Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-04-2012, 08:58 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Hope this isn't off topic but today heard Knights Templar mentioned in connection with the recent massacres perpetrated by Breivik. Notably, that his far right wing agenda (genocide?) is influenced/drawn from the Knights Templar. Of course he could have wildly misconstrued the beliefs of KT - wondering what others, who know about KT, have to say on this?
I think Breivik would like his murderous crimes to be influenced by or associated with the Knights Templar.The Templars were originally formed to provide protection for Christians wishing to travel on a pilgrimage to the Holy land,no doubt Breivik sees himself as carrying out a similarly noble purpose but I would suggest that connection is purely in his head.
Old 18-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Experiencer
Hi Amy,

I agree completely with n3 and hawkmoth, and was somewhat disturbed when I heard that he claimed to have some linkage to the Templars.

It's interesting to note however that - if I am not mistaken - in the book I mentioned, "The Templar Tradition" by Gaetan DeLaforge, it actually mentions something about there being a branch of Masonry that calls itself "Templar", but is not actually true to the original aims of the order. It goes on to say something about the true Templars being massacred, and those who wanted to bend the ideals to allow for greed and power grabbing taking over the namesake.

I'm not saying at all that the Masons are such an organization or have such an order, or that Breivik was part of it. I am saying that IMHO, if there is some branch of the true order around these days, it would definitely not be an organization that would condone any such act, and not be merely a branch of Masonry. In fact, in the book, it states that the true secret mission of the Templars was nothing short of the complete reunification of the 3 Abrahamic spiritual traditions - Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

This probably sounds weird, but back in '94 (?) I was in a chatroom on the Internet, and 'bumped' into someone with the username of Ursus Blanc. This person seemed to know a little about what I was talking about, and I got the overwhelming sensation that this person was "in the know" - the things he said, and how they resonated with me. Something inside me is once again awakening to the spiritual impulse and as such, I am hoping to run across someone like him again.

In the meantime, I am going to re-read the book and see what I can glean from it at this time so that I can post more pertinent info here. I am hoping that the old adage "seek and ye shall find" will once again manifest in my reality : )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 19-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Master
QK, love the user name btw

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 19-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Experiencer
@TeeHee - thanks for the link, I will check it out.

And Amy, I did a little research today (Google - intense stuff, let me tell ya! Lol), and I was a little disturbed at some of the information I found regarding the organization supposedly created to bring a "rebirth" of the Temple (as in the Templar tradition) in modern times, the "International Order of Chivalry, Solar Tradition". Turns out a bunch of the members supposedly engaged in some pretty horrific acts, including sacrificing a baby (?) and participating in and encouraging mass suicides. At least that's what Wikipedia had to say about it.

Now from my read of the book, that sounds COMPLETELY out of line and character with the ideals the book "The Templar Tradition" describes. I mean, like WAY off base. So I have to wonder if either the people who engaged in those acts were more of the same people who "borrow" the name - much as Breivik did - to justify their deeds. Or perhaps, just as happened back in the 1300's when the Templars were burned at the stake, accused of all sorts of heretical acts, there is some kind of campaign to tarnish the name and keep them wiped out of existence? I know it sounds a little kooky, but after reading that Wikipedia article, it sure seemed like it was more horrific than anything I could imagine a true Knight doing - at least as described in the book.

So I am off to do more investigating, to check out some of the claims on Wikipedia. Not really sure why I am so into this again, but then I wasn't really sure the first time back in '93-'94 either! Perhaps it is my own personal Grail Quest of sorts ; )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 19-04-2012, 09:54 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
@TeeHee - thanks for the link, I will check it out.

And Amy, I did a little research today (Google - intense stuff, let me tell ya! Lol), and I was a little disturbed at some of the information I found regarding the organization supposedly created to bring a "rebirth" of the Temple (as in the Templar tradition) in modern times, the "International Order of Chivalry, Solar Tradition". Turns out a bunch of the members supposedly engaged in some pretty horrific acts, including sacrificing a baby (?) and participating in and encouraging mass suicides. At least that's what Wikipedia had to say about it.

Now from my read of the book, that sounds COMPLETELY out of line and character with the ideals the book "The Templar Tradition" describes. I mean, like WAY off base. So I have to wonder if either the people who engaged in those acts were more of the same people who "borrow" the name - much as Breivik did - to justify their deeds. Or perhaps, just as happened back in the 1300's when the Templars were burned at the stake, accused of all sorts of heretical acts, there is some kind of campaign to tarnish the name and keep them wiped out of existence? I know it sounds a little kooky, but after reading that Wikipedia article, it sure seemed like it was more horrific than anything I could imagine a true Knight doing - at least as described in the book.

So I am off to do more investigating, to check out some of the claims on Wikipedia. Not really sure why I am so into this again, but then I wasn't really sure the first time back in '93-'94 either! Perhaps it is my own personal Grail Quest of sorts ; )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Hi QuanKev,if you're interested in the Templars you might enjoy the novels of Robyn Young,a trilogy of books titled Brethren,Crusade and Requiem.You get a really exciting read and a Templar history lesson rolled into one
Old 20-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Experiencer
Thanks for the tip hawkmoth : ) I'll check them out sometime.

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 21-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Pathfinder

There is a beautiful Templars church on the Island of Malta, the Knights Templars stayed on the island. It might be worth a google lol x
Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Bluegreen

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...stemplar06.htm