Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 17-02-2013, 10:16 AM
moobesh

Post A new Church or School of thought

Hi Guys,

My name is Ben Im 25 live in the UK and work for a social housing provider. I have since I was around 12 been learning, researching and practicing different spirituality related things. it was all brought on by intense depression and a sort of internal knowing that things weren't as they were meant to be.

Ok so i'll get to it. I have come to the realization that there is place for a new church (I do not like using that term sometimes because how negatively people view the word outside of the Christian faith.) The Church would be an interfaith one, with the goal of providing spiritual and worldly support to people world wide. To Facilitate world political union and provide a group buying power of knowledge, resources and support to those that seek it.

The Church would establish itself as a sovereignty either with or without territory to allow a solid foundation of establishment and would have a variety of different avenues for people to interact and function within the church. i.e. ministry, lay ministry, monasticism (for get the celibacy part) etc... please do not think of current organisations when you read this.

The main tenants of the organisation are:

To promote equality, union and relaxation and enjoyment in life.
To support those seekers in their personal journey
To facilitate world political union
To provide support such as medical, construction etc... to those that need it
To a non authoritative organisation and pool of resources and knowledge.

so to the reason of this Thread, lets discuss it peeps? tell me your concerns and how o refine the concept.

Kindest Regards
Old 18-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Master
Check out the "New Seminary"....its already happening!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Master
Plus check the "One Spirit Interfaith Foundation"....

There are interfaith groups and ministers springing up all over the place.

Old 19-02-2013, 07:02 AM
moobesh

Hey Honza, thanks for your comments they are much appreciated. I am aware of one spirit and am friends with one of its minsters however I'm talking about taking these people and building a sort of organisation to help promote their work around the world
Old 19-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Master
My temple is within, I see no use for a church of any sorts, they only end up being dogmatic and then fundamentalism soon creeps in, its just the human nature.
Old 19-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Master
Then you would end up with two organisations. The interfaith ministers job is to promote their own work around the world. I think interfaith ministers would be capable of managing what you are talking about if there were enough of them.

Old 19-02-2013, 02:22 PM
moobesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
My temple is within, I see no use for a church of any sorts, they only end up being dogmatic and then fundamentalism soon creeps in, its just the human nature.

I do accept that this could be the case, I am thinking along the lines of this being more focused on the support of those seeking their path and also to provide the resources and platform to achieve things such as facilitating world political union.

Interfaith ministry isn't about being an individual and promoting themselves around the world its about being non-denominal which is what I want.
Old 28-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Light Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Check out the "New Seminary"....its already happening!

Honza, I came across an interesting link on the New Seminary! When I have a moment to spare, I'll find it share my thoughts.
Old 29-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobesh
I do accept that this could be the case, I am thinking along the lines of this being more focused on the support of those seeking their path and also to provide the resources and platform to achieve things such as facilitating world political union.

Interfaith ministry isn't about being an individual and promoting themselves around the world its about being non-denominal which is what I want.
Believe me, it will end up organized, and then become dogmatic.
Old 29-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Heart
Honza, I came across an interesting link on the New Seminary! When I have a moment to spare, I'll find it share my thoughts.

Sounds interesting!