Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Experiencer

I'll try to explain this the best way I can, of what I'm learning from my meditations.

The neck is connected to the ears, jaws, and the spinal chords, and they get locked by awkward movements.

The most gentle way of the neck exercises, is rotating the head in circles. the other is stretching the neck to the 4 directions one at a time, slowly applying pressure, and learning to breath through it. The breath can either be by through the nose or mouth.

The left/right side direction, apply pressure, by stretching the neck to either side, for a few minutes. Try to focus on the breath, and find your breathing pattern.

Looking at the bottom direction, you put your chin down to your chest, and apply pressure, like doing a stomach crunch. Again focus on the breath, and when the head lifts up, at times there will be a rush of cool energy flowing up through the body, and into the head. Also this applies to looking left/right direction, from the bottom looking sides, like trying to peek up under something.

Looking up is the most painful, and feel like it can do some damage to the spine, so be cautious. The spine can literally lock up and paralyze you, and need to find a way to unlock it. As it happened to me many times. Just start off slowly by bending the neck upward, and remember about the breath, and slowly apply pressure, just enough to get the breath through. After awhile doing this, the back starts to arch backward and feels like your head is ripping off. But boy does it get the energy flowing to the head minus the blood flowing.

I noticed many benefits from doing this, I hear different tones in my voice, especially during mantras. Ears are more sharper, and probably more receptive on picking up on audio messages from our higher guides. Back is definitely more agile. I almost forgot the throat also governs the shoulders, arms, and hands. by those exercises I explained up above will increase the energy and blood circulation to these parts also, and open them up. Drawing, writing, playing music instruments, as the neck is all about ways of communicating. The more agile the neck is to see at different view points, the 3rd eye will also follow.

Hope some of this helped, and the exercises only has to be practiced once or twice a week. The neck area is where our Angels fly, and our hearts amplifier and the gateway to our higher realms.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Medicine_Dog

Owls are masters of deception, they do not make any noise during flight thereby deceiving their prey. Hence owl feathers where prevalently used as fletching for arrows. Some tribes believed witch doctors would take the shape of an owl, only people with owl medicine could know the difference(a "false" owl only hoots once, a "real" owl always hoots back and forth between its mate).

Because of the owl's constant alertness-- it sees and hears all, often seeing behind the scenes and hearing more than was said. Certain traits vary amongst subspecies for example:

The Horned Owl has a poor sense of smell, ask a skunk..

Most owls are associated with clairvoyant/clairaudient ability's and therefore have a mystical association. Wisdom is another keyword-- illuminating darkness with their keen sight; Owls are knowers..

Each owl hoots different so you can determine the species by sound alone..

Whoo hoo hooo !! (Horned Owl hoot)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Master

Deception - that's interesting, if only, I've never been able to deceive. I get too much of the guilt feeling and am a rubbish liar!

Knowers, clairvoyant and Clairaudient - yes those are becoming clearer to me. Things I need to work on.

Hearing more than what was said, yes that's been something that's been an issue in my life - I receive an email and I hear the energy or the meaning behind the words which can present a real problem.

WmBuzz71 - thanks for the neck exercises - yes I need to open up my throat chakra - which will come from opening up my heart. But to get the blood circulating around there will be great.

Thank you both.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Medicine_Dog

@Belle

I might add that being a master of deception doesn't just make them deceivers; they also see through others deception. Kinda like "you can't deceive a deceiver"..
Old 03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Master

ah - interesting. I need to work on that area of deception however, it would be great to be a master. I know exactly what you mean, you see in someone else what you have in yourself. It's a word I've always found interesting but I think I'm easily drawn in and "deceived".

I'm enjoying this owl journey.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
ah - interesting. I need to work on that area of deception however, it would be great to be a master. I know exactly what you mean, you see in someone else what you have in yourself. It's a word I've always found interesting but I think I'm easily drawn in and "deceived".

I'm enjoying this owl journey.

You don't have to become a deceiver to raise your awareness of those who deceive,,,

It is potentially in all,,, it's just some decide to follow it,,, while others are easily led by it,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Master

Yes sorry Jo - you are absolutely right that you don't have to be a deceiver to a see another, however, the number of people who manage to outsmart me, I'm so easily drawn in.

That said, there was a moment today where I thought - yikes - as I met someone who I deemed remarkably tricky. I spoke to some other colleagues who have known her for years and they don't trust her an inch. Hm. Who to trust.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Yes sorry Jo - you are absolutely right that you don't have to be a deceiver to a see another, however, the number of people who manage to outsmart me, I'm so easily drawn in.

That said, there was a moment today where I thought - yikes - as I met someone who I deemed remarkably tricky. I spoke to some other colleagues who have known her for years and they don't trust her an inch. Hm. Who to trust.

Plain and simply Belle,,, YOU!!

Trust that you're where you are, walking the path you are, meeting who you're meant to and nothing else will matter,,,

So what, if you trust someone and they turn away from you,,, so what if you're judgement turns out to be slightly skew whiff,,,

What's meant to be will be,,, and if it isn't, it won't be,,,

The only thing you'll ever look back on is experiences

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 06-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Master

Aw that's lovely thanks Saggi!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Kotori

I chose the user name "Kotori" because the owl was showing up so much in my life. Kotori in Native American (Hopi) means screech owl spirit. It's a masculine name, but I don't care, I like it.