Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Seperate_Reality

Internal Queries, I was stating this as a general-observation and not pointing to any certain individual on here...
Bottom line...If someone has taken in and agrees with false-information, or, only has bits and pieces of truth, partial truths, half-truths, mixed in with false-information and considers he or she has a topic (spirituality) down cold, will not learn anything further about this topic, past that personal consideration...To learn exact and correct truths about a new topic, the individual has to realize that he or she is ignorant of this topic and replace the false-information with these newly learned truths. The individual will know truth or correct-knowledge from the false-information he or she has collected. The individual first has to find the whole-body of correct and exact spiritual truths or knowledge. (same thing) Good luck! and I am done with this thread...
Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperate_Reality
Internal Queries, I was stating this as a general-observation and not pointing to any certain individual on here...
Bottom line...If someone has taken in and agrees with false-information, or, only has bits and pieces of truth, partial truths, half-truths, mixed in with false-information and considers he or she has a topic (spirituality) down cold, will not learn anything further about this topic, past that personal consideration...To learn exact and correct truths about a new topic, the individual has to realize that he or she is ignorant of this topic and replace the false-information with these newly learned truths. The individual will know truth or correct-knowledge from the false-information he or she has collected. The individual first has to find the whole-body of correct and exact spiritual truths or knowledge. (same thing) Good luck! and I am done with this thread...

LOL OMGdess! as if anyone ANYONE knows what's what with "God" and "the soul" beyond whatever religious indoctrination they adhere to or their own personal constructs. there are NO correct or exact spiritual truths or knowledge since it's ALL personal perspective via experience and/or preconceived ideas.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Deactivated Account

I have to agree with Internal. Unless you have been and experianced a purely spiritual state - its all speculation.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Master
Yes... Until you have experience your soul as your own essence of being, your higher self, you may think of it to be apart from you, sort of like a spirit guide.

But in our condition of following our conditioned minds to a high degree, we couldn't really say all our decisions come from the soul. We've allowed our minds way too much distortion and interference with our true nature for that. In fact, this is why 'spiritual awakening' is necessary... our return to pure soul awareness.

Xan

Old 02-09-2011, 11:50 PM
nightowl

I am of a simple mind so I will share my simple view. The physical and spiritual mix with one another when contained within the body.

nightowl
Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Master
I have to assume the soul refers to being, and it's a strange thing too, as it seems apparent that people are aware of the soul, but I also assume that the soul is aware.

I have to assume all these things... about what is meant by soul... so easiest for me to think it is your location in the universe, that's where the soul is, and even that's a pretty obscure imagining.

Bit of a blur really... I'll have to answer 'Maybe'. tee hee
Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Master
Gem, as I see it the soul Is our awareness. Everything else is what we are aware Of.

Xan

Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I have to assume the soul refers to being, and it's a strange thing too, as it seems apparent that people are aware of the soul, but I also assume that the soul is aware.

I have to assume all these things... about what is meant by soul... so easiest for me to think it is your location in the universe, that's where the soul is, and even that's a pretty obscure imagining.

Bit of a blur really... I'll have to answer 'Maybe'. tee hee

Did someone say teehee?

Soul= Hebrew nephesh; Greek psuche

The idea of the soul is used in reference to the varied emotions or inner thoughts of a man, and why nephesh is translated "heart" or "mind" and psuche is translated "heart" and "mind." For the origin of knowledge and understanding come from the soul: and thought, love, and memory. But the soul is often used to refer to the the immortal part of us that never dies. With the exception of the one we fear that can destroy not only the body, but also the soul.
Matthew 22:37
Jesus said: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul (psuche), and with all thy mind.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Decisions are not made by races, cultures, or nations unless they are first made by individuals. The most destructive decision that an individual can make is to give away his or her decision-making authority.” Ken Carey “The Third Millennium”

Taking what this quote says about the destructiveness of giving away your decision - making authority where does this apply with the Soul on that level.

Do we as the host for the Soul have the control over decisions made or does our Soul have some role there on a solo level to over ride what we decide ?

Lynn - I think we always have "end control" over decision making in any circumstance, but I believe we are often presented with circumstances due to Soul Contracts made before we ever enter this incarnation. Remember the saying, we are spiritual beings having a human experience, therefore it only makes sense that the soul does play a vital role in leading us down a particular path when it comes to making decisions, especially when it comes to life altering events. It would seem we are to experience specific events in our lives and meet specific people and if a decision puts us on that path I believe the soul may give us internal nudges sometimes that we intellectually don't understand or comprehend. I speak from experience in this instance.

Blackraven