Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 08-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

So many Divinations... so little time

So many interesting divinations, so few hours in a day !

What is your favorite form of divination ?

Was it the first divination you tried or perhaps one of many ?
What do you like about it that makes it your favorite ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 08-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Here's a list - borrowed from nightowl's thread, thank you !

Divination Methods
Written by Bridgett G

Aeromancy- Divination through the interpretation of clouds, the paths of comets, the currents of wind, or other aerial occurrences.

Apantomancy- Observation of omens based on meetings with animals.

Astragalomancy-The throwing of like objects in similar size and interpretation of the future based on their landing.

Astrology- Character analysis and prediction of destiny based on the positions of planetary alignment at birth.

Augury- Divination through the flight, pecking, or call of birds.

Bibliomancy- Searching for insight, prescience, and wisdom by opening a random page to a religious or spiritual book, reading the first passage, and determining its relevance to the current issue and its deeper meaning.

Botanomancy- Burning Vervain and Brier braches in order to divine the future, past, and present.

Capnomancy- Interpreting the smoke rising from a fire after jasmine and poppy seeds has been added.

Cartomancy- The use of tarot cards to read the future, past, and present.

Ceraunoscopy- The use of the winds to determine the answer to a question. (Take a bowl with answers written on small pieces of paper placed faced down within it and let the wind turn over the answer.)

Ceromancy- Divination through the interpretation of melted wax pored into cold water slowly. Similar to tea leaf reading.

Cheromancy- Divination using lots of small flat objects with markings on them, which are thrown onto a surface. The pattern in which they land is then interpreted.

Chiromancy- The reading of the lines on the palm and wrist.

Critomancy- The practice of casting a hand full of barely flour or the flour from an offering cake on a flat surface for the purpose of divination.

Dactylomancy- Divination using a ring strung on thread, which is used in the same manner as a pendulum. Seven different rings are used according to the corresponding days of the week and/or nature of the question and the seven planetary associations.

Dowsing- Finding an object using a pendulum or forked divination stick.

Geomancy- The interpretation of the pattern in which soil falls after it is cast into a nine foot circle.

Haruspicey- The examination of the entrails of sacrificial animals in order to foresee future events.

Horoscopy- Omen observation using planetary alignment.

Hydromancy- The observation of running water in search of omens.

Leranomancy- Divination using the sounds a stone makes as it is dropped into water.

Lychomancy- Divination using candle flames.

Ovomancy- The divination using eggs. (Folk or Gypsy Tradition)

Pendulum- A weighted object attached to a string, which is used to find an object/person, or answer a “yes” or “no” question.

Pessomancy- Divination through the interpretation of stone or pebbles on a stream bed.

Pyromancy- Foretelling future, past, or present events using the quality, color, and strength of a fire burning on wood and by throwing twigs, incense, or dried herbs onto the flame. (Negative answers are dark and smoky, and the fire will be hard to light. If the answer is positive, the fire will be easy to ignite and burn in the form of a pyramid.)

Rune Casting- Casting stones with markings onto a flat surface in order to divine.

Scrying- Gazing into a black mirror, crystal ball, or bowl of water to divine the future.

Selenomancy- Folk divination using the shape, color, and phases of the moon.

Spodomancy- Interpreting what is seen in ambers or ashes of a fire.

Tasseography- Using a cup of tea drunken to divine the querent’s future.

abacomancy....sand
alomancy...salt
aeromancy...cloud scry
astraglomancy...druid sticks, dice, ribbons
bibliomancy...bibles or religious texts
stichomancy....poems or wise sayings or inspirationsal words
cartomancy...tarot....mah jong cards , dominoe cards, playig cards, sibilla cards, oracle cards,
cleromancy...dominoes.dice
conchomancy...seashells
lychomancy...cande flame
pendulum
pyromancy
crystal bowl..
spodomancy....
tasseography...tea leaves
ceromancy...wax melted
cheromancy...runes, dice, mah jong tiles, dominoes,
geomancy...reading sand or salt

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-06-2011, 03:59 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
So many interesting divinations, so few hours in a day !

What is your favorite form of divination ?

Was it the first divination you tried or perhaps one of many ?
What do you like about it that makes it your favorite ?

Dream Angel xx

The first thing I worked with was dreams. I even authored a book on the subject! Dreams are not "divination" per se, in that there is no use of an outer tool. Rather, you simply interpret the symbollic messages conveyed to you during the sleep state by your Higher Self. It is for that reason I find it the most accurate and virtually indesputable.

I'm also enamored of Numerology. My mentor and teacher (a famed and highly accurate Numerologist who authored several books on the subject) had actually acquired a master's degree from presteigous MIT University and worked achieved partnership as an architect in the firm where he worked for a good many years. As luck would have it, he was responsible for hiring and firing there, and he had come to rely heavilly on his secretary, who would look over the applications for employment and share her insights about who might be best for the position being offered. She was never wrong! When she got an offer at another company for a better job, he said, "How am I going to choose from the many job candidates??" She said, "Would you like to know how I've been doing it?" Of course he said, yes, and the rest is history. She was using Numerology! A very scientific man like him would never have believed or bought it had she told him in the beginning, but 20-some-odd years of her assessments being right on the money (!) convinced even a hard-nosed scientist like him!!! He began to study the discipline, getting more and more fascinated by it as he went, and he began doing readings. Over time he realised all her cared about was his work in Numerology, and he left a lucrative position as an architect (!) to earn his living as a free-lance Numerologist...! Now that's what I call a leap of faith! Unfortunately, he is no longer with us, having passed from this world in the late 1990's, but I am still close friends with his widow, and I still employ the techniques he taught me, while placing my own stamp on them.

I also use Tarot cards, and I have on occasion used a board similar to the infamous ouija board called the Angel Board. It's colorful and lovely and carries none of the (dubious!) stigma attached to the oujia board, and I have on occasion managed to get accurate information from that source.

I have a set of dowsing rods and a pendulem, but I find the former to be more accurate and less easily influenced by involuntary and unconscious hand movements.

In truth, whatever divination system one is drawn to, one must always bring discernment to bear. There are trickster spirits that can manipulate any one of these, so you need to raise your energy level, ask your Higher Self to "card" at the door and allow those who pass inspection to speak to you THROUGH it. It is also wise to put protections in place. I've used both the ouija board and the Angel Board, and I find them both the be equally accurate... I just like the imagery on the Angel Board better.

No divination tool will be accurate all the time (again, discernment, discernment, discernment!!), and if you become too dependent on them, the accuracy is reduced exponentially.. your guides, teachers, and your own Higher Self's way of redirecting your attention to your own insight and awareness...!

I think folks are drawn to the systems that work best for them, and everyone's different. That's my 2 cents on the subject
Old 08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Wow LightFilledHeart ! Very cool on your Dream book ! Congratulations to you ! I took a class on dreams, very interesting !

Numerology, very interesting story! Now that is something I think I would be totally lost in, numerology ~ I am not the least bit gifted in math talents.

I have seen the Angel Board in the bookstore and always been tempted, but never purchased it. Curious to know how it works.

I have 3 pendulums, but I am confused with exactly what is and how does one use dowsing rods. Don't laugh, but the only time I have heard of them being used was to find water in the olden days !

Words of Wisdom ~ from LightFilledHeart
Quote:
In truth, whatever divination system one is drawn to, one must always bring discernment to bear. There are trickster spirits that can manipulate any one of these, so you need to raise your energy level, ask your Higher Self to "card" at the door and allow those who pass inspection to speak to you THROUGH it. It is also wise to put protections in place.
Quote:

No divination tool will be accurate all the time (again, discernment, discernment, discernment!!), and if you become too dependent on them, the accuracy is reduced exponentially.. your guides, teachers, and your own Higher Self's way of redirecting your attention to your own insight and awareness...!

Thank you so much for your reply !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 17-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Master
thank you for the glossary! are pendulums the only thing you use Dream Angel? pendulums are crystals right?

I haven't done any divining, came here to find out what it was lol.. I guess I thought it was like people having the Holy Spirit possess them or something

cool story about the Numerology LightFilledHeart. I haven't really got into that but I do love Astrology. well if that's a form of divination then I guess have divined lol..
Old 17-07-2011, 06:24 PM
nightowl

Hey Dream Angel,

Divination is kind of a weird topic for me. I find it interesting and I was amazed to find out there were so many different methods.

I have always gotten flash visions that revealed things, sometimes it comes by itself and sometimes by touching a person.

I tried tarot and runes and neither connected with my spirit energy. I use oracles cards but only for myself, but on rare occasionally I will be led to draw a card for an individual. I don't do readings so again divination is a little different for me. The only one on the list that maybe considered for me wold be,

Apantomancy, working with animal guides and energy when lead by Spirit.

I think and individual if given the time will be drawn to the method which best suits there energy, for some they use the same method for years and other graduate from one method to another.

nightowl
Old 21-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Sapphirez,

Basically I use the pendulum, which is a tool that swings and gives one answers to questions, depending on the direction it is swinging ~ short answer

and I have Angel oracle cards.

There are so many other kinds of divination that would be fun to work with, just not enough time to check them all out !

I would like to have someone do a tea leaf reading for me sometime, that would be interesting to see.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 21-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Deactivated Account

hi nightowl,

You are the second one recently that I have heard receives Flash visions, without the cards.Something new I haven't heard of til now.

I don't do readings for others, the Angel cards are just for my own guidance and advice.

Interesting thought on one graduating from one method to another.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 21-07-2011, 11:48 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi nightowl,

You are the second one recently that I have heard receives Flash visions, without the cards.Something new I haven't heard of til now.

I don't do readings for others, the Angel cards are just for my own guidance and advice.

Interesting thought on one graduating from one method to another.

Dream Angel xx

Flash vision can just be another term for waking vision. An example would be like;

Me sitting in a chair minding my own business and a image will flash in my mind, like, a first person view, of someone driving down the road and a deer running out in front of their car. That kind of stuff...

nightowl
Old 21-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Deactivated Account

I was wondering what a flash vision was, thanks ! That must have taken a little bit to get used to ?

Expect Miracles !