Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 20-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Angel1 Vampire Bats

This is a really great video on Vampire bats and learning about Bats in general. The Vampire bat is destroying many crops and cattle in Latin American that locals are wanting to destroy them. While most species of bats contribute or give something back to their ecosystems, Vampire bats don't give or do much anything in particular other than drink blood. The locals want to drive/destroy them to extinction however, the video is interesting and inspiring in a sense that it sheds light on these species as being more than blood sucking creatures, these bats like humans have personalities, they love to cuddle and hug, and the researcher/scientist who is bonding with them says the bats form human-like friendships and their faces remind him of people. In essence, he sees a soul.
This segment reminded me on how people similarly perceived wolves at one time; as dangerous predators not contributing to society. Perhaps, there is more to discover about the Vampire bat that we don't know yet. So I do hope these blood sucking critters do stick around, as they are part of the greater whole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0YB6_7Kync

come on, they are kinda cute? Its a face only a mother would love

Old 20-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Lepus

Hi Clover,

Funny thing, I had a username 'Vampire Bat' on a Yugioh Network. I ran a vampire deck archetype. Unfortunately, the network was taken down by authorities claiming copyright or something along the lines. I think these vampire bats influenced the Mayans back in the pre-columbian times. There's a deity named Camazotz. The bat was associated with night, death, and sacrifice.

Lepus
Old 20-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hi Clover,

Funny thing, I had a username 'Vampire Bat' on a Yugioh Network. I ran a vampire deck archetype. Unfortunately, the network was taken down by authorities claiming copyright or something along the lines. I think these vampire bats influenced the Mayans back in the pre-columbian times. There's a deity named Camazotz. The bat was associated with night, death, and sacrifice.

Lepus

Hey Lepus! Extraordinary to learn they had a place with the Mayans, Ill have to look into that more in depth! Thanks!