Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 05-10-2017, 05:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Want to See Auras

So, I think I've only really truly seen an aura once. I was 8 or 9, at my then-bestie's house. Her mom was a witchy woman. She stood next to a white wall and had us tell her what colour her aura was. My friend and I both shouted "green!" after a few seconds at the same time. I haven't had an experience quite like that since.

I think I'm more of a physical intuitive than I admit to myself. The destruction of our Earth pains me in such a peculiar way. I also recently discovered I'm a pretty gifted energy worker! I also feel very connected to fire (duh. Maybe it's an Aries thing).

Am I resigned to feeling auric energies, but not seeing them? I such a visually imaginative person that I'm sad I don't see them much. Or maybe I do, but on non-physical level. What say you???
Old 06-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Me too

In the past I have also seen auras, but not recently. I did get away from my spiritual studies for awhile. Like you, I would love some tips on how to practice or hone this skill again.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Pathfinder
Well... it comes down to need and ability. The desire to see energy could be for mixed reasons.

I always found looking at the silhouette around trees or the tops of trees a great place to start. The tops of the trees with the silhouette on a clear sky.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Knower

I heard if you stare at your hand in front of a white background and just relax and stare you will start to see your aura. It worked for me but I have not been able to go beyond that but I have not tried beyond that.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Master
Hi.

Interesting topic littlefirefairy,

I am aware you are speaking of seeing auras in the physical sense here.

Likewise I have only really seen the aura physically once. My brother's, merely while I was trying to develop the skill. I found it to be better to focus my eyesight on the outer edges of his silhouette. Not directly on the body but in the area of space right around it. I have not had much success sense but do not practice this often as well.

I have more-so been trying to see chakras in the mind's eye, and I wonder if it is possible to see an aura in this way? In the mind's eye?

Thanks for the techniques Roxane and Rise and Shine.

I will be trying both of them when I start to practice again.

Blessings.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Pathfinder
Guys,

a lot of techniques on the internet describe that in order to see aura with physical eyes one needs to stare, stop blinking and focus on the silhouette. I was one of those who tried it and yes, at first, after some minutes, something started appearing next to the images I was staring at and it had some colour as well.

However, later I found out it had been definitely not an aura.
The aura is an energy field of the object emitting around it.
Does the plastic object has an aura?
When you stare at its silhouette, you will start seeing something.
In reality, it cannot be aura, as plastic things do not emit any energy, they are not made of living substance in comparison to humans, animals and plants.

When I studied this subject more, I found out that what we actually see around the objects when we stare at them, were so called "after images". Colours which are negative (inverted) to the colours of an actual object. That's why around green plants you tend to see magenta like colour. More on this topic you can find on Wikipedia when you put Afterimage in the search.

I am not saying that aura doesn't exist though, I met people who could actually see it, but all of them had it like a skill they had been born with and nobody had used the described procedure to awaken this ability.

I would also like to add that such a technique (when you have to stare for prolonged period of time without blinking) might in the long term harm your eyes, as the upper layer (epitelium cells) of the eyes needs to be watered regularly by blinking in order you don't develop a dry eye syndrome.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urfus
Guys,

a lot of techniques on the internet describe that in order to see aura with physical eyes one needs to stare, stop blinking and focus on the silhouette. I was one of those who tried it and yes, at first, after some minutes, something started appearing next to the images I was staring at and it had some colour as well.

However, later I found out it had been definitely not an aura.
The aura is an energy field of the object emitting around it.
Does the plastic object has an aura?
When you stare at its silhouette, you will start seeing something.
In reality, it cannot be aura, as plastic things do not emit any energy, they are not made of living substance in comparison to humans, animals and plants.

When I studied this subject more, I found out that what we actually see around the objects when we stare at them, were so called "after images". Colours which are negative (inverted) to the colours of an actual object. That's why around green plants you tend to see magenta like colour. More on this topic you can find on Wikipedia when you put Afterimage in the search.

I am not saying that aura doesn't exist though, I met people who could actually see it, but all of them had it like a skill they had been born with and nobody had used the described procedure to awaken this ability.

I would also like to add that such a technique (when you have to stare for prolonged period of time without blinking) might in the long term harm your eyes, as the upper layer (epitelium cells) of the eyes needs to be watered regularly by blinking in order you don't develop a dry eye syndrome.

Very interesting what you write here.

Thank you for that.

Has anyone experienced or have had experiences with seeing the aura in a mind's eye manner?

I wonder if one were to see an aura of another how this could be confirmed?

That is not to say the aura does not exist- I believe it possible, but wonder how one goes about seeing it?

Perhaps we are looking at the aura in the physical sense a bit much. Perhaps what the aura truly is, is the energy imprint of an individual, animal.

That is to say perhaps it is that energy we are able to pick up on when we read for individuals whether by tarot- clairvoyance and other clairs- etc?

I mean in example if anyone has ever tried reading for an individual they have not met with whatever technique perhaps when we pick up on the general characteristics and traits of another in such a manner- perhaps we are really obtaining information from the aura?

A few thoughts throwing out there. Wonder if anyone else can relate.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Master
I used to see auras when I was younger. I just thought people were all different colors, then a decidedly traumatic event had me shut my gifts down. I can see some of them now, yet the most simple way to tap into this is as Saturnine says using the minds eye. If your psychic muscle is in tune and you are able to tap into this, then the aura too can be viewed in this way.

It takes a bit of getting used to in some ways because the adult mind (ego) wants to think that it is making it up. However you are not and you will be more than correct.

Also look at children's drawings, they often draw auras of people as opposed to the people ...
Old 06-11-2017, 01:19 AM
Experiencer
Yes, you can learn to see auras though it is much easier to see another person’s. I was taught to do so by having another person stand in front of a white wall. You don’t want the person to stand where there is direct sunlight on the wall. Have them stand at least a foot away from the wall. You should be standing maybe 6 or more feet away from them. When you are looking for their aura, you want to look directly past the person to the wall. On the other hand, your vision should be focused on the perimeter of their body. Just keep looking at the wall, keep your eyes relaxed. Don’t stare. Give it a moment and the aura will appear. However, don’t look at the aura directly. Once you do that, the aura will disappear. You can find another person to also look for the aura that way you can confirm the colors that you see. To look for your own aura, you will need to be in front of a large mirror.
Old 29-03-2018, 05:16 AM
Seeker

I've been recently trying to see aura's also too. I've seen it a few times accidental, but never when I wanted to. I've seen white, purple and a black (that was freaky).