Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 15-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Ascender

Oooh okay that makes sense that they would be green
Old 16-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

Being "pagan" is actually quite harmless, LadyVirgo - in a very literal sense! For such peoples worship Life as a whole - as in respecting all forms of life - humankind themselves, the Nature World (everything that grows) all creatures, etc., believing that everything interacts together to produce our world. Quite commonsense, if you think about it.

The "pagan" faiths fell from favour when the Christian Church rose - or rather, the small-minded few who decided they made the rules, took power over the decisions of other people. So - although I believe in God, and Christ, and the story of Jesus of Nazareth, and have faith in that, and the message of Jesus himself - I prefer to actually practise a "looser" type of faith which respects growing life, other creatures, and of course our unseen friends in Spirit.

It's our own personal choice, and this Forum demonstrates how wonderfully diverse we can be as individuals when we step away from allowing ourselves to be "told" what to believe ... don't y'all think?

As for "The Secret Lives of Elves and Faeries" I spotted it a few years ago on an online site. Y'know - the one which brings to mind tall warrior women, named after a river in Africa! My own is a lovely illustrated hardback version - scattered with the actual sketches made by the Reverend himself, so cost a bit more than I'd normally have paid - but I was drawn to it, and don't regret the purchase.
Alternatively - you may be able to borrow it from your local Public Library? It'd be worth a try.

However you get hold of it - I hope you enjoy it.

Angel Blessings to All
Old 16-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Ascender

I just checked all the libraries near me on their online catalog, and I couldn't find it
Old 16-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Trieah

WOW!!! Those are some amazing pictures Norseman! Thanks for sharing those
Old 18-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
I just checked all the libraries near me on their online catalog, and I couldn't find it

Don't despair, my Lady - whatabout requesting the book at your Library? Maybe you call it something else where you are(?) - but it's asking them to get it, and there is usually a small "request" fee. In some places, none at all! Quite often the book is bought as new stock, or found at another library and passed on. Nowadays, there is quite some interest growing in the Faery realm, so there's a good chance of them getting it for you.

Good Luck with the hunt!

Angel Blessings to All
Old 18-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo

The reason you couldn't find it is perhaps that you've been looking for the wrong title. The true title is The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns and Fairies, and it's freely available. Here it is for free online.

It's a classic, but I linked earlier to Evans-Wentz' The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries (also free online text) which is even better.

Last edited by Prokopton : 18-06-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 18-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Ascender

Thank you!
Old 20-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

Actually "The Secret Lives Elves and Faeries" does exist in the physical, folks I've got a copy myself.

The problem may be that it's actually published in Britain - maybe the former title (the "original" version) is more universal? I tend to forget I'm on an international forum here, it didn't occur to me to say that I got my copy on the Brit amazon site, which also has copies of the former, too.
Also - a slight amendment to my gushings of previously - the Rev. Kirk was actually Episcopalian (I might have mis-spelt that!) not Methodist. In my experience the difference is much the same, though - traditional Christian churches tend to be faery unfriendly - even nowadays!

Either way - good luck in your search, my Lady. I hope you enjoy whatever your choice is.

Angel Blessings to All
Old 24-06-2011, 05:02 AM
Ascender

Thanks Tea Break!
Old 24-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Master
I forgot I had this. It's the Sidhe Queen in her waterfall again but in video

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/blyssvids/?action=view&current=HighForcevid.mp4

[if you click on "previous" or "next" at the top, you have access to a library of 45 short vids . Enjoy !]
[should say that some are a bit rough ]