Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 27-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
I ask that question too sometimes. But the truth is; it isn't. The Universe keeps presenting you with things you don't want because you keep thinking about it. Unwanted things are constantly going through your mind. The universe is simply following your thoughts.
If you say; "I don't want to be a teacher", the universe only hears the words 'want' and 'teacher'. It doesn't work with positive and negative aspects, only with the general feeling of the thought.
If you say; "I want that certain job" The universe is like: "Congratulations, you have already achieved that."
If you say "I will have that certain job", and at the same time you think "but I don't believe it will happen" or "I'm not sure", then the universe says: "Oh, you haven't made up your mind yet? Then here's that other job again to keep you occupied until you have made up your mind."
The universe is only following you.

I know it isn't easy, but a positive mood changes everything. You have to start by appreciating where you are now. Focus on the little things which make you happy. And then start living (in your mind and any other way you can) like you already have what you want.
That's the key. First be happy where you are, and then act like you already have what you want.

For some reason, I missed this part of your original post and I 100% agree... That's totally what happens. I (try to!)!focus on the new career but a little part of me thinks "Hmph. Do I really want this? Will I miss the student interaction, being in a school environment, and... my summers off? And, would I like it more if I had the opportunity to teach a subject I liked?" ... ... So yeah, I (now) understand why the universe is still presenting me with teaching positions.
Old 29-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Master
Is the Universe Testing Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
Hi All,

This is somewhat of a long post but a little background information is needed...

I've been trying to make a career change for a while and have realized I give up too easy during the process. I've been a math/science teacher for a few years but I quit my job in August and am trying to manifest a career I want.

For the past two weeks, I've been really intentional about the job/career/salary I want but the Universe keeps presenting me with math/science teaching interviews. Last month, I went on two interviews although I did not want to; I went due to family pressure (to get a job!) and my not liking to be out of work.

That said, last week I realized that I'm just repeating the same ole patterns (e.g. Gets desparate for a job --> applies for teaching jobs I don't want b/c I'm good at it and am usually instantly hired...although I don't like teaching Lol (I'm a Pisces and having to be "stern" all day and manage 150+ different students and personalities is draining )--> Gets called for an interview, accepts, and dreads going to said interview --> Gets hired --> Accepts job --> Dreads the first day of work --> Dreads job (except math but I dislike school bureaucracy b/c I'm a non-conformist, which makes me popular with the students but not so much with school administration b/c they like to control people; they usually put up w/ me b/c my classes always have the highest scores) until I quit to make a career change --> Months pass by with no interview invites from the jobs I'm interested in --> Gives in a repeats cycle Smh! ) so I woke up Friday morning and canceled my interview! I said to myself, "LadyLynx, NO MORE!!! Today is the day you put an end to the nonsense/foolishness.

So, today, I spent 4+ hrs applying for jobs, meditating and doing abundance and career affirmations and guess what!?!? A principal from a school / job I didn't even apply for--and the opening isn't even posted on the "available teaching positions" district website--called me saying they needed a math teacher and got my name from a principal I met last month; she wanted to know if I'd come in for an interview.

I say all of that to ask: Do you guys think the Universe is testing my dedication to switch careers? Especially because I usually give in when I don't hear from jobs I'm interested in (and have applied for)...like my current situation?

Hi LadyLynx,

The first words that jumped out at me from your post, above were:

....applies for teaching jobs b/c I'm good at it and am usually instantly hired...

....which then caused me to have this thought: You may find your calling by helping those who are actively seeking someone who can give them Life skills. In other words, become a Life Coach.

Seek opportunities where your "good at it" teaching skillsets can be applied to students of ANY age, who are eager to learn how how to become what they REALLY want to be in Life, successful, motivated beings.

You may laugh at the irony of this next sentence:

Succinctly, How would you help you to realize your dreams?

Become a student, yourself, of the methods you've used as a Teacher...to help others become the very motivated, successful beings....as you seek to be.

Ironic, isn't it?

....but oh, so, rewarding when the answer you find for yourself, is itself embodied by YOU, helping others become successful...as themselves.

I've provided an example, (see reference below) of the kind of lesson a successful life coach, such as Frederick Dodson, would teach. Enjoy exploring his site (see Menu).

Just remember: Nobody can be you better than you!...but perhaps, you can teach someone how to be the better "someone" they seek to be....

"Good at yourself is....as good at yourself does". (Pretty catchy affirmation, don't you think?)

BTW: That's the only test in the Universe that's worth passing.

Why ? 'Cause this will take LoL....for yourself, and for those who become your students.

Hope this, and the reference, helps you do so.

Reference: http://www.realitycreation.org/scrip...ovie-life.html Scripting the movie of your life
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 29-10-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 16-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Pathfinder
Guthrio,

Thank you!! That's a great idea...

I just saw your post--I'm not sure why I wasn't alerted someone responded to my thread--but I've never really thought about a different form of teaching until a few weeks ago. I've been considering being a Career Counselor (go figure lol) because I love talking about / reading about careers due to my "career drama". I've actually read/memorized the entire U.S. Bureau of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook; there are hundreds of jobs and I know most of the requirements for each career/job, and the fastest route to achieve said career (and/or how to find free money to fund school if a formal education is needed).

I used to help my students plan their careers because I thought it was fun, but I just realized I could get paid for that so that's something I'm looking into it. Also, being a Life Coach would be fun... I'd probably focus on Health, Fitness and Healthy Living/Eating. Thanks for the idea! I'll look at the links you posted.
Old 18-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Newbie ;)

I think you have to hear your inner voice and connect whit your higher self.

Namaste
Old 20-11-2016, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
Guthrio,

Thank you!! That's a great idea...

I just saw your post--I'm not sure why I wasn't alerted someone responded to my thread--but I've never really thought about a different form of teaching until a few weeks ago. I've been considering being a Career Counselor (go figure lol) because I love talking about / reading about careers due to my "career drama". I've actually read/memorized the entire U.S. Bureau of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook; there are hundreds of jobs and I know most of the requirements for each career/job, and the fastest route to achieve said career (and/or how to find free money to fund school if a formal education is needed).

I used to help my students plan their careers because I thought it was fun, but I just realized I could get paid for that so that's something I'm looking into it. Also, being a Life Coach would be fun... I'd probably focus on Health, Fitness and Healthy Living/Eating. Thanks for the idea! I'll look at the links you posted.

LadyLynx,

...am glad you found my post helpful.

Life Coach / Career Coach concurrently!! Sure would help a ton of folks either way.

Sounds like your extremely valuable ability to memorize facts, as you've mentioned, would be an equally beneficial skill set to teach your students, as well.

"Knowledge is not power, applied knowledge is power. Transformation therefore follows action."
Frederick Dodson

.....such power that your grateful students will be very glad to apply, having learned from you how to transform their lives.

I'm looking forward to reading ALL about your successes !!

Reference: http://www.realitycreation.org/capac...-anything.html You have the capacity to learn almost anything
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 20-11-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
In short...the universe is always testing all of us. We are here to learn. When we do not learn certain lessons, we get more tests until we do.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Deactivated Account

In a nutshell, I dont feel the 'Universe' 'tests' us, I think it is simply responding to the vibration we are omitting/sending. Not to mention, nothing can come into your experice 'awareness' without your allowing/consent, both the unwanted and wanted.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:03 AM
Suspended
Guide

I don't know if this will help, but I'll add it just in case it can provide some ideas ...
When I was looking to change my career I worked at a temp agency that sent me to a variety of places ...
I kept being sent to courthouses, I finally had to ask not to be sent to any since I was trying to get out of probation which also meant being away from a courthouse ...
The job I stayed at the longest was at a concrete company ...
I worked w/former math & science teachers who enjoyed their work immensely ...
They weighed, measured & produced coloring to be added into concrete for use in large scale flooring ...
The business across the street worked w/food basically doing the same thing, however, their work was more involved since testing required subjects to consume the product ...
I only learned about that business b/c they were recruiting at my work when 20 of their employees quit after winning a $30 million lottery jackpot ...
If interested in a different sort of change, there are other careers that require your education ...
Good luck ...
Old 09-01-2017, 06:12 AM
Seeker

Awesome to hear about a science/math teacher who engages in the law of attraction, who also has a hands off approach with teaching. I guess you are the only one who can tell whether the universe is testing your will to switch careers or not, but consistency is one of the KEY ingredients to get to where you want... KEEP at it. Because right when you think you've given everything you had and still it ain't working, that's usually when the magic finally happens. Wish you the best!
Old 10-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Pathfinder
Thanks everyone! At this point, I'm just trying to get ANY non-teaching job but no luck thus far, and it's been over a year of looking. :(

Also, I'm still getting a lot of pressure to return to teaching and I don't know why. I'm trying to ignore the job offers (and family members who are passionate about teaching and try to insist that I hop on the bandwagon w/ them) but my savings are dwindling and I need money! ... I'm still keeping the faith so hopefully I will get a full-time job soon.