Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 29-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Reiki for children?

Hi,

I am wondering has anyone experience in giving Reiki to children? I have Reiki 1 and 2 and enjoy giving Reiki to myself, friends and family. My son is 11 and I would love to give some Reiki to him. I know he would benefit from it greatly but my Reiki teacher always stressed the fact that kids are so much more sensitive than adults therefore you should only give small bouts of Reiki to them. But the small bouts dont seem to be enough to really help him become calmer, sleep better etc. And I find I am worried that something might happen if I give him too much....

Anyone with any experience or insight into Reiki for kids?

Thank you in advance, have a wonderful day

Christiane
Old 29-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiane
Hi,

I am wondering has anyone experience in giving Reiki to children? I have Reiki 1 and 2 and enjoy giving Reiki to myself, friends and family. My son is 11 and I would love to give some Reiki to him. I know he would benefit from it greatly but my Reiki teacher always stressed the fact that kids are so much more sensitive than adults therefore you should only give small bouts of Reiki to them. But the small bouts dont seem to be enough to really help him become calmer, sleep better etc. And I find I am worried that something might happen if I give him too much....

Christiane

I give Reiki to my 8 and 10 year olds all the time. Mainly I find their bowels move really well afterwards and sometimes they seem to release some emotional baggage but otherwise they are fine.

I once gave reiki to my 12 year old niece as she was experiencing really bad migraines. Due to the release process, she ended up with a severe rebound migraine a few days later. It scared the **** out of me and I never wanted to do it to her again. However, I was reassured that this was all a part of the process, and it was ok. I invested in some gemstones to assist with migraines so I could preform further healing on her and have a little reassurance that her symptoms wouldn't be as bad.

While I agree that children are more energy sensitive, I feel that in my experience it seems that only means they don't need sessions as long as adults, and not that they will experience worse effects.

I feel as though you should try not to give the idea of "causing him harm" too much of your thought energy. Just ensure that when you connect to the reiki energy, you ensure that you are giving intent for the reiki to be used "for the highest good of all", and follow your intuition as far as how much is enough for him and how often he needs it. It might be hard to keep your "mom intentions" separate from the reiki at first, but it should get easier with time. :)
Old 29-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for your reply good to hear that you are giving Reiki to your boys and just go with your intuition.
When I re-read my post I realized as well how I pointed out that I dont want to harm my child...I guess because my teacher made a point of that during training. Again and again lol.
Scary story about the migrane in your niece but yes it makes complete sense for this to be part of the healing process. You probably helped her a lot.
Thanks again I really think I had a bit of mummy blockage going on here so different when it is a friend you are giving Reiki too:)You really encouraged me!
Old 30-01-2017, 03:17 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiane
Hi,

Christiane

Hi Christiane,

My son has several disabilities and requires MRI's every 3-6 months. When I learned how serious one of his disabilities was, I got certified in Reiki in 2013. I am a Reiki master now and I have received some wonderful messages from Spirit when giving Reiki to others.

Due to these disabilities, I have to give him Reiki when he is sleeping, as he is very sensitive to the energy. I usually wake up between 5:30 and 6:30. I will give him a five minute session about 3-4 times per week. I know that the reiki is doing its thing, as his legs will tremble after about a minute of reiki.

One message I received about two months ago was to eat a piece of fresh fruit prior to giving him reiki, as it would raise my vibration to its highest, as my body was refreshed from sleep and I had nothing in my stomach. (So, now I keep a piece of fresh fruit on my nightstand, so when I get ready to do reiki upon waking.)

My reiki was sooo powerful! And I only had to do it for a few minutes. And I decided to do distant reiki on some friends and family while I was at it. I could instantly feel where there was pain in the body. I would confirm it with my friends the next day. They were shocked that I had picked up on things that they hadn't mentioned to others.

Reiki has been wonderful for my son, in regards to his health. My best advice I could offer you is keep pure intentions and let the reiki do its thing. Trust the reiki.

I hope this helps.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 30-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Deactivated Account

I would do it for my son at night before sleep (age 6). I would put my hand on his back which was more soothing for him. It helped him get to sleep a lot sooner and calmer during a challenging period in our family.

I have taken a break from them. I am trying not to over smother my son which can be easy to do at his age so I have stopped for now. If he seems off, or about to get sick than I follow that instict to practice. I am trying to let him be more independent.. Big mamas boy my son

Have you introduced meditation/breathing techniques to him? Something to look into, it could offer calmness/healing all while he remains sovereignty over his own body. I introduced short sessions of mediation to my 8 year old, calm her temper tantrums.
Old 30-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Master

I do energy work on my kids. I have done it on other kids. Some kids are more sensitive then others and it works better on kids who are more sensitive for sure. I always can sense energetically when to stop after something is healed.