Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Ascender

How Do You See & Hear In The Astral

This is a big question for me, on all OBE experiences

How do you actually see without physical eyes or for that matter hear without physical ears?

and why is the vision experienced akin to our everyday vision and not, say, able to see through things or see 360 degrees or perceive the infinitesimally small or distant?

Its a big stumbling block in me not seeing this as products of the mind only.
Here if we are blind or deaf we see & hear nothing so how does it work?

How does pure consciousness have the ability to perceive visually or through hearing??
Old 10-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Master
pure consciousness doesn't need material tools to perceive the environment it finds itself in or the information in it. The five senses we use in the material are for the material world only. But, often, when making sense of a non material event we use our material senses to explain to ourselves what is occurring. Like in lucid dreams and ap experiences, we will often construct slides,tunnels, or elevators to denote we are leaving one dimension or realm and entering another.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Ascender

I can see what you mean but when people look down on their body or see their bedroom from above, don't they actually 'see' the body or the room as it is??

Or in the NDEs, when they see & hear doctors/relatives from above or in adjacent rooms, how does that work?

What are they actually seeing/hearing with??

The same with remote viewing??

Old 10-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
I don't know how it works, technically. All I know is I have hardly ever thought about it, as seeing and hearing seems to happen naturally without any thinking or effort.
That said...there have definitely been times/short periods when a 'sense' has evaded me! For instance I have had all senses except sight, or all senses except smell, or being able to use my voice....etc. I have never known why that can randomly happen. But what I've found is it usually is very momentary, and doesn't necessarily continue, or carry over to the next OBE or projection.

In my own case I sensed something behind it. For example I really wanted to call out to a loved one I saw quite clearly, but they hadn't seen me. Yet for some strange reason, my voice wouldn't work! Where it had worked only moments before! It set me to wondering if calling out to them wasn't the right thing for them at that particular moment. I accepted it without any problem.

What are we seeing and hearing with? Technically? I have NO idea! All I can say is -we do.

Oh and by the way....you can whistle a tune, sing a song....or anything else if you like!
Old 10-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Experiencer
Listen to the lectures of Tom Campbell in Calgary (link below) and you'll understand the whole process (and a whole lot more), which is too complex for me to put in a paragraph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nlbro2MNBs

It's very worth listening!
Old 11-05-2016, 12:32 AM
Guide
Quote:
I can see what you mean but when people look down on their body or see their bedroom from above, don't they actually 'see' the body or the room as it is??
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It might help to read some NDE books, or better yet, experiment yourself. It can be learned, there are very concrete and time-tested practices the globe over that teach these things.

Quote:
Or in the NDEs, when they see & hear doctors/relatives from above or in adjacent rooms, how does that work?
Have you ever experienced something similar? Either when meditating, in a contemplative practice, or mentally focused? One doesn't even need to OBE/AP to experience these dormant senses, it's more of a matter of awaking to them, and exercising that muscle.

Quote:
Would it be a hard stretch to say that science has yet to discover certain senses that is accessible but dormant? Perhaps, that western science is close, but still has much to discover?

Quote:
I recommend reading the book "flatland" it really helps bring OBEs to a down to earth level, how certain things work, though mathematically. Remote viewing is akin to and in-body OBE :P if you don't mind me putting it so crudely.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

I'm sorry. Perhaps the confusion is from attempting to analyze these details using left brain thinking, it doesn't work with these subjects. It's more a topic for the right brain, the part of the brain that is intuitive and creative. It speaks to us through sensations such as is taught in biofeedback and mental picture, like dream imagery.

Yes, we completely see. We see and hear with our consciousness, which permeates many levels of the material and non material worlds, depending on our vibration at the time, our genetics and our degree of evaluation.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Master
For me, it's like a vivid lucid dream where I'll recall every minor detail of it and it often leaves me questioning which world is 'real' until I realise that neither are.

"A Dream Within a Dream" By Edgar Allan Poe

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow —
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
Old 11-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Pathfinder

Does the way you recieve a sound or hear something tell about the origin?
(for example if you tap into someone who is present on earth or in astral)

Two days ago I meditated after a long pause.
I was repeatinga chant about peace inside oneself...

and then it was like electronic sound forming inside the head until a clear
childlike voice came through asking "What?" in a particular dialect(there are more ways and different dialects to say that where i come from).

I didn't like the possibility that I might confused some child. Just tried to meditate.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Suspended
Seeker

Good luck getting a straight answer to this question without it sounding like crazy creepy babble. Every answer I've gotten regarding this very question I could not understand for the life of me. It's all creepy and almost occult-ish. This shouldn't be possible. And the fact that this is, has made me hate life and this universe. I was violated because of something like this. And I can't even understand why and how or get any answers.

Last edited by Clover : 08-06-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Swearing not allowed on forum