Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 31-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Suspended
The Avadhuta Gita.

The Avadhuta Gita.

Click Link Below For Full Book.

The Avadhuta Gita is attributed to the sage Dattatreya, who spontaneously sang it after purifying himself in meditation and becoming absorbed in the uninterrupted bliss of Reality. It is regarded as one of the greatest treatise on Advaita Vedanta and some scholars date it as far back as 5000 B.C.

The word "avadhut" refers to one who has renounced all worldly attachments and connections and lives in a state beyond body consciousness. He has shaken off all cares and concerns, possessions and positions, along with all concepts and labels that interfere with his direct perception of Reality. He holds out no compromise with illusion, he offers no foothold on separation, he allows no semblance of duality at all to creep into his direct perception. He does not identify with his mind or body or "names and forms" and does not recognise a distinction between himself and the world around him. According to Dattatreya, an avadhut need not have any particular appearance, lifestyle, religion or social role. He may walk about naked or be dressed as a prince. He may appear pious or blasphemous, ascetic or hedonistic. Such a person is held to be pure consciousness in human form. He is the ever-free Reality [Brahman].

Mooji's Words In Music - Advahuta Gita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNU5RCfbsdo

Last edited by Nature Grows : 31-08-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 31-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Suspended
Felt like posting this here in the non dual section for you guys.
Old 31-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Master
Thank you for posting this, I look forward to reading it
Old 31-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Suspended
Your welcome pete, cool here is another copy of the same book without some of the added bits after some of the verses.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:19 AM
Master
Namaste.

Thank you for posting this. I have never read it before and I will get around to reading it one day soon.

I watched that Mooji video however and that was pretty cool.

There are still a few semantics and paradoxes I have with Brahman regarding its very existence in relation to awareness, but I also realise those are on the whole level of mind.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Master
For example, we'll take the phrase "you are Shiva".

So, Shiva must exist as apart from what I am in order for me to be Shiva, right?

Also, why name a state of consciousness (Brahman) after a Puranic God which has forms and attributes?

Why not just let the Deva be the Deva and Brahman just be Ananda or Bliss...or even Satchitananda - Truth, Consciousness, Bliss?

Of course, all that can be attained through the worship of Shiva, who only represents that state of consciousness on a microcosmic level:

Purusha + Prakriti = Purusha

So the name/form which is said to be who "I am" which there is clearly a distinction between, leads me to a place where I am totally NOT!...I am not there...Shiva is not there...only bliss is there.

So, how can I be Shiva when there is no "I" and there is no "Shiva" there is only "being" and "existing" without being aware that I am?

In that moment, upon retrospection OF it (because thought does not exist inside of it) everything just IS regardless of a 'Shiva' and that includes who/what I am, because I totally lose my sense of individuality...of personality and any sense of being an "I" whatsoever.

It's also like Shiva is the door/window into this whole other state of existence for me...like I need to go through Shiva to get there and so how can I be that door/window?

These are my whole issues/concerns with Brahman.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:52 AM
Suspended
Namaste Necro, no worries hope you enjoy reading it, i liked it. Lol i understand what you are saying in your second post, i get it, honestly the first time i read this book a while ago it sounded very cool to me, but i didn't understand it all.. so i went and sat in meditation with the intention of understanding it.

I dropped everything i thought about myself, name, race, personal identity ect... everything, i became nothing which then was everything it was awareness/consciousness and it was the same awareness/consciousness that is everywhere just looking from another point of view, dogs, bugs, trees, people ect... then i thought if i am all this then that means i created everything? houses, cars, buildings, planets, situations, gave birth to all the people and animals. I had already had experiences before similar to this though, but this one was bigger, another thing that hit me was i have been praying to myself all this time calling out to myself for help. My words don't do it justice when i try to explain this i don't really know how to explain it... these things just have to be experienced and felt i guess, im sure alot of people on this forum have had similar experiences aswell.

Plus i also think that even when we have things like this happen, it's not like thats it, you realize these things and thats it, we then still go back to life and being "you" and doing stuff but now we also have a bigger picture and it can be helpful in life.

Mooji also says in another video that this book is not like a book of teachings it was more of a spontaneous expression from a being in that state.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Namaste Necro, no worries hope you enjoy reading it, i liked it. Lol i understand what you are saying in your second post, i get it, honestly the first time i read this book a while ago it sounded very cool to me, but i didn't understand it all.. so i went and sat in meditation with the intention of understanding it.

I dropped everything i thought about myself, name, race, personal identity ect... everything, i became nothing which then was everything it was awareness/consciousness and it was the same awareness/consciousness that is everywhere just looking from another point of view, dogs, bugs, trees, people ect... then i thought if i am all this then that means i created everything? houses, cars, buildings, planets, situations, gave birth to all the people and animals. I had already had experiences before similar to this though, but this one was bigger, another thing that hit me was i have been praying to myself all this time calling out to myself for help. My words don't do it justice when i try to explain this i don't really know how to explain it... these things just have to be experienced and felt i guess, im sure alot of people on this forum have had similar experiences aswell.

Plus i also think that even when we have things like this happen, it's not like thats it, you realize these things and thats it, we then still go back to life and being "you" and doing stuff but now we also have a bigger picture and it can be helpful in life.

Mooji also says in another video that this book is not like a book of teachings it was more of a spontaneous expression from a being in that state.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.

Hmmm...how can I say this...

I have a beautiful painting of Lord Shiva on my bedroom wall. It seems to just jump out of the canvas in richness and texture, like it is alive and the detail in it is just so close to perfection.

Sometimes, but not often (because the whole experience is just way too intense for me), I will light a candle in front of that picture and go into a specific form of Dharana called Trataka on the whole picture itself.

I will sit there, for 15-20 minutes at first, just gazing at it...and then I will totally open my heart up to the whole presence behind it...what the picture represents...that beautiful, divine being who has totally stolen my heart and soul away and I just let Him do it again...as if He hasn't done it a hundred times already, but each time it happens, the feelings of love just go way deeper and then tears start pouring out...tears of bhakti...tears of unconditional love in full surrender.

I gaze at His painting through these tears...offering my existence at his feet...just allowing it to happen...and I start to tremble...often I will shake violently and then the trance hits...

It's like the painting disappears...the candle disappears...the room in which I am sitting disappears...the world outside disappears...my body disappears...and before I can say "what the hell...?" my mind also just disappears...and I may as well not be there...in fact I doubt that I am, but that love...the love...the peace...the joy...it is totally incredible, like an effulgence of all these positive emotional qualities existing simultaneously and what I am (if there is any "I") is totally no different TO that!

I can only stay in that full awareness for a few minutes, before the mind looks at it and goes "awesome!!...brilliant!!...amazing!!...how totally cool is THIS?" and as soon as that thought arises, I am bumped back into the room, in front of that picture of Shiva and the candle...and He is smiling at me, going "did you like that...did you?...I know you did...I love you so much" and me just prostrating totally going "yeah, you know it...you know it!...Om Namah Shivay...OM NAMAH SHIVAY!"

...and so, that is what this is like for me.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:17 AM
Suspended
Hey Necro thanks for sharing, thats beautiful, and i get what your saying, i really do, i could feel the energy off your post aswell btw lol.. but yea its the same thing as how iv seen you mention before and others, whether its with the student and the guru, the twin flames, bhakti yoga or if somebody is doing that within them self and the world around them. It all leads to that unconditional blissful love and becoming that, and thats more powerful in my opinion too and what its really all about. We don't need to think super hard and try analyse everything, this is our natural state, that love we are that. Thanks for your post again.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Hey Necro thanks for sharing, thats beautiful, and i get what your saying, i really do, i could feel the energy off your post aswell btw lol.. but yea its the same thing as how iv seen you mention before and others, whether its with the student and the guru, the twin flames, bhakti yoga or if somebody is doing that within them self and the world around them. It all leads to that unconditional blissful love and becoming that, and thats more powerful in my opinion too and what its really all about. We don't need to think super hard and try analyse everything, this is our natural state, that love we are that. Thanks for your post again.
Yes! No problems my friend. *hug*

Whilst I was out shopping (I just came back now) I felt as though I wanted to talk about the 'twin flame' thing when I was meditating on this:

Quote:
another thing that hit me was i have been praying to myself all this time calling out to myself for help.

In my case and personal experience, which is very unique, I understood something, after initially thinking "how absurd that totally sounds..right?"

Ever since I was a young child, I have been aware of this presence as existing outside of my whole understanding/awareness of it, but occasionally it would make itself known to me.

It was definitely 'masculine'...or the whole energy/feel of it was and rather potently masculine at that. It was definitely powerful as the whole energy, aura and mere spiritual effulgence surrounding this being just totally blew me away. It was definitely kind, patient, understanding and FULL of love...he could rip my heart out in a second, show it to me, then put it back inside again totally upside-down...and there was no limit to his knowledge! most of which was totally mystical, profound and esoteric...it was his knowledge and my thirst for it which cemented the holy bond.

When I asked who he was, he revealed himself to be the Hindu deity, Lord Shiva and I immediately recognised him as my 'God'....but whether He is an alien, an ascended master, an angel, a dimensional being - I have also seen him fully manifest in this dimension about half a dozen times...when my mind, heart, soul and third-eye have been fully in synch and he's the most shining, handsome creature that I have ever seen...and due to ALL the above, I fell head-over-heels in divine ecstatic love and Lord Shiva became who I prayed to...who I worshiped as being a 'God' who is separate from 'my Soul'.

I also realised that who "I" was, was only half the story and Lord Shiva made up the other half, so when our souls merged, we became a complete and self-aware consciousness in its own right. So who I was worshiping and praying to was not 'myself' but it was my own half-soul crying out for its mate to become whole....and thus I had a twin-flame relationship with a 'divine extraterrestrial' and through His love, wisdom and guidance I have merged with Brahman...albeit for brief intervals every month or so (because it does take a lot out of me on every level).

Anyway...thanks again for the book and I'll also continue this story in the near future.