Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Master
Buddha

Greetings,
I wanted to share what for me was very inspirational and entertaining to watch recently.
It is a series that is currently on our Netflix called "Buddha".
There are a few different ones but this one is the one that is 55 episodes long, each of which are 45 minutes in length.
It was produced in 2013 and stars Himanshu Soni.
It takes you from before his birth to his death.
I learned so much more from this series than anything I've ever read about Buddhism before.
I found that answers to those things I never really got like renunciation and escetic life came to me thru the inspiration this series imparted in me.
It really felt like I was watching my life in many of the things he went thru. It also felt like he was there with me the whole time.
Obviously I loved it and I felt sharing such an extensive source of knowledge,wisdom and entertainment was a great thing to do for those who might also appreciate what it brings.
Enjoy and Have a great day!

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 15-06-2017, 12:47 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Greetings,
I wanted to share what for me was very inspirational and entertaining to watch recently....
No interest. Fine if you watch what catches your interest. But what catches your interest is of no concern for me. Let me know when your death catches your interest.
Old 15-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
No interest. Fine if you watch what catches your interest. But what catches your interest is of no concern for me. Let me know when your death catches your interest.
Yes it goes without saying that if you have no interest in watching and learning from this series then it will not be of any value. I feel it also depends on where you are as to what you get out of anything. Still for those who are interested, I can only say that it was beyond awesome.
I see and appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post. It comes across as kindness on your part to me.
In regards to my death, I probably won't need to come to you because if that thought arises, I will take that opportunity to not identify with it and watch it for what it is.
Blessings

Old 15-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Suspended
Guide

I went to netflix and it is not there. Is it streaming only? Are you using the USA netflix?
Old 15-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
I went to netflix and it is not there. Is it streaming only? Are you using the USA netflix?
I'm using Netflix USA. I found that I can't find it streaming as of lately but I can find it at home. Maybe that is because it is listed as being on "my list".
I would try calling them. I'll try to see if it's anywhere else to be viewed.

Old 15-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana

I found it on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58fedAwJZQk

Edit: it looks like only episode 1 is subtitled in English so you might to look into that first.

Last edited by BlueSky : 15-06-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 16-06-2017, 02:49 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Greetings,
I wanted to share what for me was very inspirational and entertaining to watch recently.
It is a series that is currently on our Netflix called "Buddha".
There are a few different ones but this one is the one that is 55 episodes long, each of which are 45 minutes in length.
It was produced in 2013 and stars Himanshu Soni.
It takes you from before his birth to his death.
I learned so much more from this series than anything I've ever read about Buddhism before.
I found that answers to those things I never really got like renunciation and escetic life came to me thru the inspiration this series imparted in me.
It really felt like I was watching my life in many of the things he went thru. It also felt like he was there with me the whole time.
Obviously I loved it and I felt sharing such an extensive source of knowledge,wisdom and entertainment was a great thing to do for those who might also appreciate what it brings.
Enjoy and Have a great day!

Thanks for the information. I found it on Netflix and I'm in Australia.
Old 16-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Ascender

I've only watched the first two episodes but I thought they were great. (He's only a baby and Queen Maya has just died).
Old 16-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
I've only watched the first two episodes but I thought they were great. (He's only a baby and Queen Maya has just died).
Hi Shaunc,
I'm really glad to hear that and I look forward to hearing if and how it inspires you as it did me.
Blessings

Old 16-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Ascender

It's going to take a while for me to get back to you. My family and me are going on a holiday tomorrow. 5 days in Hong Kong and then 4 weeks in the beautiful Philippine islands. While in Hong Kong we plan to visit the big buddha statue and the nearby monastery. It's supposed to be the biggest buddha statue in the world.