapping-upness":

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...mp-destruction
http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...578#post128578

This may help others too.

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
because you are identical with śiva

*notices the spandanirṇaya does not say "because you ARE śiva" it says "because you are identical with śiva" and therein lies the whole difference imho.

Yes, One like Siva.

Much different that just one being and the goal being to return to that.