Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 18-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
No, I can't.
ah man,im sorry :(

how do you remember what something looks like?
if you dont mind me asking
Old 18-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
ah man,im sorry :(

how do you remember what something looks like?
if you dont mind me asking

It's a good question that I don't think I can answer.

My husband, for instance, says that when he sees someone he recognizes but isn't sure who they are, he can access a sort of filing system with his minds' eye, of faces cross-referenced with the places he knows them from. That's just astounding to me.

For me, if I have not spent a significant amount of time with a person, and I see them somewhere outside of the usual place I see them, I will not even recognize that I know them. It's very awkward, often, because they will recognize me and approach me and I'm at a complete loss about who they are: they are virtually strangers to me unless they make some sort of verbal connection for me about who they are and how I know them.

But, I can't tell you how I recognize people I am more familiar with, either. I guess it's done so subconsciously that I'm not aware enough of the process to be able to describe it. The best I can guess is that my mind automatically takes images and puts them into words for me. So, like a face: they have this kind of hair, that color/shape of eyes, their nose looks like thus and such, their voice sounds like this, etc. It does throw me off when someone alters, for instance, their hair color or cut. But if I'm familiar enough with them, I can still make other connections.
Old 18-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
It's a good question that I don't think I can answer.

My husband, for instance, says that when he sees someone he recognizes but isn't sure who they are, he can access a sort of filing system with his minds' eye, of faces cross-referenced with the places he knows them from. That's just astounding to me.

For me, if I have not spent a significant amount of time with a person, and I see them somewhere outside of the usual place I see them, I will not even recognize that I know them. It's very awkward, often, because they will recognize me and approach me and I'm at a complete loss about who they are: they are virtually strangers to me unless they make some sort of verbal connection for me about who they are and how I know them.

But, I can't tell you how I recognize people I am more familiar with, either. I guess it's done so subconsciously that I'm not aware enough of the process to be able to describe it. The best I can guess is that my mind automatically takes images and puts them into words for me. So, like a face: they have this kind of hair, that color/shape of eyes, their nose looks like thus and such, their voice sounds like this, etc. It does throw me off when someone alters, for instance, their hair color or cut. But if I'm familiar enough with them, I can still make other connections.
this blows my mind,i cant even begin to imagine what it must be like,i would probly not beable to reconize anyone at all :(
i find it so hard to remember details about someone in words.
Old 18-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
this blows my mind,i cant even begin to imagine what it must be like,i would probly not beable to reconize anyone at all :(
i find it so hard to remember details about someone in words.

Well, if words is mostly what your mind has always been able to utilize for memory, you'd probably have adapted. I also have emotional memory... how a person or situation made me feel. So, when I'm trying to do "guided imagery", I rely on words and emotions, too.
Old 18-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Well, if words is mostly what your mind has always been able to utilize for memory, you'd probably have adapted. I also have emotional memory... how a person or situation made me feel. So, when I'm trying to do "guided imagery", I rely on words and emotions, too.

ahh i see,i am going to try to read a book without using visuals,see how it works out XD
Old 18-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
ahh i see,i am going to try to read a book without using visuals,see how it works out XD

Good luck. My husband indicates to me that images come to him naturally and automatically. I don't know if he can turn it off. It'll be interesting to see if you can.
Old 18-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Good luck. My husband indicates to me that images come to him naturally and automatically. I don't know if he can turn it off. It'll be interesting to see if you can.
i just tried,its really hard to read a book and only understand it through words and concepts,i will contue to practice,i think i can do it tho,i will post my resaults,you are right,i dont think visuals ios something u can just turn off lol
Old 26-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Knower
Since childhood I developed a technique to lucid dream where if I woke up with an unfinished dream, or I didn't like the ending, I'd put myself back in the scenario after awakening. When I fell asleep again, I'd be there, except aware of it. It was like a fluid transition between waking daydream to full on lucid dream. This helped me achieve other random lucid dreams, eventually.. or at least partial ones where I was aware I was dreaming on some level, but didn't really care or try to control it.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Pathfinder

Man, I think I'm gonna try this technique and see if I can get inside a lucid dream!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:32 AM
Pathfinder

Is it possible for 2 people to share the same dream? I know you can an astral projection. Probably not. Idk. Just a question lol!