Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-08-2019, 05:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Well, first, thanks for response. Sorry for formatting as I'm on mobile. Coming from a scientific AND spiritual background, something as simple as NDEs & OBEs can easily be chalked up to just brain stuff.

From a scientific perspective NDEs & OBEs are still an enigma. For that reason are worth exploring since these experiences are numerous and constantly reoccurring. The fact that they are so numerous would suggest that NDE's offer the greatest potential for insight into the nature of consciousness.

Scientist are trying to devise an objective experiment. Maybe you could be in on that and help them.

Quote:
They're not verifiable, can be easily reproduced, and your brain does wonky things, we can even implant fake memories. They're not reliable, so basing my beliefs off of that, for myself, wouldn't make sense.

An NDE could theoretically be reproduce, but that wouldn't prove that all NDE's are fake. So how much further ahead would you be into understanding why they occur in some people but not in others?

Quote:
In terms of everything else and spirituality, I've had my own experiences in life. I don't deny the possibility of an existence outside of ours.

Well why not? What is there to be convinced that there is even a possibility of an existence outside of ours? You surely are not basing that belief system on your own personal experiences? You've already established that anecdotal evidence is not very reliable.

Quote:
Science can not test the metaphysical. It's impossible.

How do you determine what is metaphysical and what is not?

Quote:
But you can absolutely use your scientific knowledge and apply it to something such as religion, spirituality or the afterlife. It's interesting really. I'll touch on that later in another post! Consciousness is extremely important in terms of an afterlife, and as we learn more about consciousness and if it truly originates in the brain, or if our brains are just receivers, is just as, if not more, important.

It's against the forum rules to solicit information on the forum from another organization. The best I can do is provide a link for you to check out.

http://content.time.com/time/health/...655632,00.html

Maybe this is a good start.