Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-06-2020, 09:13 PM
Master

More than a few times I have offered my thoughts on the 10 Commandments and it has not even been received as a possibility...…:) But, in lieu of anything better to do I offer them again....:) I regard them as promises or predictions. It does not say or use the word 'commandments' in their original appearance. To say 'shall not' for me is to imply the future....ie. at some unspecified future time thy shall not murder, etc. As we can all agree this has not yet ever happened. Once again, taking them as a promise and/or prediction I cannot accept that God could lie. What they do indicate for me is that they also constitute a promise of heaven. They should be taken as a wonderful promise of the life to come and not as a long list of 'do nots'. It paints God as a fearful and vindictive God rather than as a loving God. Just my opinion....:)
Old 01-07-2020, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
More than a few times I have offered my thoughts on the 10 Commandments and it has not even been received as a possibility...…:) But, in lieu of anything better to do I offer them again....:) I regard them as promises or predictions. It does not say or use the word 'commandments' in their original appearance. To say 'shall not' for me is to imply the future....ie. at some unspecified future time thy shall not murder, etc. As we can all agree this has not yet ever happened. Once again, taking them as a promise and/or prediction I cannot accept that God could lie. What they do indicate for me is that they also constitute a promise of heaven. They should be taken as a wonderful promise of the life to come and not as a long list of 'do nots'. It paints God as a fearful and vindictive God rather than as a loving God. Just my opinion....:)
EXCELLENT POINTS!

You are SPOT ON by writing that the word 'commandment(s)' as in "Ten Commandments" never appears in any of the texts used to render Bible translations. Those expressions came about in recent times as headings, etc. that were never part of the original text.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
EXCELLENT POINTS!

You are SPOT ON by writing that the word 'commandment(s)' as in "Ten Commandments" never appears in any of the texts used to render Bible translations. Those expressions came about in recent times as headings, etc. that were never part of the original text.

' that were never part of the original text.[/quote] '

Have you or anyone else seen/read the ' Original ' text ?
Old 02-07-2020, 01:15 AM
Experiencer

bj are you saying that the words "ten commandments" were not in original bible?
Old 02-07-2020, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus

Yes that's exactly what is implied but how would anyone know unless they have read the ' Original '

There are NO original bibles unfortunately for obvious reasons. The Dead Sea Scrolls are the oldest Scriptures found up to now, amazing....

https://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/fe...s?locale=en_US
Old 02-07-2020, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus

First, I apologize for using the expression 'original'. If you do some research about Headings, etc., you will find they have not been used for that many centuries in the Bible.

"The Ten Commandments" and other headings are recent benign additions to the Bible. Headings help us to 'find things'.

Chapters and verses are 'other' additions.

These changes, which help make it very easy to look things up, do not take away from what the Bible says.

One version of the "Ten Commandments" is found at Exodus Chapter 20.
the New International Version of the Bible (NIV) renders the first 2 verses as:

The Ten Commandments

1 And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

And then if you would compare this with the Hebrew Masoretic text, you will notice that the heading "The Ten Commandments" is missing. It is just a heading, not part of the 'original' text.

As I have mentioned before, what we are talking about is the first part of the Judaic Law. If you study that Law, you might be surprised that some of the Law was extremely progressive.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Pathfinder
Oh come on. It's all excuses. We all know the BASIC stuff about good and evil.
When you do something that makes others feel bad, it's obviously not a thing we should do.
But we achieved to create a mastery of disilusions where we excuse our bad deeds by presenting them as their opposite good idea, so know we have no clue what we are doing.
This is how propaganda works.
God loves you unconditionally!... so burn in hell and before that, we will make sure to rape your entire village and accelerate your entrance in hell bon voyage hehehe
Men shouldn't cry!... so as a father I'll hit my child in order to traumatise it for eternity and so he will hit his wife and offspings as well..
and so on..
just call a bad thing with the good words and confusion somehow magically prevails and convinces people they do good with bad
Old 06-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Pegasus
dan what your write in your latest post does not make any sense-what are you talking about?

I see.

I won't bother to write to you anymore, therefore you are on my ignore list from now on(sorry for that) like many others from this forum.

But thanks for reading the posts which makes no sense. And best luck in your life.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:18 AM
Experiencer

dan no need to apologize-and its really okay with me that you have placed me on your ignore list.

we have different beliefs I think-so all is well no harm no foul
Old 07-07-2020, 06:32 AM
Master
Knowledge is knowledge and there isn't anything wrong with knowledge. It all depends on what you do with that knowledge that matters. Whether you use it for right or wrong. That is the evil, not the knowledge in itself. Amen