Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
Docha,

Is your name ZipZip? I'm just of the same thinking

zipzip

Lol could be!
Old 27-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
Lol could be!

we are all connected.

zipzip
Old 27-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Master
[quote=nightowl]Hey zipzip, I'm in that stew...heheee

I believe you are!

zipzip
Old 27-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
My neighbors are red-neck, hillbilly, farmers and hunters. If I mentioned "consciousness" to them, they would think it was a brand of manure. If I mentioned "The power of now" they would show off their favorite shot gun.
If I mentioned "enlightenment" they would find a flashlight that I could "burrow".
If I mentioned "spirituality" they would hand me "the good book", the one God wrote for us sinners.

Spiritual forums is a refreshing place!
My internet friends have something to do with awareness.

Lol city slickers not much different...just hand you an iphone instead of a flashlight. (You know there is a flashlight app for them? Lol yes your phone becomes a flashlight...geeze!)
Old 27-08-2011, 07:00 PM
nightowl

[quote=zipzip]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Hey zipzip, I'm in that stew...heheee

I believe you are!

zipzip

Heeehhe zipzip I am just a spiritually aware hick, so maybe it is a little bit of rabbit stew thrown in... Country girl all the way...
Old 27-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Master
[quote=nightowl]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip

Heeehhe zipzip I am just a spiritually aware hick, so maybe it is a little bit of rabbit stew thrown in... Country girl all the way...

I like to consider myself a Country girl as well.

zipzip
Old 27-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Docha

Lol! I'm both!

Parents divorced when I was five my dad was a country boy (the farm is still in the family) mom was a city girl.

I lean more towards my country roots but the city has its good points!

....I'm just well rounded!
Old 27-08-2011, 09:13 PM
moke64916

There's plenty of people you can connect with in your own backyard. There's plenty of fish in the sea.
Old 27-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
There's plenty of people you can connect with in your own backyard. There's plenty of fish in the sea.

Lol moke, I know, but typically with judgements attached...

I'm not saying I absolutely can't connect with anyone close to home. Just generally I don't find the 'me too' type friendships...

Ie: I say I love dancing the rain! My aquaintance gives me a funny look and says, I hate being wet, its cold and you can get sick!

Now that's fine, but dancingalone in the rain isn't as much fun without a partner in crime...

I found one person in my neck of the woods that finds it as much fun as me...

Yet, I bet most here would love it just as much...

See what I mean?
Old 28-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Experiencer
Just imagine what this would be like before the internet! How would you connect with "anyone" outside of the local community? Newspaper articles/ads/penpals/snailmail/conference calling?

I'm just grateful for the ease of communication now that we have a medium that lets us connect with anyone anywhere at damn near the speed of light.

The other part of this is that I think a large majority of the population is still wrapped up into materialistic self image and comparison/competition. So it could certainly be challenging to meet others with more spiritual viewpoints. But go to spiritual forums. com and you are pretty well guaranteed to meet others with similar views as yours.

Love and Light