Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 13-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Threatened Withholding Certificate

Have you had a teacher that you just don't seem to mix with well?

Well.... In my course work, several times throughout the session, I was threatened that I would not receive my certificate for my position on aspects of a topic.

My first Reiki course was about 15 hours across 2 days. I let my teacher know that I would not process everything in less than 24 hours, much less in one day. (It was my first time ever learning anything about Reiki.)

Funny enough, Hosak and Lubeck in their book, The Big Book of Reiki Symbols, wrote on p. 21 in the section called Respect & Responsibility Toward the Spiritual Tradition, "...Because of our own experiences, we also believe that Reiki is too valuable to just become acquainted with it in a quick workshop...."

Indeed, there were times I couldn't think of anything, where I was blank when asked about various concepts. However, that was in part due to not wanting to regurgitate my classmates answers. (I don't happen to learn that way.)

I felt that I would be honoring the ancestors, myself, my teacher as a Reiki Master and my teacher's teacher by truly, genuinely trying to learn the material--even if it meant at that moment, I couldn't come up with anything. (Usually something will come to me if I wait just a little bit, so long as I trust in it.)

Teacher was very passionate about honoring the ancestors, serious about her students being great ambassadors for Reiki, etc. and that was very moving.

As students, we were assured that we could express ourselves in class. It didn't seem that applied to me, but I did so nevertheless. I went with my gut each time.

My teacher seemed annoyed by my self-reliance and reliance on my instincts and intuition. I ended up often misunderstood, but I still went with it! It's interesting how I had to just ignore my teacher.

I think again maybe it was a test because for all the threats, I ended up receiving my certificate anyway. I had even forgotten about it and left without it. Maybe teacher understood me and heard my words after all. LoL It's kind of nice!
Old 18-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Master

Your teacher seems to have a big ego, sorry! Sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. There is nothing to learn about reiki. Just having a good intention to help people is all you really need. I had 2 reiki teachers I did not mix well with. All you need is a good attunement, the rest is not that important really. When I finally started teaching reiki I gave the minimum of coursework possible.
Old 19-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Ah ok! I will remember that! I don't recall hearing that in my seminar. I will treasure it!
Old 23-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Experiencer
This might be a bit late, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. Although you got your certificate, don't worry if you don't get your certificates in the future. I've taken many reiki classes and none of my instructors have ever asked to see my certificate from a previous level. Though if you ever begin your own professional reiki practice, clients might ask to see it (in which case, only the Reiki Master certificate matters, I think).
Old 15-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Experiencer

Seconding vespa68 - sounds like ego taking the fore. In fact, you want to be in touch with your instincts and intuition. Glad to hear the certification matter was resolved. I believe everything is a lesson. Maybe this was how 'not' to be. :)