Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2005, 05:34 AM
Oath

chaos magick

And Old Point That Bears Repeating
To: zee-list
Subject: It's an old point that bears repeating.
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:59:40 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know much about chaos magic in any academic, I-read-it-in-XXX sense. Here's my recent experience with real chaos magic.

A good friend of mine was in pain, and in an effort to lessen her pain, I "healed" her. Along the lines of an old post Lauranz made entitled Occam's Pot Scrubber, or something similar, I should more rightly say that she reported feeling less pain after I perceived an action on my own part.

We got into a discussion of how I do it. My answer didn't satisfy me, completely, because I'm overly analytical. I told her that I healed because I know it works. That's all.

No paradigm. No invocation. No visualization. I lay on my hands, and I concentrate on the knowledge that it Works, and it Works.

They call it Faith Healing.

I can analyze it. I really can. But my friend made an astoundingly concise and insightful statement that removes my desire to do so: she said, "Steve, it works because it's yours. You didn't read it in a book. It won't fail because you're not doing it Hine's way, or Caroll's way, it will work, because you're doing it your way."

Similarly, her house is "haunted." By this I mean that upon entering a particular room for the first time, I commented that it felt like someone had hung themselves there. They have, or will. Her name is/will be Colleen. The same night, this entity moved into the room we were sitting in, and caused me great discomfort, in addition to lowering the ambient temperature. Rather than invoke some great deity to cast it out, or banish this "ghost," I simply calmed my self inwardly, felt my inner temperature, and concentrated on feeling my temperature rise. I then asked the spirit to bide its time, that the pain it would cause us would in no way lessen its own, and that, in time, I would help it if I could.

Nothing I've read or put supreme effort into has worked. When I want results, I simply focus on what I know is true: that I have a modicum of power within my Self, and that I can use it externally. It is my chi, my Soul, my life force, and my aura.

Chaos magic? This is chaos magic. Chaos magic is doing what works, for you.

Enjoy the story, folks, and I'll be seeing you in your dreams,
Rev.Graves.

MCH(RU) S* W(-) N++++ PCM/NO(++) D A->++ a>++ C*(+++++) G+(++) Q++ Y

I find this quite interesting as I myself am drawn to the "chaos". I practiced magick (the rituals and such) for a time and had a nasty experience with it and am wary of doing most magick again, but I do engage in psychic phenomenea which many consider to be the same. I for one feel that there is a very thin line between what is right and what is wrong in regards to magick. I'm confident that much of it was spawned from satan himself and the rest I am not quite sure of.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:39 PM
sashwah

chaos magick

hi! Newbie here.. I happen to know a number of chaos magicians and am part of a temple which is a working group run by one of them. I find the whole thing unecessary. I have had the opportunity to join the chaos temple but i don't want to. There's no need for an order. It's in your heart. Six month Liber MMM? no thanks! I am in an advanced working group and have never ever needed to join the temple even though the group is run by an elder. We all have the power and all of it works, you just have to understand the dynamics of changing the flow of energy. You are right and so is your friend.. you don't need an order, just your faith. It makes me laugh anyway.. chaos order??? It's a contradiction in terms.. no disrespect to any of the members!!!

:lol: :twisted:
Old 05-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Ramvolk

Fine line

Hello,

My belief on the subject is pretty much the same as both of the previous posts. Although I see and feel an energy that flows threw everything that is matter. Humans have the counsiousness to preceve and control this energy. Terms like magick and religion I have shead because they create feelings of the past experiences we have had. When you are blazing a new trail everything must be defined in a new clean perspective. Otherwise prejustices we hold will be associated in the process.

I beleve that the energy / chi / God / light, what ever name you give it is a force that connects us all. It guides us if we allow it to. As to the devil I know that the energy will give you the face you approach it with. It is dependant on a few key factors. Intention is the first. Picture the desired outcome. Focus and belief are next. Focus provides the direction. Belief give us the power. Doubt will kill the bond and create failure.

This is why I feel that your own way is the best. It is yours. You beleve it works and it does. Most important is that because it is your creation it holds no subconsious ties to evil trends or belief or fears. You create the way with pure intention of help. You beleve you can achive the desired end and you do. It works better because it is meaning full to you.

Matthew T Volk
www.frozenlife.ca
Old 06-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Poppies

Quote:
Here's my recent experience with real chaos magic.

Is it okay if I ask what "chaos magic" is? I've never heard of it before. :)
Old 07-01-2006, 03:26 PM
sashwah

I agree 100% with you Ramvolk. You have to believe in the strength and power of your thoughts.
Poppies, chaos magic is a system of working that incorporates all magical systems throughout the world. They believe that all systems work and that because they are real and alive you can use them. You do not have to be tied to any one magical system such as wicca or paganism, druidry, voodoo... whatever. The power and the energy are real so with concious effort you can use any system to manifest whatever your desires are. Some people think that this means they are black magicians. Not true. They come from all backgrounds and understand the consequences of ill deeds probably more so than most other practioners of one system alone. The friends i have who are in the chaos order are quite remarkable people, all of them being pro active in their lives. It is atounding to see the diversity of their professions and how they conduct themselves in the community. They have powerful personalities and are extremely caring. I do not feel the need to become part of an order as i believe in the power of my desires. My intention is the key... your intention is the key.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Poppies

Thanks for the explanation! :)
Old 08-01-2006, 09:50 AM
sashwah

chaos order

No worries poppies... like your fairies :lol:
Closed Thread