Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 13-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Taterness

Possibilities

So when I was younger I always just knew I would die in a war zone not like little kids playing soldier in the back yard are anything like that just a feeling that I would die some where shot once in the chest,abdoman, knee and arm. Now I have gotten a little older I actually can feel them a little it isn't like a pain just a pressure that doesn't go away. Also I did the stupid thing and joined the Army and we are deploying in about 7 months. So I got curious and started to do some reading and as it turns out what I decsribed has happened to other people just not normally so far out just a few days a wekk at most.

How likely do yall think my premonitions if you were are actually founded or am I just making myself worry because I am going to be deployed to a combat zone?
Old 13-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Master
It seems pretty common that people, men especially, get these feeings that they're not going to live to see 45 or similar stuff. I don't know what causes it, I think it's psychological because I think that what we choose to believe truly helps shape our 'destinies' as much as anything else...I think they get to fearing about their futures because society has our futures all wrapped in in getting married, working in physical jobs, or stressful jobs or going to war fighting other mens battles, all the negatives just sittingon young men's shoulders so it may be a way of psychological mirage to soften the blow when the worst does happen...

Old 13-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Taterness

Hmmm didn't think of it that way thanks for the help.

Yes that does seem to be about right when I do think about it. No offense to the ladies around but throughout history men were usually called on for the heavy lifting and dangerous jobs. Maybe we trained our brains to expect not to live too long becuase of the dangers we were forced to face on a daily basis.
Old 13-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterness
So when I was younger I always just knew I would die in a war zone not like little kids playing soldier in the back yard are anything like that just a feeling that I would die some where shot once in the chest,abdoman, knee and arm. Now I have gotten a little older I actually can feel them a little it isn't like a pain just a pressure that doesn't go away. Also I did the stupid thing and joined the Army and we are deploying in about 7 months. So I got curious and started to do some reading and as it turns out what I decsribed has happened to other people just not normally so far out just a few days a wekk at most.

How likely do yall think my premonitions if you were are actually founded or am I just making myself worry because I am going to be deployed to a combat zone?
I never heard of anything like that before, actually feeling what you say you always knew.
They could be brought on by a lifelong obsession with the thoughts you have had................right?
I mean right that they COULD be.
Why did you join the army if you think it is stupid?
Can you get out of it?
James
Old 13-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Taterness

Hehe the only way out of the Army is to lose something that makes you combat effective, die, or finish your contract. At the time I joined I thought I was joining something great and will help me out in the long run. Got to my unit and decided I was wrong about that the only thing the army has done so far is get me out of a job I liked, out of a better paycheck, and into more stress. Don't get me wrong it was my fault I can't blaim the army for my misery.

I don't know if I would say obsessed I always just felt like I wa going to die in war it wasn't something that was dreadful just a fact like 2+2=4 it just was no if's ands or buts.
Old 14-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Gosh, Taterness. Sorry you got yourself into a fix. I wish you weren't going. Do you have any friends that you knew previously that are going or joined up at the same time? I've always been a dove not a hawk, plus being a 'girl' I don't have to if I don't want to...ONE good thing about being a girl.

Old 14-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Taterness

hehe I know what you mean drafting would be a lot worse than volunteering I think. But if it is my choice I am coming home to my wife and gettin myself a new degree and a new dog.
Old 14-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Master
That sounds wonderful~defo something to look forward to!
(What happened to the old dog?);o>

Old 14-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Master
Well I've been shot and you wouldn't get me anywhere near there.
Old 14-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Animus27

Have you ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy? Or the attempt at one?