Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
But don't people every day miss work, or are late for work, or can't make their flight ?. So really no matter what plane crashes, or whatever, there is always going to be some killed and maybe some not killed, I'm noy saying you are right or wrong but it does make me think.

It's the synchroncities involved--oh you of mysterious as you go comments :-) why did that particular person miss that particular flight? Why did that one guy take his kid to school that particular day, making him late on 9/11? Because they were not meant to die on that particular day in that particular way... there yo go, being all "random" again... Think Oh mysterious one....
Old 04-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
It's the synchroncities involved--oh you of mysterious as you go comments :-) why did that particular person miss that particular flight? Why did that one guy take his kid to school that particular day, making him late on 9/11? Because they were not meant to die on that particular day in that particular way... there yo go, being all "random" again... Think Oh mysterious one....
but that is just part of life, all things are happening, but because there's a disaster, why is these things that happen all the time so relevant, its all random, nothing else, well that's how I see it.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
but that is just part of life, all things are happening, but because there's a disaster, why is these things that happen all the time so relevant, its all random, nothing else, well that's how I see it.

I'd like to add that many of the people you are talking about claim that they felt a strong gut feeling to miss work that day. I've had the same feelings. A strong feeling in the pit of my gut to leave a place for no reason at all because I might be in danger if I didn't. These gut feelings you can't really explain. You just know that you should listen to it. So I don't think it was random at all. Something told them not to go and they were smart enough to listen. I've heard the same thing happening to some kids about that school shooting.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:18 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou
I'd like to add that many of the people you are talking about claim that they felt a strong gut feeling to miss work that day. I've had the same feelings. A strong feeling in the pit of my gut to leave a place for no reason at all because I might be in danger if I didn't. These gut feelings you can't really explain. You just know that you should listen to it. So I don't think it was random at all. Something told them not to go and they were smart enough to listen. I've heard the same thing happening to some kids about that school shooting.

There is indeed a lot to this.... I've had dreams that I remember that were snapshots of things that occurred the next day, things that unfolded exactly as shown, and in the first-person perspective. So the gut feelings that you mentioned could well be people responding to same, only they don't have the surface memories like I've had that went with them. And yet they know, they've been there, they've seen and have already felt it occurring in real time and, via the dream experience, inwardly know what to do....
Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
There is indeed a lot to this.... I've had dreams that I remember that were snapshots of things that occurred the next day, things that unfolded exactly as shown, and in the first-person perspective. So the gut feelings that you mentioned could well be people responding to same, only they don't have the surface memories like I've had that went with them. And yet they know, they've been there, they've seen and have already felt it occurring in real time and, via the dream experience, inwardly know what to do....

It's also got a name:) It's called clairsentience and most everyone has this gift. I remember just a handful of times when this feeling came to me and I got the thought that I needed to leave a place and go somewhere else. One of those times, I was at a park late at night. I went there often at night and never got that feeling. Who knows what would have happened, but I definitely got away from there.
"It will remain remarkable, in what ever way our future concepts may develop, that the very study of the external world led to the scientific conclusion that the content of the consciousness is the ultimate universal reality." -Eugene Wigner, physicist and Nobel Prize winner.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou
It's also got a name:) It's called clairsentience and most everyone has this gift. I remember just a handful of times when this feeling came to me and I got the thought that I needed to leave a place and go somewhere else. One of those times, I was at a park late at night. I went there often at night and never got that feeling. Who knows what would have happened, but I definitely got away from there.
It seems to be that the more intense events can stimulate a bleed-through dream-memory with greater clarity, but I've had smaller, less significant things appear with some clarity as well. It's rare that I have these fully conscious-bleed-overs, but it seems that the "unconscious" memories of such are quite common. I rarely make important decisions without "sleeping on it" first. Countless times I've awoken in the morning with the perfect solution to an issue at-hand. It may be that in dreams we can rehearse different outcomes before we activate the physical version in our current waking state.

With this, and with all things, it appears that we're merely at the tip of a very deep iceburg, in relation to how things continually unfold. "Consciously" we're only seeing the very surface-most-layer of something profoundly extraordinary, and most deeply complex...
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:

One person's random is another person's synchronicity.....oh well...I have somehow fried my charging cord to my tablet which is now dead as a door nail, so will be limited in my posting for a few days......:-(
Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
....oh well...I have somehow fried my charging cord to my tablet which is now dead as a door nail, so will be limited in my posting for a few days......:-(
Ouch.... about a year ago I had a tablet fall off the counter, smacking the floor hard enough to crack the screen... making it instantly worthless... happily I have a desktop and a laptop to fall back on, but loosing the tablet hurt! For reading books it was so-much-more portable!!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Ascender
When my dear father was middle aged, he was in a rush to catch a train at Waterloo. He ran down the platform and saw that the carriages were full, except for maybe an odd seat here and there. He told me that something told him that he was not to go on that train. So he let it go and caught a later one.

The train he let go was in a train crash....

We all have the capability to tune in to such feelings, if we choose to accept that they exist.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Ouch.... about a year ago I had a tablet fall off the counter, smacking the floor hard enough to crack the screen... making it instantly worthless... happily I have a desktop and a laptop to fall back on, but loosing the tablet hurt! For reading books it was so-much-more portable!!

I live in a very rural area and we only have dialup out here, altho I suppose there is a way to convert it, so when I got my tablet I was in internet heaven...It is so much faster than my laptop, which I have limited time on right now anyway, as my computer room is now, temporarily, someone's bedroom..so it is absolutely agonizing to be in my br at night without my tablet...I had purchased a power pack for it, but it doesn't work either...:-) so I;m just lost right now......but am getting caught up with my reading, so its not all in vain........