Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-10-2017, 02:35 AM
Newbie ;)

Why don't Christians believe in PURGATORY?

If you are a Catholic then you believe in purgatory, a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to heaven. Why don't Christians believe in this?
Old 01-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualNovice
If you are a Catholic then you believe in purgatory, a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to heaven. Why don't Christians believe in this?

Catholics are Christians.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Experiencer
In school the religion teacher taught us about purgatory and I know it was taught also in school.

I guess it is actually a christian thing
Old 02-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Yer its a very weird idea.. Supposedly a place to go to work through our "final purification" - but yet - isnt that what Earth life is for .??...go figure..

Apparantly - its like a "Heavens Lobby" lol - where "good Souls" go to escape any negative influences here as they work through their final stages...Hmmm - its an "scape clause" for those who don't feel they will be able to cut in here in the real world...This "god" takes them to purgatory before they get too spoiled as simply they are not strong enough to make it without this extra help - like they get a free pass in the Ascention game that we are all playing and so they don't have to go through the sh&t the rest of us have to...

I wouldn't be at all suprsed - if it was INVENTED - made up - to protect the likes of catholic paedophile priests and similar - SUPPOSED to be good Souls - but cant quite cut it here in the real world - yet the religion cant just confess and say they have blatant evil in their midst - so instead they invent this "sin bin" stop gap purgatory to place the borderline cases and give them one last chance to repent FREE from mortal temptation as they are WEAK Souls who cannot really cut it here by their own merits...

Yer for sure its some kind of smoke and mirrors thing to hide their mortal failings... You know - a priest is SUPOSED to be Holy - they are SUPPOSED to be SAVED and BEYOND EVIL INFLUENCE (which is what its al about saving the eternal Soul) lol - and yet they CONTINUE to do evil things HERE on Earth - so to cover this failing the catholics made up this "last chance hotel" lol and say such individuals are special cases deserving "special judgement"....lol...

Alongside this - rather strange - these Souls re to be PUNISHED - but not the "eternal punishment" of hell lol - no - see these souls in purgatory are supposedly ALREADY FORGIVEN THEIR SINS - are NEARLY perfect - and yet, even though they ARE FORGIVEN ALREADY - STILL this god is going to PUNISH them regardless !!! WHAT then is the truth of this FORGIVENESS from this god, we should ask..??.... Simply - you do NOT administer any "punishment" for a supposed crime you have ALREADY forgiven - and if you DO go ahead and punish, then surely your act of "forgiving them" MEANT NOTHING AT ALL !!! Its a sham start to finish - whatever is needed they invent...

Literally Folks - THEY MAKE IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG !!! They are SUPPOSED to be CHRISTIAN - actually FOLLOWING CHRIST - and yet - they mostly ignore pretty much everything HE taught - and instead bring in things that He never mentions at all !! Literally as said they MAKE IT ALL UP to suit their agenda - and that agenda is to hold you all dominated and captive To them..

Now Christ Himself NEVER mentions any such purgatory condition - and indeed told them all in Thomas original gospel that their ideas and accepted truths about the after life WERE ENTIRELY WRONG.. He spoke of the god Yhvh and ITS heavens, which is what they had as "ultimate truth" - but Christ said these things were false and would PASS AWAY to reveal a NEW HEAVEN and a NEW SPIRIT that none had ever known before....

And this is WHY there are so many conflicting beliefs - simply because the catholics and the bible that is foundation for ALL Christian religion, is actually entirely a bogus man made sham forced upon the world with intent ot bring us under their control with all this fearmongering threats of damnation...SOME Christians ARE willing to LISTEN TO CHRIST - and DO TRY to follow what HE said - others though are fully duped by the RELIGION and its MANIPULATION - and so its really a case of WHO do you TRUST - Christ or religious authority..??.. Its rare that they agree in actual truth...

Trust Christ - He will tell you repeatedly and often to come right away from that religion altogether turn from it entirely and have no part with it at all - DAMN those Pharisees - deceive you ON PURPOSE He actually warned - you must "hate your parents" - their ways tradtions and "spiritual truths" - again - they MISLEAD you He warned it is all DECEPTION - He KNEW what would be done in his name, and already gave the true Christian ample warning to have no part of this religious mockery - for those with ears to hear..
Old 02-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Master
Where did the doctrine of purgatory come from?

The ancient Greeks believed in Limbo and purgatory. Influenced by Greek philosophy, Clement of Alexandria asserted that the dead could be cleansed of sin by a purifying fire. However, it was Pope Gregory the Great who stressed the fire of purgatory as a matter of unquestioned belief, according to*The History of Christian Doctrines.This reference work adds that Gregory, who was pope from 590 to 604*C.E., “is usually called ‘the inventor of purgatory.’” The Catholic Church defined its official teaching of purgatory at the councils of Lyons (1274) and Florence (1439) and reaffirmed it at the Council of Trent in 1547.

Hope I don't go there for posting this
Old 02-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Sky; Well if thats the way it works then surely Im off straight to "hell" without even a trial - Self confessed heretic I surely am...lol.. Do not pass Go do not collect $200 lol - after all - it IS a game and they invent the rules as they go along...they think they indeed have a "Spiritual Monopoly" ad tried to force it upon everyone else - simply change it or add to it whenever necessary - even forget some bits entirely when its no longer useful (homosexuals come to mind there and modern u turn in acceptance)..

No matter what aspect or doctrine we look at with this religion, we soon see - if we look honestly - that is all based entirely on deceit and manipulation of truth...
Old 02-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Origine
Hi Folks..

Sky; Well if thats the way it works then surely Im off straight to "hell" without even a trial - Self confessed heretic I surely am...lol.. Do not pass Go do not collect $200 lol - after all - it IS a game and they invent the rules as they go along...they think they indeed have a "Spiritual Monopoly" ad tried to force it upon everyone else - simply change it or add to it whenever necessary - even forget some bits entirely when its no longer useful (homosexuals come to mind there and modern u turn in acceptance)..

No matter what aspect or doctrine we look at with this religion, we soon see - if we look honestly - that is all based entirely on deceit and manipulation of truth...

Purgatory and hell brought in lotssssss of money for the ' Holy ' coffers don't forget Ab, you paid the Priests/ Bishops on your deathbed to absolve you from your sins so you had a one way ticket straight to heaven.... omg and people still believe this.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Folks..

There is nothing down for you, you have a special place reserved, your name is on the piece of hot coal you'll be sitting on
Old 02-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Hi Folks..

I wonder , are you sure you're with the true Jesus? Or someone who like to turn Christianity the other way round? If you're with Christians then whatever about Christian later development or on going development are you authorized to argue with them? Whatever they do Jesus in heaven or in spiritual realm can see by himself. And it's the authority of that organization to handle all the matters. So are you one that can utter the change?

Not all Christians are following that way of practice and there's nothing wrong if this purgatory is added or without it. Just think this way, anyone can cheat themselves but they can't cheat God Jehovah and Jesus. Human sin is not saying can be erased so easily by themselves or other means or unless by Jesus nailed on the cross that "kill" all the sin that can purelify all sins. And that is the important why he can forgive other's sin. He's the authority of forgiven of sin then for those who cheating themselves by whatever ways is futile.

If you think this religion is deceiving then no one will force you to following it. That's fair for all. you're free to believe who's good or real. No one will force you to do anything you dislike or not believe is good.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Sky;
Quote:
There is nothing down for you, you have a special place reserved, your name is on the piece of hot coal you'll be sitting on

Damn !! You mean I didn't get an invite to "heaven"..??..lol... I cant go party with Yhvh and the happy clappy christains..??..lol..He don't want ME there - too scared I will reveal him for the charlatan he surely is - when I die he will reinforce the guard on the gates and double his personal bodyguard - don't let that Pete come here he says, he WILL challenge me for sure !! and look, he doesn't have a leg to stand on and he knows it...lol...he probably make me immortal and trap me down here again just so he can avoid me...lol..

Lucky for me though - old Yhvh AINT IN CHARGE ANY MORE - my friend Christ took over the reins here, and He ALWAYS has my back... I DO indeed have a special place reserved my friend - already fully know my destiny - its a little different to the rest, but that's because CHRIST truth is stamped on my Soul.. I will be one of that group that suddenly appear in Yhvhs heavens with Christ at the end times - none there will know who we are, where we came from - we will sing them a new song learned from Christ directly, a song that they themselves do not know and cannot learn, and they will all be bewildered just as it says in their bible - who are these newcomers they say ?? - the TRUE Elect who listened to Christ always - those with ears to hear