Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
If you're referring to the field of academic and clinical psychology, I agree with you, that can be ignored (but going to see counselors to get a listening ear helps a lot).

However, understanding your own psychology, your own personality and your own hang ups is very important for understanding yourself.
Yep I was talking about the academic psychology.

And agreed with the bold part. That's the answer, not what Psychology says.
Old 30-08-2011, 02:27 PM
mattie

Reject Others' View Of God As A Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire7
Actually, my mother is very kind to homosexual people. She works around them. she works for the health department as a counselor, and does STD tests and classes. She grew up with them. And check this out; she used to be one herself.

where her kindness ends is where her religion begins. She is a minister, and says that when god "delivered" her from that "spirit," he put in her a hatred and disgust for the "lifestyle." I hear many "Ex-homosexuals" say this...that once they connected with God, they received His desires, as well as dislikes...hence my ex-friend who snapped on me (desribed in my "It Hurts so much" thread). My mother has come home many-a-times frustrated with her job, because she can't preach in her classes like she wants to. She knows how to treat people and be polite, but she does not agree with the "sin."

I didn't actually come out to her. I knew better than that. Someone outed me to her. It was actually a letter they found and gave to her... which lead her to the conclusion that I was being "sneaky." ...

Perhaps your mother will at some point move into showing you the compassion she shows other homosexuals to you. It is unfortunate that she relates to a god that encourages her to have such ‘hatred and disgust for the lifestyle.’ Soooooo many have moved past a god that is based in this ‘hatred and disgust for the lifestyle‘ to a god of love that accepts EVERYONE.

I think this revelation about your mother being a minister & having a really archaic intolerant view based in hate may be shedding light on why you’re having trouble praying. How could you feel comfortable w/ this version of god??????? Of course you couldn’t. & shouldn’t. You’re likely listening to your inner wisdom that is telling you that this isn’t OK. It is your mother’s view of god that is out of whack, not god who is out of whack. Even in my very religiously conservative portion of the US, the Bible Belt, many pastors have moved out of the hateful god rhetoric into more of a god of love. You can make the decision to have your own separate beliefs, just as many others have done.

You weren’t being ‘sneaky’ to your mother to live your life in the way that you found appropriate. You were just being private as you knew this would be something that would be difficult for your mother. It’s OK to be private about these issues. I’m sorry that your mother chose to use this hurtful language w/ you. This is her issue though. She can percolate in hate, but this doesn’t mean that you have to take in her hateful energy.

It’s great that the public health officials AREN’T allowing your mother to preach in their classes. It shows that she is being very pushy to want to foist her beliefs on others, being unwilling to realize that other lifestyles are out there. She obviously doesn’t have an appreciation that her personal religious beliefs aren’t appropriate to cross the boundary to her secular job. It would be horribly predatory behavior that would be incredibly offensive for those going to a public health unit to get help to be subjected to a sermon about how their lifestyle is sinful. This would be more than enough to keep many from seeking assistance.

That other ex-homosexuals have this hatred for their ex-lifestyle is only a certain % of them. There are ex-gays that have no hatred of other gays or their lifestyle, just viewing all of this as a choice. Some people are bisexual & view either way as OK. There are many gays as well as non-gays that are completely OK w/ those who have a same sex orientation. Much of the US has moved past this woefully outdated view that same sex people are sinners or living a lifestyle to be hated into giving same sex oriented couples official marriage rights. Move into appreciating how much support for this has to occur for these laws to be changed.

It sounds like you’re around some really, really conservative religious types, including your immediate family who have the view that few have now of a hateful god. Under your post, ‘I find it impossible to pray’ I’ve posted some information about organized religions that are very welcoming of same sex oriented folks. I’m not trying to proselytize, as I’m not into any of the organized religions, but if you prefer to have an organized religion as part of your spiritual beliefs there are organized religions who aren’t negatively judgmental about same sex orientation. You can explore these & even join another faith w/o discussing this w/ your mother or those who would spew their hate about this.

You might find it empowering in many ways to explore faiths that don’t consider same sex orientation a sin. ✥✥✥ Being gay or lesbian IS NOT A sin. ✥✥✥ God IS NOT a hater. ✥✥✥ Even if there isn’t a gay-friendly congregation in your immediate area, perhaps you can find a service that is online or at least teachings that don’t make you feel like damaged goods.

Actively move into connecting w/ others who consider their same sex orientation to be just as normal as those who have a natural sexual orientation for the opposite sex. There are many gay forums on the Internet & probably forums for religions that support gays & lesbians where you could begin to appreciate that there are many other views than those of what seem to be the extremely religiously conservative intolerant people around you. There’s a whole world of people out there who support you. FEEL their supportive energy.

Don’t hesitate to matter-of-factly stop people when they begin anti-gay blather & tell them to can it. Resist the urge to mirror back any of their anger as this gives them power over you. I wouldn’t recommend trying to use logic w/ them. Just let them know they aren’t allowed to spew their hate at you. You aren’t obligated to subject your self to their prejudicial rants. If you can’t leave, at least mentally turn them off. You probably can’t change them, but YOU CAN CHANGE HOW YOU REACT to what is their judgmental anti-gay rhetoric. Anyone that continues to try to push their view on you once you’ve told them you’re not interested is being RUDE, RUDE, RUDE. They can be told they are being totally inappropriate & rude. Move into being empowered & appreciating that you don’t have to put up w/ this. Then stop putting up w/ it.
Old 30-08-2011, 02:52 PM
mattie

Manipulation Is Not Being A Sociopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
If you manipulate people's emotions with an alternative motive, then yes you would be a sociopath. ...

There are allot of levels of manipulating others that would fall far short of the extreme patterns needed to being a sociopath. If simply being manipulative qualified one as being a sociopath most of the population would qualify as such.

Not all manipulation is negative. For instance, a parent might manipulate (influence) their child who is throwing a temper tantrum or otherwise acting up by stating that they won’t get desert if they continue inappropriate behavior, but this is a reasonable manipulation that isn’t problematic.

A man might manipulate a woman by wining & dining her to get ‘lucky‘ but this doesn’t qualify him as being a sociopath. He might even tell her what he thinks she wants to hear & while this may be dishonest, it falls far short of being a sociopath.
Old 30-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Sundialed

yo! there are people's of all types out there! you are free to do as you wish! just try not to harm any life. some people like asking why are you so quiet just so they can make noise and sound less "quiet" to other people around. and if you are quiet buddy, trust me i still talk a lot, but man a lot of the time i want to skip around the kiddy **** and get into some real talk about stuff that has meaning whereas a lot of people my age (22 - i have friends of all ages though of course) they want to talk nonsense. i don't know where i am getting at except for i use to be told that too buddy but then i realized i just wasn't interested in all of the kiddy **** people were talking about. live your life pal no worries. there are many a wise men and woman who live in solitude all year. think they talk much? no, they are mastering there body and what have you. life can go in so many directions to talk your face off is just w/e man no worries.

much love

some of the best songs have no words... actions speak louder anyway too
Old 04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Boldylocks

I learned later in life never to listen to other people's criticsms. To me, someone with sociopathic tendencies is someone who will go out of thier way to hurt an insect, animal or child and feel no guilt or remorse over it. If that is how you feel, then you need to #1- seek professional help immediately, and #2- put the matter in God's hands for intervention and inner healing immediately.

Other than that, if you are just a reflective person who likes keeping to yourself, or if you are on a spiritual path where you are seeking liberation from narcissm, etc. then you're doing okay.. Regarding Narcissm, I believe our entire human nature is a narcissistic human nature from birth, and in order for us to grow spiritually, we need to allow that ego part of us to die, and be replaced by true unselfish'ness. As far as I believe, that is only possible through the Creator's grace and our cooperation- and happens by degrees up until the day we die-- if we allow this transformation

I would not concern yourself one bit with what opinions your mother and others say. We all have different characters and expressions-- thank God not everyone is an outgoing extrovert, or else we'd all end up killing each other and getting into constant brawls all the time. Or if we were all introverts, nothing would ever get done on this planet!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Boldylocks

ps, if your mother is labeling you a sociopath because you are homosexual- then she apparantly does not understand what a true sociopath is. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation whatsoever.

hugs to you dear, and look up- Our Creator loves you xoxoxo