Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Pathwalker

Love and Freedom

Hello everyone, i hope all is well with you all!
In this post i'm going to explain, from my perspective the nature of true love and freedom. Many of us can go through our lives without really feeling the nature of true love in their lives. I don't speak of the love that exists within families necessarily as many of us know that although we love our families, it is more of a conditioned love, constructed to preserve the family's structural integrity. Although this isn't the case with all families, i propose to you the reader that there is a love far greater than what we have come to experience as love, it has many names but during this post, i will refer to it as; true, unconditional and Divine love.

So where does this leave us then you may be saying, if the love i have for my family isn't true love, then what is it? My answer to this is that although it is in a less concentrated form, familial love is still a part of true love, in fact everything is. As i have explained in a previous post, anything in the dualistic world, be it love or hate boils down to only one force, that of unconditioned love. I don't expect all of u to understand or respect this notion, and of course that is your choice: the obvious problem with this is that if love and hate are a duality, then what about the dualistic counterpart of true love being unconditional hate? The truth is that the terms, true love, unconditional love and Divine love are mere descriptors to the true state within and beyond duality and as they are bound by language, their intellectual properties are therefore bound by duality too and cannot be understood unless experienced.

Okay so now that the semantics have been dealt with, i'd like to move now to how true love may be experienced within our lives. I have been quite fortunate in that i have met a wonderous human being to which i can love unreservedly and unconditionally which has truly given me the opportunity to build on my experiences in the realm of love. And whilst this doesn't make me an expert by any means, it has given me greater insight into my own pathway to unconditional love.

There were only really two main things that i had to come to grips with before i was able to experience unconditional love in my life. The first of which was to get out of my head and get into my heart. By this i mean, i had to stop attaching myself to my thoughts as "my own" and start treating my heart as the centre of my being. After a while of practicing this, during meditiation and through my everyday life i found that it had become an automatic instinct of mine to run away into my head which had truly created a messy situation in there. Fortunately the heart became my sanctuary and over time, i have since learnt that thoughts do not occur in the head as i had believed for so long, rather they occur both inside and outside our bodies, almost like a sphere of thought energy. I believe that in this modern society of ours there is so much obsessive and unnecessary thinking due to the beliefs that we are our thoughts and our thoughts are confined within our heads. From my perspective, neither are the case and with this perspective comes the opportunity for freedom and to experience Divine love.

The second thing i had to come to terms with is the idea of freedom, or rather renouncing my control over others, and myself. In my experience, it is our human nature and conditioned way to attempt to control our experiences. We walk through our life, clinging to the predictable and fearing the unexpected as a threat to ourselves. Through living through the heart, i realised how often that i was mostly unconsciously attempting to control situations and people to suit my own agenda. Previously i was quite convinced that i was the least controlling guy around, but the truth can hit you like a ton (or tonne) of bricks! So the next logical step for me was to relinquish this unconscious control by saying to myself, let them be free. It was my own personal mantra and by doing this at first i felt like i was choking, like i couldn't survive without latching onto something stable, but when i did this and stayed in the heart, something amazing began to happen. I could feel my grip loosening on the world, not only on everyone and everything else, but also on myself. By allowing all to be free and accepting all as it is, i found that my heart was spontaneously illuminated and i found my heart embracing all. When this happens, there is no mistaking it, it is Divine love as one feels both in sync with the Divine and also an agent of the Divine. We can wait for our whole lives for the Divine to come and touch us, or we can find the Divine within and touch the world.

Truly living in the heart and walking the path of Divine love is our collective destiny.

On another quick note, experiencing unconditional love also opened me up to another notion which i'd like anyone to feel free to comment on. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Archangels, but apparently when we call to them, they can exist in more than one place at the same time. When i am in tune with Divine love, i feel that this is actually possible through love as true love is all-pervading and burdened by nothing. Tell me what you think!
Take care all!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Wind of Grace

Color Wow !!!!!!! What An Awesome Quote !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathwalker

We can wait for our whole lives for the Divine to come and touch us, or we can find the Divine within and touch the world.

Dear Pathwalker

That has to be one of the most amazing quotes that I've ever read !!!!!!

If you like, you could include it in the "Create your own Quotations" section of the forum. It is found under the Spiritual Development section. It would be a truly fantastic addition to the thread if you choose to add it in

A true pleasure to read, thank you xo .....

Love & Hugs to you xo.... Wind of Grace
Old 03-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Pathwalker

Hey Wind of Grace,
thanks so much for the kind words. I actually wrote that post on my own website a fair time ago and posted it here to kick off more discussions. And upon reading the quote i'd forgotten i'd written that. I believe i will take your advice and post in that thread too!
Many thanks
Pathwalker
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 AM
kundalini

Hi Pathwalker,

That was an absolutely inspired post. There is much truth in your words here and I just want to thank you for posting this here. I will also add that it is true that your thoughts are not in your head and indeed it would be better to say that they are in and around your body. All of your thoughts are within your aura and to wherever you project them.

K.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Pathwalker

Wow, everyone is so nice on this website, i'm going to get such a big ego if i'm not careful! Yes Kundalini i do view thoughts as not stuck within our own head, i like to think about it as (not my own idea mind you) a big collective thought sphere where we can pick up on everyone's past and present thoughts. Having this perspective has helped me come such a long way in letting go of negative thought forms as they are treated as 'not-self', also this perspective give way to another insight which is that the notion of self is nothing more than a bundle of thoughts. Well this is the way it worked out in my life, i'm sure there are a world of different takes on these ideas.
Thanks for thanking me kundalini, but really it was my pleasure!
Pathwalker
Old 03-04-2007, 01:44 PM
kundalini

Hi Pathwalker,

Well, the perspective you are talking about there seems to serve you well and it's very interesting to read of such a perspective. K.
Closed Thread