Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Create Your Desires
Hey Hey!

I was reading some statistics the other day and it showed me that the fastest growing "religion" is not what you would probably think.

It is "Atheism." I suppose that isn't even a religion really. And that it isn't really a religion is what really says something!

Why do you think that is?
Hello Create Your Desires.
If what you say is true, then egomania is on the rise.
Atheism is the 'disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods'. as quoted from an online dictionary.
In my opinion, this belief points to the resentment of any power higher than self. The epitome of egomania.
This may sound harsh to the atheist's ego, but that is the nature of the ego.
Sorry.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Smile it's just me

When I was young, my mother had us learn about and even study with a lot of different faiths. She wanted us to respect all faiths by learning to understand the whats and whys of how they lived and believed.

BUT...When it came to our own faith, I was really confused! I looked at church as a place where I had to get dressed up in uncomfortable dresses to go to, just to get elbowed by my mother...you see...It was all in Latin, and every time I asked what was being said, she would elbow me and say, Shush! We are in church! I eventually stopped asking her, because I didn't think that even SHE understood what was being said.

Now one might think, that would turn me away from our faith and that I would be drawn into one of the others that I had be learning about. Yet, it did just the opposite! It made me hungry for our Lord. Now I am a Catechism teacher and teach the way I wanted to learn, covering things that I always questioned and I have students that are of different faiths in my class...all my students respect one another and discuss openly the similarities and differences in our beliefs.

Everyone has reasons for the whats and whys of their own beliefs, And IMO, nobody has a right to deny them of doing so.

As for me...I believe in God! As for other religions/beliefs, well all I know is that I will not underestimate my Father. And I believe that HE knows that be it cultural, mental, physical...etc., etc., etc., reasons...everyone learns in different ways, so maybe our Creator of all that is and every shall be, somehow utilizes each of these religions/beliefs, including my own...for an ultimate higher purpose. And it is with that belief, that I am thankful and respect other's beliefs.

I might have been an atheist in a past life for all I know...and the people that are atheists now...well...it's just their turn to learn about it....so basically my opinion is...LOVE, Love it all...life would be boring if we all were the same.

Blessings, Smile
Old 11-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Administrator
The religeon of yesterday is fast disappearing the communities are the same years ago people followed either the christian way or the roman catholic ways,but since immmigration all other faiths came in,spirituality is the fastest growing religeon here,people are looking for something different something that gives them hope. you will always have atheists who believe in no religeon,
years ago i would have been burnt at the stake for being a medium because it was seen as witchcraft. now it is a religeon in its own right,

Namaste
Old 11-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
It's interesting that you looked to religious wisdom to explain your own beliefs. You say "there are truths in religions, but in life sometimes the truths can be bent and twisted to hold people back", which I agree with.

But what are you offering, other than a few new and a few old ideas, bundled together and labelled "Truth", bolded for effect.

Like you suggested yourself, there is already truth in religions, it is how those truths have been used (or interpreted?) that hold people back. Offering new truths isn't necessarily a solution, as people will take these new truths and use them in the same way as the old truth. The New Testament was the new truth to the Old Testament - the merciless God of old was replaced by the forgiving God of the new... and Jesus too had pointed out in no uncertain terms, that the old religion was ruled by men in power. So the 'truth' was changed, but man was not.

My point being, that it isn't the truth that requires change to change the world, it is man. And that begins inside each one of us individuality. Don't tell me the new truth that you believe (and have told me before - as religions before have told people), show me the newness in man.

There is truth in religions, as to we are the fallen Ivy. We are the fallen, every single ancient culture states this we are in a fallen state, and we have been manipulated in this state via many mechanism's including religion. A easy way to manipulate somebody is to give them some truth, and then give them something else and invert information. This is psychological and spiritual ware fare Ivy (That's what religion does). Religion as a whole is a business on its last legs, but like any good business new marketing strategies have been used throughout time. Some people call this in religious circles reforms, and some religions are better at this than others. Don't be so naive Ivy, mankind's awareness has been growing throughout time and religion as a business has had to keep reforming to accommodate. They had to keep making the box they keep people in psychologically and spiritually bigger and bigger........and i believe we are approaching some sort of tipping point.

Why on earth are human beings with so much potential, bending down on their knee's to afew people/elite in power..? if they are told to jump, they ask how high..? told you to kill, they ask how many.? that's some history for you, that's religion, its has been good at what it does. I believe we are in a fallen state, and we have forgotten who we are.....

Ivy why does religion have to be replaced with something...? Come on Ivy, the world is bigger than just earth. I have just stated that spirituality/metaphysics will replace spiritually, which is not really a religion its just opening our minds and learning about ourselves and the universe. All religions have really done is take bits and bobs of spiritual information, twisted it and package it to make a impression upon different people.

We have forgotten who we are in this fallen state, but slowly but surely we are starting to remember! but it will be battle.

Relax, enjoy yourself.....it's a great time to be alive.

Last edited by MIND POWER : 11-04-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
There is truth in religions, as to we are the fallen Ivy. We are the fallen, every single ancient culture states this we are in a fallen state, and we have been manipulated in this state via many mechanism's including religion. A easy way to manipulate somebody is to give them some truth, and then give them something else and invert information. This is psychological and spiritual ware fare Ivy (That's what religion does). Religion as a whole is a business on its last legs, but like any good business new marketing strategies have been used throughout time. Some people call this in religious circles reforms, and some religions are better at this than others. Don't be so naive Ivy, mankind's awareness has been growing throughout time and religion as a business has had to keep reforming to accommodate. They had to keep making the box they keep people in psychologically and spiritually bigger and bigger........and i believe we are approaching some sort of tipping point.

Why on earth are human beings with so much potential, bending down on their knee's to afew people/elite in power..? if they are told to jump, they ask how high..? told you to kill, they ask how many.? that's some history for you, that's religion, its has been good at what it does. I believe we are in a fallen state, and we have forgotten who we are.....

Ivy why does religion have to be replaced with something...? Come on Ivy, the world is bigger than just earth. I have just stated that spirituality/metaphysics will replace spiritually, which is not really a religion its just opening our minds and learning about ourselves and the universe. All religions have really done is take bits and bobs of spiritual information, twisted it and package it to make a impression upon different people.

We have forgotten who we are in this fallen state, but slowly but surely we are starting to remember! but it will be battle.

Relax, enjoy yourself.....it's a great time to be alive.

Ivy why does religion have to be replaced with something...? Come on Ivy, the world is bigger than just earth. I have just stated that spirituality/metaphysics will replace spiritually

It feels rather like you are talking to someone else because it's not me that has suggested replacing religion with something, that was (and is) you. What I see, is that you are using certain techniques to persuade me that 'we are fallen,' and are imprisoned (why not fallen as seeds?).

I'm probably more experienced than most in seeing first hand how 'spirituality' can be used to manipulate in the same way as religions have. So no, I'm not naïve.

I look at the techniques being used and see just how similar men remain when putting over their own truths.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Ivy why does religion have to be replaced with something...? Come on Ivy, the world is bigger than just earth. I have just stated that spirituality/metaphysics will replace spiritually

It feels rather like you are talking to someone else because it's not me that has suggested replacing religion with something, that was (and is) you. What I see, is that you are using certain techniques to persuade me that 'we are fallen,' and are imprisoned (why not fallen as seeds?).

I'm probably more experienced than most in seeing first hand how 'spirituality' can be used to manipulate in the same way as religions have. So no, I'm not naïve.

I look at the techniques being used and see just how similar men remain when putting over their own truths.

Those that embrace spirituality and follow some master or guru (Religiously), of course they can be manipulated because people have intentions maybe. But i am not coming at it from that perspective, nobody is my master and you should not have a master ether.

Are you comfortable with that Ivy..? well you should be. Because essentially in my opinion spirituality/metaphysics i think needs you to be a leader for yourself, but with dignity for yourself and respect for others!

You know yourself better than anybody.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Those that embrace spirituality and follow some master or guru (Religiously), of course they can be manipulated because people have intentions maybe. But i am not coming at it from that perspective, nobody is my master and you should not have a master ether.

Are you comfortable with that Ivy..? well you should be. Because essentially in my opinion spirituality/metaphysics i think needs you to be a leader for yourself, but with dignity for yourself and respect for others!

You know yourself better than anybody.

I know that. But then why are you telling me what to believe (fallen) and what I should be?

Do you see My point?
Old 12-04-2015, 07:26 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
I think religion as a whole is on its way out, its a business
that's on its last legs.
Well, said...yes...:nodding:

Btw, you say 'fallen'...I say 'separated'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
I know that. But then why are you telling me what to believe (fallen) and what I should be?

Do you see My point?

You know yourself better than me, so be whatever you want! why are you asking me..? be your own master. I was just stating that from my belief, we are in a fallen state, and i have come to that decision through research and my own intuition. I am just telling you, what i believe about religion and where it's going from my perspective (It's on its last legs as a business). You may see things differently, from your perspective and fair play.

Be your own master, and enjoy yourself.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, said...yes...:nodding:

Btw, you say 'fallen'...I say 'separated'.

Very nice Miss Hepburn, how are you feeling today..?